WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
My thoughts..

They win was key to help us advance to quarters and maybe avoid Sweden/US. Maybe... lot of games to play.

Dostal was amazing!

Loved Kampf.
Sedlak, Cervus and Tomasek had good games.
The D did very little for me but I did enjoy seeing Spacek get some ice time. I'd keep him at 7 though.
The reffing was a bit odd to my liking.
Sateri was very good but I do worry about our finishing.
Kampf with Kase please

We have a long history of winning a big game and then f***ing up the next one. Get Mrazek in there and expect a very close and low scoring game!

Go NYR go!
When is the Jiricek announcement becuase he'd be Top 4 easy and PP1.
I don't love Krejcik and have no idea why he is on top line. I don't get Flek in OT at all. He is fast but he can't score.

Thought Dostal was very good, especially in the shootout.
The defence was pretty solid, not as bad as I expected. Thought we transitioned well from the D-zone out and had some nice stretch passes. Having said that, offensive d-men are missing (e.g. Tichacek, as previously discussed).
Forwards created chances, and worked hard (good), but severely lack the ability to score (bad). I hope they put in the hours at the shooting range, because it's going to be needed.
Loved Cervus's shootout goal.
Tomasek got better as the game went on.
Kampf with Kase sounds good. They played with Vrana in 2014 when we beat Canada at the World Juniors. If Vrana was playing they'd be able to reunite the whole line.

Haha, agreed about messing up the next game.

Jiricek would be great.
But adding Necas and or Pasta would solve the goal-scoring problem.

Lol.. rulik is pissy.

Needs to learn to handle the pressure.

I maintain the behind the scenes stuff is unknown to us but, to me, it is clear there are agendas we don't know about. Like if Rulik has an HF poster... he'd be shitting on his own roster.lol

It does have a Hadamczak feel to it for sure. Keep in mind I hate Hadamczak so my bias may be skewing my views.
If Had was involved, Barinka would be there for sure.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Thought Dostal was very good, especially in the shootout.
The defence was pretty solid, not as bad as I expected. Thought we transitioned well from the D-zone out and had some nice stretch passes. Having said that, offensive d-men are missing (e.g. Tichacek, as previously discussed).
Forwards created chances, and worked hard (good), but severely lack the ability to score (bad). I hope they put in the hours at the shooting range, because it's going to be needed.
Loved Cervus's shootout goal.
Tomasek got better as the game went on.
Kampf with Kase sounds good. They played with Vrana in 2014 when we beat Canada at the World Juniors. If Vrana was playing they'd be able to reunite the whole line.

Haha, agreed about messing up the next game.

Jiricek would be great.
But adding Necas and or Pasta would solve the goal-scoring problem.

Needs to learn to handle the pressure.

If Had was involved, Barinka would be there for sure.
Marcel Barinka is in the DEL.. expect him to be our late addition.lol Oops, he's in Vitkovice. He's coming for sure!

Forgot about Vrana/Kase/Kampf.. it was right there!lol Great point. Beautiful line 2. I felt Kampf got a lot of good chances and looked a notch above most players. I really hope he moves up. I get he has the D zone job but I still think we could get him more offensive opportunity.

Agree about Tomasek (actually your entire post)... he was very good in OT and was doing very good things out there. I'm a fan and he is in form.. I didn't know too much about him tbh. Thought he looked good in Brno too.

Yup, forwards can get open, can make passes, can penetrate... but they can't finish.

Pasta is down 4-2 as I type this... I want him to do well in NHL but Florida is pretty dominant last 6 periods. No way Caroline is winning 4 straight against Chytil and the NYRs.. they are a deep deep team.

Reactions: Swipes

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
In total, according to the assumptions, not a single post about how great Beránek played :D
I don't expect him to be that good the whole tournament, but I think he was one of the best players on the team, he gave it a lot of energy.

Reactions: Voodoozz and Swipes

Lainestache

Jan 3, 2022
Gratz for the win against us Finns! Twas a tight game. Whats the story about Michal Kovarcik? He had a great season in Liiga, thought for sure that he would get dressed. Anyone know if he is getting any ice time during the tournament, possibly today?

Reactions: Swipes

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Gratz for the win against us Finns! Twas a tight game. Whats the story about Michal Kovarcik? He had a great season in Liiga, thought for sure that he would get dressed. Anyone know if he is getting any ice time during the tournament, possibly today?
Probably depends on situation about Necas, Pasta and Zacha. We have last 3 spots on the roster.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So no Jiricek for sure, Kulich available, but we don't want them (sucks), Pasta and Zacha down 2:1 and hopefully tomorrow we will have Necas available.

Pasta, Zacha, Necas would lift our scoring abilities by 10levels. We would still have problems in the D (and I don't mean in the back, D looked solid there, but they are just all so bad in the front, creating nothing), but we would suddenly have by far the 4th best team lol.

Don't know if it would be enough to beat Canada, Sweden, US, but chances would definitely be much greater.

Maybe Nedved meant that Cleveland will release Jiricek no matter if they advance, so we may hear a bomb today :D like 1% chance here, but hope dies last. We desperately need his shot though, seeing those shots from our D's yesterday was painfull to watch. Slow, unnacurate, almost nothing even hits the net.

Idk it's hard to achieve something in today's hockey without contributing defensemen.

Reactions: Czechboy and Swipes

RBbandit

Jan 4, 2020
So no Jiricek for sure, Kulich available, but we don't want them (sucks), Pasta and Zacha down 2:1 and hopefully tomorrow we will have Necas available.

Pasta, Zacha, Necas would lift our scoring abilities by 10levels. We would still have problems in the D (and I don't mean in the back, D looked solid there, but they are just all so bad in the front, creating nothing), but we would suddenly have by far the 4th best team lol.

Don't know if it would be enough to beat Canada, Sweden, US, but chances would definitely be much greater.

Maybe Nedved meant that Cleveland will release Jiricek no matter if they advance, so we may hear a bomb today :D like 1% chance here, but hope dies last. We desperately need his shot though, seeing those shots from our D's yesterday was painfull to watch. Slow, unnacurate, almost nothing even hits the net.

Idk it's hard to achieve something in today's hockey without contributing defensemen.
Zacha will be injured/won't allowed as usual as soon as Bruins are out.

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Official no Kulich or anybody else from AHL. No word of Jiricek, but I believe the negotiations failed and he would be available only if eliminated, so that's out of the question also right now.

At this point it's probably understandable move, so much as I would love to see Kulich there, we have only three spots and that's Necas, Pasta, Zacha

Would be funny if Zacha f***s them over again and won't come lol. Luckily the scourge of WCH Lenc is ready to step up lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Official no Kulich or anybody else from AHL. No word of Jiricek, but I believe the negotiations failed and he would be available only if eliminated, so that's out of the question also right now.

At this point it's probably understandable move, so much as I would love to see Kulich there, we have only three spots and that's Necas, Pasta, Zacha

Would be funny if Zacha f***s them over again and won't come lol. Luckily the scourge of WCH Lenc is ready to step up lol.
I'm not counting on Zacha for one of the 3 spots. He has turned us down year after year and I've always said one day we won't invite him and he will go on twitter and say 'I was dying to represent my country'. He's like a divorced wife who hates you and twists every situation.lol

So I can see Boston get eliminated and us fly Pasta over and not Zacha. then Zacha says he was subbed.

I fully endorse the 'we haven't seen Pavel on the senior team yet and would need to see him play a few games' quote from Rulik!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So, let me get this straight, Kulich is available.. probably flying to the Prague airport to return home for summer training. So he will probably be in Prague next week. We are not even considering this? Coaches can't find a spot for a 20 year old with 100 AHL points and proven NT success at the junior level? And a shooter nonetheless.lol That is a f***en brutal call.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1715435937827.png

That is the Nedbed quote on hockey.cz on Jiricek a few weeks ago. My interpretation of it (last few sentences is) ' I've talked to the GM of Columbus 4x, even if Jiricek continues in the plaoyffs he may still release him. There is a chance but I can't guarantee it'.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
None of the quartet Adam Klapka, Jiří Kulich, Jiří Smejkal and Lukáš Rousek will strengthen the Czech Republic at the home championship in Prague. General manager Petr Nedvěd definitively ruled out this possibility after Saturday's skating.

I legit think all 4 would make our team stronger and could easily find 4 guys to replace them with.lol Shame. I get the argument.. I do but these guys are better, younger and have much higher ceilings than guys on our team. But I do get it. I notice Jiricek wasn't mentioned.

I still think Kulich should be flown out and tried out at practices at the very least. He's a shooter!

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
None of the quartet Adam Klapka, Jiří Kulich, Jiří Smejkal and Lukáš Rousek will strengthen the Czech Republic at the home championship in Prague. General manager Petr Nedvěd definitively ruled out this possibility after Saturday's skating.

I legit think all 4 would make our team stronger and could easily find 4 guys to replace them with.lol Shame. I get the argument.. I do but these guys are better, younger and have much higher ceilings than guys on our team. But I do get it. I notice Jiricek wasn't mentioned.

I still think Kulich should be flown out and tried out at practices at the very least. He's a shooter!
Yeah strange he doesn't mention Jiricek. Based on your previous message it sounded like they'd take him.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah strange he doesn't mention Jiricek. Based on your previous message it sounded like they'd take him.
In a perfect world where Boston and Carolina lose and all the NHL guys are available and willing to come. I want Jiricek, Pasta and Necas. We need Jiricek more than a third NHL forward IMO. I get most will disagree and say Zacha but Jiricek fixes our D quickly. Only thing I'd take over him is injured Hronek.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
In a perfect world where Boston and Carolina lose and all the NHL guys are available and willing to come. I want Jiricek, Pasta and Necas. We need Jiricek more than a third NHL forward IMO. I get most will disagree and say Zacha but Jiricek fixes our D quickly. Only thing I'd take over him is injured Hronek.

Yeah agreed. Zacha struggles to score goals, I'd rather have Jiricek.

RBbandit

Jan 4, 2020
Yeah agreed. Zacha struggles to score goals, I'd rather have Jiricek.
I guess playoff-style hockey doesn't suit him like the regular season. Both Zacha and Coyle struggle in the playoff and it shows right now. I hope Pasta and Nečas will join, they are needed.

Reactions: Czechboy

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I guess playoff-style hockey doesn't suit him like the regular season. Both Zacha and Coyle struggle in the playoff and it shows right now. I hope Pasta and Nečas will join, they are needed.
I think so too. But even in the regular season he struggles to score (having watched him a fair bit). His strength is his defensive play rather than his goal-scoring, which Pasta and Necas would bring.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, we are 2-0.. have a Finn victory to help us for quarter final seeding.

Today's game is what I though... we outshot the shit out of them but finishing is a problem.

Kampf has been great
Palat has been great
Tomasek has had some good moments
The D was all over the place but happy for Hajek
Mrazek was clearly drunk.. he let in 3 interesting goals and put a Norwegian equipment coach on the IR.
I can't imagine the game drained our batteries as we spent most of it about 150 feet away from Mrazek.
Cervus is a hero.
Happy for Hajek to be honest

That is 2 games now where I can say we've controlled the play and been dominant. That is clearly the plan and Rulik has his boys doing what he wants.

We really need Jiricek and 2 scorers

Hope Kubalik is okay.. he hasn't played well but he showed up without a contrct, had a baby and came back from an injury. Man is a hero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad