GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
voracek and read are both interesting players to consider. i could see why the flyers might want to deal voracek (value extremely high coming off awesome year, injury prone, high price tag on a team over the cap) but it would be an experiment to see how he and krejci would coexist. another left shot right wing in the top six with erikkson, an interesting prospect, doubt chiarelli would bite on the assuredly hefty price tag.

read would be the ideal, perfect even, addition to any teams 3rd line at the rw. hes good on the PP, he has a snipers mentality, hes relatively young, scores 20 goals a year, and makes 900,000 a year. the flyers gain nothing from trading him. not cap space, not equal NHL value since they can't take on salary and he might be the best bargain in the NHL. Flyers won't trade him, they have nothing to gain from it.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Relax everyone. Everyone wants someone payed today!!! We have to sign someone.........aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. If the deal isn't in the budget, what is Chia sopposed to do? He will find somebody to fill the roster.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Thank god Ryder chose NJ
Amen to that. Most of the re-treads and has beens are gone as far as RW is concerned. Iginla is still lurking out there, though.

With additional cache to deal, lets hope our GM lands an established scoring winger or decides to see what the youngsters can bring.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Explain to me why the blues wouldn't just dump halak and a winger to keep pietrangelo...

This isn't ea sports.

It's been said that Pietrangelo is seeking a minimum of $7m and it seems like St. Louis is hesitant to pay that price.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Out:

Horton
Seguin
Jagr
Peverley

Ference

All of the Boston Bruins right-wingers in the finals are gone. Wow. Eriksson is better than all four on the best deal in the NHL (Giroux has one more year on his song) but there has to be an addition on the RW coming soon.

They missed out on Ryder and were offering less term and money than NJ.

The trade option (other than Iginla) seem to be the only option.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Wtf, Setogucchi for a draft pick? I wonder who Chia is looking at on the trade market.

You gotta be kiddin' me, I was just thinking about trade proposals and came up with Koko+. Seto's cap hit is reasonable at 3m

It's official: Chia better comes up with a serious player now...someone better than Setoguchi. Or else I am gonna be pissed off

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
voracek and read are both interesting players to consider. i could see why the flyers might want to deal voracek (value extremely high coming off awesome year, injury prone, high price tag on a team over the cap) but it would be an experiment to see how he and krejci would coexist. another left shot right wing in the top six with erikkson, an interesting prospect, doubt chiarelli would bite on the assuredly hefty price tag.

read would be the ideal, perfect even, addition to any teams 3rd line at the rw. hes good on the PP, he has a snipers mentality, hes relatively young, scores 20 goals a year, and makes 900,000 a year. the flyers gain nothing from trading him. not cap space, not equal NHL value since they can't take on salary and he might be the best bargain in the NHL. Flyers won't trade him, they have nothing to gain from it.

Bruins invited Matt Read to Dev Camp a few years ago - we are not in same division so a defenseman for Read? Since he was in that camp Don Sweeney and company must know him somewhat

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's been said that Pietrangelo is seeking a minimum of $7m and it seems like St. Louis is hesitant to pay that price.

I gotta doubt that. He's one of if not the most valuable defenseman in the league. Can't believe they wouldn't want to give him $7 million when you see what other players are getting.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You don't make the Seguin deal to shred salary and then sit on it. It's a matter of time before he mans up.

Yeah, it's not like he didn't man up yesterday or anything and trade a young stud or anything.

People do realize that cap space doesn't need to be spent immediately, yes? Why would we waste valuable cap we just gained on these ABSURD free agency contracts. Weiss had 4 points in 17 games this year and got $5 mill per. That is pretty telling.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He's actually not a good fit style wise; Spooner on RW talk

would prefer reilly smith on 3rd line RW over spooner. i think spooner is the better prospect, but that would be 3 left shots on the 3rd line. and spooner isn't an ideal 3rd line player. Never seen smith play, never even heard of him until yesterday, but just the fact he's a right shot with some NHL experience, I say he gets the nod at that particular position. i say spooner is the overall better player though long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino