Free Agency thread part II

What UFA most likely signs with the habs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Why do people keep mentioning Panarin? He's obviously not going to come to Montreal... If we want someone amazing like him, we should be ready to give up 4 1st round picks and strike with Marner. But Bergy does NOT have the balls to do so (and stupidly so, considering an added Marner would make us a playoff team - and as we've seen this year, anything can happen in the playoffs if you're well-built ). So that leaves us with Duchene (who I feel will go to Nashville - low taxes & high pay), Nyquist (who might join his buddy here), or some crappy ass players which we'll most likely go for (4th liners and what not). My bet is they might go for (and overpay) Wayne Simmonds.

Reactions: Vachon23

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Why do people keep mentioning Panarin? He's obviously not going to come to Montreal... If we want someone amazing like him, we should be ready to give up 4 1st round picks and strike with Marner. But Bergy does NOT have the balls to do so (and stupidly so, considering an added Marner would make us a playoff team - and as we've seen this year, anything can happen in the playoffs if you're well-built ). So that leaves us with Duchene (who I feel will go to Nashville - low taxes & high pay), Nyquist (who might join his buddy here), or some crappy ass players which we'll most likely go for (4th liners and what not). My bet is they might go for (and overpay) Wayne Simmonds.

I’d offer sheet Marner if I had strict confidence that the 4 picks would all be out of the lottery.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I’d offer sheet Marner if I had strict confidence that the 4 picks would all be out of the lottery.
We have a very good looking near-future with Kotkaniemi, Domi, Poehling, Brook, Romanov, etc. Add Marner to the mix and we look f***ing great. I doubt very much our next 4 1sts (with Marner in the lineup) will become anywhere near as good as Marner himself. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd take the chance for a superstar.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
We have a very good looking near-future with Kotkaniemi, Domi, Poehling, Brook, Romanov, etc. Add Marner to the mix and we look ****ing great. I doubt very much our next 4 1sts (with Marner in the lineup) will become anywhere near as good as Marner himself. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd take the chance for a superstar.

I understand that. I could likely be talked into it.

There is some risk, and making the decisions takes guts and likely some luck.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
Habs should really look at Winnipeg for trade options . Jet's are under the cap crunch, they have a long list of Ufa's & RFA'S
: Patrick Laine(F) - RFA
:Kyle Conner(F)- RFA
:Andrew Copp (F)- RFA
:Brandon Tanev(F)- UFA
: Par Lindholm(F)- UFA
:Matt Hendricks(F)- UFA
:Tyler Myers (D)- UFA
:Ben Chiarot(D)- UFA
:Joe Morrow(D)- RFA
:Bogdan Kiselevich(D) - UFA

Perfect trade partners with a long list of talent . Would love to see a deal amongst these teams.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
His speed , work ethic, young, can play top 6 mins. Pretty much byron 2.0 with more upside . Well worth a 2nd imo, 3.9mil offer and he is gone. I truly think we might see a offer sheet for him. Hopefully it's the habs
Yes. He is worth a 2nd.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
He fast he scored 20 goals

But seriously, he's a good player, just not offer sheet worthy as of now IMO.
He is, and it’s two fold why:
you screw a division rival either way. They lose a player worth more than a mid/late 2nd or it puts them in more of a squeeze than before.

And you are paying banking on future potential, not past production like other ufa’s. Hecould very realistically become a 50-60 point winger playing with Domi on LW and KK at C. At worst he stays a 40 point 3rd liner who kills penalties at a cap of 4 million. That’s actually below the current going rate of 3rd liners.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Sign Duchene and in 2 years are our top 9 could look like this:

Drouin - Duchene - Suzuki
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Poehling - Danault - Gallagher

Absolutely sick

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bergevin said in his presser the night before the draft that he has extended invitations to some pending UFA's and he expects to hear back on Sunday or Monday which ones will accept and either come visit or have some conversations with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad