Free Agency thread part II

What UFA most likely signs with the habs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Come on ...lol that's not true.
And BGally is goona cost us 8.5-9 million a yr very soon!

If we can get Wayne at 4 million range...well, that would be a deal eh?

Power play goals by Simmonds

last yr 5

I bet on the man to bounce back in 2019...and we NEED PP help
Have you seen Simmonds stats and advanced stats last 4 seasons? Trust me hes going into Ladd and Backes mode

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Sportsnet... users Teejo: "That awkward moment when Weber has more turnovers than Gards."

This is gold, Jerry! Gold!!!

Its worth noting that Centre Bell tracks giveaways more aggressively than any other arena. Its not likely that Montreal's 8 most used D-men last season were among the worst 100 D-men in giveaways/60.

Its such an inconsistently tracked stat that, even if you want to interpret much from it (and you shouldn't because its hard to figure out context), then you have to limit it to comparing teammates.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Simmonds is way faster than Lucic ...nobody calls Wayne slow...he still got good speed...

Lucic , (speeds) a struggle for him ...

Simmonds scores PP goals,hangs around out front the net,.,,.

Powerplay goals by Wayne last 6 seasons
last yr 5

Powerplay goals by Brendan Gallagher last 6 yrs...

Last yr 4

THEY BOTH HANG AROUND THE NET....Wayne's much better on the PP.

He's not great there anymore though. And Simmond's is a bigger ES liability than Drouin.

And who are you moving from the wings to make room for him? And what are you (realistically) getting for them?

And what's the opportunity cost of playing and paying for Simmonds?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
how steep is Simmonds decline been? He's only 30. Has he fallen off that much?

remember our Plek, he had what a 35 pt season in a contact yr..and instead of giving him what he wanted at the time 3,5 milllion x 5 yrs (he was willing to take a cut in pay for a long term deal) nope Habs gave him a 1yr prove yourself deal.that next yr he got what 70+ points? and it cost us double the $$ on a long term deal..lol..

Wayne had a down yr ,ok(30 pts) 17 goals....take advantage of that if he is willing ...imho

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
The problem that you seem to want to ignore is that giving Jake Gardiner $7 million on a long term deal is not only not improving the team, it's eating up cap space that will soon be needed for players already on the roster and in the pipeline.

Gardiner is not the answer.

If Gardiner is not the answer, then name me a LHD that is.

(Hint: it definitely wouldn't be Gostisbehere, Leddy or any of the other usual suspects mentioned around here).

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
The Habs NEED to make a trade for LD. Gardiner, Gunnarson or Hutton should be plan E/F/G.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If Bergevin signs Simmonds then he really hasn’t learned anything from this last season. Speed is the name of the game. If you are desperate for a big body, open the wallet for Anders Lee.

Reactions: Runner77

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Who said gardiner? Not me
Also i don’t know how other teams trade players to open cap. Maybe it’s too complex for Bergevin
Byron Shaw dealt. Boom 7.4 million. Really hard

Great. Now how do you fill those holes? Shaw was slotting in on the first line and was productive. Who replaces him? Who are you freeing up this money for?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
If Bergevin signs Simmonds then he really hasn’t learned anything from this last season. Speed is the name of the game. If you are desperate for a big body, open the wallet for Anders Lee.

actually by signing Wayne cheap on a 2-3 yr deal,...that is smart..cause that's just about time JK and the young guys are goona be needing 9-11 million a yr deals...

Locking LEE in for 7 yrs...say goodbye to some young guy you like on this team now..cause we can't afford them all if you lock Lee at 7yrs 8.5 million etc

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Gardiner? Fine with me. Simmonds? Wow Forward Alzner? Is this part of the supposed plan or is it as I'M saying all along...there is no plan. The plan is to go with what hurts less and what's available?

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad