Free Agency thread part II

What UFA most likely signs with the habs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Think much chance we move couple of big contracts for extra picks, and venture deep into UFA? Shaw, or a Drouin, Petry? Gives us over 20 million in cap space. Plus many picks for '20 draft.

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Karlsson, Panarin, Duchene or bust please

Tired of seeing mediocre crap wear this jersey

I’d like to win the lottery (not referring to hockey) too but after years of trying, I know my odds when trying. Even then, we can’t afford all that, another unfortunate part of life cap wise. Tired of mediocre crap, we have to keep rebuilding/retooling and get lucky like all the rest who’re consistently contenders. Luck is a part a lot of fans who’re trigger happy don’t want to accept, or neither don’t want to try because they’d rather watch the team be mediocre then take the chance it takes to win it all in a 31/32 league team.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know what to make of Duchene. He is a good player and I don't think we should be passing up on good players for free. On the other hand, I don't know if he is a GREAT player. People may say that he played for a shitty Sens team, but he played with Stone, Chabot and Tkachuk with all the ice time he wanted. I think he will get around $9 million and I have serious doubts if he is worth it. A fast, goalscoring centerman that can win faceoffs would be nice, but I don't know if he scores 75+ points playing on the Habs. He could very well end up being a 55-60 point player here.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
Wait for the new excuses.
You do know teams always overpay come July 1st. To me the only legit FA in the past few years I would have signed for 7 years was Tavares and it’s clear he had no interest. This year is no different, I’m not sure I want to spend top dollar and overpay for 7 years for any of this years crop of FA. I like Panarin but not sure we have a centre to play with him. Karlsson health issues really scares me...5 years I’m in but he will want 7 years.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I don't know what to make of Duchene. He is a good player and I don't think we should be passing up on good players for free. On the other hand, I don't know if he is a GREAT player. People may say that he played for a ****ty Sens team, but he played with Stone, Chabot and Tkachuk with all the ice time he wanted. I think he will get around $9 million and I have serious doubts if he is worth it. A fast, goalscoring centerman that can win faceoffs would be nice, but I don't know if he scores 75+ points playing on the Habs. He could very well end up being a 55-60 point player here.
He's a 60 point Center who's going to get $8M. We should pass

Edit:After seeing what Skinner is going to get, Duchene is getting more than $8 now

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You do know teams always overpay come July 1st. To me the only legit FA in the past few years I would have signed for 7 years was Tavares and it’s clear he had no interest. This year is no different, I’m not sure I want to spend top dollar and overpay for 7 years for any of this years crop of FA. I like Panarin but not sure we have a centre to play with him. Karlsson health issues really scares me...5 years I’m in but he will want 7 years.
I love the condescending tone that accompanies “you do know “. If we can’t find what we are looking for this year in free agency , when will we find it? “You do know “ that we haven’t exactly drafted or developed it either. We are a team that should/needs to be creative and aggressive because we lack scoring and defence and there is no immediate help on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad