Free Agency thread part II

What UFA most likely signs with the habs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Outside of Gardiner there is no decent LD available. We are going to have to move quality players/prospects to get one.
Or we get lucky and someone sends us one along with a bad contract

For free agency

Plan A:
Gardiner
Panarin
Duchene
Lee

Plan B:
Nyquist
Dzingel
Zuccarelo
Simmonds
Myers

Plan C:
Tanev
Ferland
Maroon
Donskoi
Perry

cap10bfl

Apr 18, 2007
Laval, Qc
Outside of Gardiner there is no decent LD available. We are going to have to move quality players/prospects to get one.

For free agency

Plan A:
Gardiner
Panarin
Duchene
Lee

Plan B:
Nyquist
Dzingel
Zuccarelo
Simmonds
Myers

Plan C:
Tanev
Ferland
Maroon
Donskoi
Perry

Go big or go home

Panarin or Duchene or bust

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Sign Duchene and in 2 years are our top 9 could look like this:

Drouin - Duchene - Suzuki
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Poehling - Danault - Gallagher

Absolutely sick
I think you move the domi line to #1 and flip Phoeling and Duchene.

The cool thing is you are only projecting 3 prospects instead of an entire pool of them, so this is definitely attainable.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I just posted this in another thread. Anders Lee has jumped to #1 on my list. He’s exactly what we’re missing on the top two lines.

This is what I was looking to post. And Danault is 6’1.

Think of it this way. We honestly aren’t competing for a Cup until a lot of our young kids are ready anyways- Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Caufield, Romanov and Suzuki. When they are, our top 3 lines will be centered by players over 6 feet.

X-Kotkaniemi-Caufield
Drouin/Domi-Poehling-Suzuki
Y-Danault-Gallagher

For comparison, all of the bolded guys above are at least the height of Ryan O’Reilly is 6’1”.

What we need to do until then is find 2 power forwards who can skate and put the puck in the net. So Bergevin’s job for the 3 years is finding them.

X would be someone in the mould or Tkachuk or Perry. I have no idea how we’ll get that.

Y is someone like Maroon. A big guy with jam who can park himself in front of the net.

On the back end I think we need to find two mobile guys with size. The left side of our D will get hammered in the playoffs in 3 years with who we have in the pipeline. Juulsen, Petry, Weber and Brook are all big on the right side but we don’t have the same on the left side. Maybe one in Romanov who may become 6 feet tall.

I’ve put Drouin and Domi in bold up front because we can really only afford to keep one of them so maybe Drouin can find us a defenseman. Tatar, Shaw, Byron, Armia and Lekhonen are all expendable for me. Mete as well because the quarterback of the power play will likely be small and he isn’t that guy.

In summary, we need 4 guys either through trades, FA or the draft and have 3 years to do it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The courting period has officially started. I'm very curious to see who the Habs will talk to. Bergevin has already contacted a few free agents and is waiting to hear back from them if they will talk to or visit Montreal.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The courting period has officially started. I'm very curious to see who the Habs will talk to. Bergevin has already contacted a few free agents and is waiting to hear back from them if they will talk to or visit Montreal.

Would we even find out who MB might be talking to? I imagine that stuff will be handled privately.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
There is not much available this year that will solve problems without the potential to create new ones, due to contract length, cap hit or both. I expect that once teams start signing players we will wind up getting stopgap players in trade from teams that will be up against the cap and they will need to lose some players to make room for others. Perhaps grab a player like Dillon from San Jose with one year left on his contract for a late pick and a useless contract like Waked. Would not shock me if Molson doesn't try to mend fences in a PR move and give Markov his 10 games and then they Plekanec him by mutual agreement if he is showing his age.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'm wondering if it's a good idea for us to throw big money around, we just drafted Cole Caufield and I feel like he's gonna be a star. Stars need money

I fully expect Domi to take a step forward this year as well as Kotkaniemi. We're gonna have Gallagher, mete to sign soon too. And I haven't even mentioned Poehling/ Suzuki.

Going forward..
Drouin- Suzuki - Gallagher
Lehkonen- Poehling - Armia

....jesus

As far as fixing the d. Send something for tj Brodie and maybe sign Corey Perry. He'll be cheaper and I truly believe he'll bounce back and give at least 2 more great years. Maybe 3. Do it..please

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Would you sign Anders Lee at 8 million per for 4 years?

200.webp

but it wont be enough

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

For free agency

Plan A:
Gardiner
Panarin
Duchene
Lee

Plan B:
Nyquist
Dzingel
Zuccarelo
Simmonds
Myers

Plan C:
Tanev
Ferland
Maroon
Donskoi
Perry
Gardiner shouldnt ever be plan a id rather go into the season with the garbage left side we had last year than sign him to a bloated over market value contract

Jul 6, 2016
Chiarot and Chiasson. That's good enough and affordable.

Anders Lee would be the most valuable but I have a feeling the Isles will do everything they can to keep their captain.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
This is kind of the way I'd like to see the team go for next year:

Domi - KK - Armia
Drouin - Danault - UFA?Gallagher?
Tatar - Poehling - Byron/Shaw/Gallagher
Lehkonen - Weal - Byron/Shaw
13th: Thompson

UFA: If we sign a forward move one of Shaw/Byron
Deslauriers OUT/AHL
Peca OUT/AHL
Weise OUT/AHL
Suzuki Start out AHL

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I'm wondering if it's a good idea for us to throw big money around, we just drafted Cole Caufield and I feel like he's gonna be a star. Stars need money

I fully expect Domi to take a step forward this year as well as Kotkaniemi. We're gonna have Gallagher, mete to sign soon too. And I haven't even mentioned Poehling/ Suzuki.

Going forward..
Drouin- Suzuki - Gallagher
Lehkonen- Poehling - Armia

....jesus

As far as fixing the d. Send something for tj Brodie and maybe sign Corey Perry. He'll be cheaper and I truly believe he'll bounce back and give at least 2 more great years. Maybe 3. Do it..please

Caufield might play 2 years of college hockey and then make the nhl.

So thats 5 years (includes elc) where he is barely going to count against the cap.

So throwing money and term right now shouldnt be an issue regarding re-signing caufield

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would call these player to know if they are interested and what they want:

Matt Duchene
Anders Lee
Brett Connelly
Ben Chariot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events