Free Agency thread part II

What UFA most likely signs with the habs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
10M 5 years for Duchene...take it or leave it.

Offer valid only for 24 hours or else it’s withdrawn.

Duchene is UFA so he has all the leverage on his side Giving him an ultimatum deal is not a good idea. It's like almost ordering him to "take what we offer or f*** off" kind of thing.It's kind of rude and i don't think it would end up well for the Habs

Not to mention that i don't think that giving Duchene 8x10.5 is a good idea. Toomuch potential to backfire imho. Plus we have Domi who scored 72 pts last year , Kotkaniemi , Suzuki and Poehling waiting in the wings at the C position

Reactions: bsl

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Duchene is UFA so he has all the leverage on his side Giving him an ultimatum deal is not a good idea. It's like almost ordering him to "take what we offer or **** off" kind of thing.It's kind of rude and i don't think it would end up well for the Habs

Not to mention that i don't think that giving Duchene 8x10.5 is a good idea. Toomuch potential to backfire imho. Plus we have Domi who scored 72 pts last year , Kotkaniemi , Suzuki and Poehling waiting in the wings at the C position

Ohh...I know giving ultimatums is not a good.

I was just imitating our GM :)

Reactions: Runner77

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Only guy I would pay $10M a year to is Panarin.

Duchene at $8M I was looking at, but the likely price of $10M, ouch.

Reactions: Runner77

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Panarin has proven he will produce with anyone, so he can name his price.

Duchene on the other hand...

Panarin or bust

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Better buy NHL '20 on Septembwr 13th as that's likely the only way you'll see him in a habs jersey this up coming season.

I would be beyond shocked if he signed here.

I don’t expect it at all either, just saying he should be the only one getting an offer.

Don’t expect Duchene to come here either

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If you that is the case, what does mitchy sign for?

Smart thing for Leafs to do is trade him now for a huge package including a legit top d. They will get a great return for him instead of shopping around a Nylander who everyone is lukewarm on. And he will be perfectly fine as a top 6 C, Toronto will be fine. Imagine they get a super high end D? They'd be set.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Smart thing for Leafs to do is trade him now for a huge package including a legit top d. They will get a great return for him instead of shopping around a Nylander who everyone is lukewarm on. And he will be perfectly fine as a top 6 C, Toronto will be fine. Imagine they get a super high end D? They'd be set.
I don't think they can get a super high end D because they can't fit one under the cap. They'd have to settle for high end prospects.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
What's St. Louis's cap looking like? What better way to solidify their chance to repeat than offloading a surplus D for Marner :eek:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Like who? Seth Jones? Dahlin?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Or Josi (resigned) or... Pietrangelo!

Yeah was thinking after your post, perhaps they could get a Dahlin or Seth Jones, i.e. one of the best young D in the league for a package including Marner and Kadri or Kapanen. That's a damn good package.

Only way I trade Marner is for a player 25 and under. Dahlin would be ideal.

Leafs are so loaded up front, it's time they convert some of their forwards to 2 or more additional high end D.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Toronto simply can’t fit all of these great young players under the cap. Someone will be sacrificed. Tavares was great last year but adding one player with a cap hit of 11 million is going to have a huge effect on this team long term. That’s why I think we should be weary of adding a Duchene with Domi and other young players about to cash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->