Free Agency thread part II

What UFA most likely signs with the habs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
10M 5 years for Duchene...take it or leave it.

Offer valid only for 24 hours or else it’s withdrawn.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
No, let's not go to the conference finals and instead not spend 7 million but 8 million on that great player "cap space." If we're really crafty, we can land another 12 goal scorer like Armia by taking on a 4 million dollar contract.

Again, you ignored the question: what were the alternatives?

And to answer your question, I probably would spend 7 million on Palmieri, and I would have spent 5 million on him back then, when there was no one else available/that would come here and we didn't have to give up assets to get him. This notion that people aren't "7 million" dollar players or "5 million" dollar players is based on the past salary cap. I think a lot of people would not want to sign Palmieri at 7 now, but would be fine if he went back in time and signed for 5 back then. If Subban gets back to top form, he's an 11 million dollar player under the current cap, on a 9 million dollar contract. People need to get used to that.

Because Hayes isn't worth 7 million doesn't mean Palmieri isn't either. Palmieri's a much better player than Hayes.

Where did I say we shouldn't have signed him or that there were better options?

All I said is that these guys got overpaid for what they brought.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
10M 5 years for Duchene...take it or leave it.

Offer valid only for 24 hours or else it’s withdrawn.

Why would he take the same total amount of money as Kevin Hayes? He’s obviously going to want more years.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
If Shaw were to get moved we would need to replace some of what he brings, a good FA addition would be Garnet Hathaway. He with Weal and Armia on the 4th line would be nice as he does have some scoring touch while bringing the grit/antagonist element.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
If we don’t see an offer sheet this year, and we likely won’t, we will never see one absent an overhaul.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If we don’t see an offer sheet this year, and we likely won’t, we will never see one absent an overhaul.

Could see an asshole GM doing that but not MB who strikes me as someone more likely to do an Armia deal than to raid the vulnerable.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
If the idea is to compete, you don't go Lindgren. If the idea is to compete, you have to go w ith a vet. To each their own. If we don't do anything, might as well **** up another year.

If the idea is to compete , play Price 67 + games.
Ya Niemi was extra shit , but lets be honest for almost 2 months Price saved again and again again this season.
Backup goalie who are semi decent are easy to find. Unless we dump Lindgren somewhere , i dont see why we should sign anyone. Because Lindgren has no place in the AHL with Mcniven and Primeau coming up

Reactions: larrypacman8167
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad