GDT: Free Agency - Oct 9th - 11:00am CT

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I don’t want Dach and others trying to develop and having to cover for other guys like you listed who don’t even know how to spell defense let alone play it. It’ll be terrible for development all around. I’d rather them play with more defensively responsible and hard workers who are less talented than start to learn bad habits.

Exactly. Plus we already have enough young, defensively suspect projects on the roster.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
You stick those guys with Toews and another defensively responsible winger.

So now we are going to have Dach play wing, not his natural position, so he doesn’t have to play with lazy floaters?

Also a dumb idea.

All so we can maybe add a second round pick or two? Not worth it.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
So now we are going to have Dach play wing, not his natural position, so he doesn’t have to play with lazy floaters?

Also a dumb idea.

All so we can maybe add a second round pick or two? Not worth it.
No. Ideally Dach would play with guys like Kurashev and Barratt, but that only happens if Shaw can't go.
I didn't realize that Kubalik is merely ok defensively. Nylander is ok as well when he decides to put forth the effort, which is his problem.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
No. Ideally Dach would play with guys like Kurashev and Barratt, but that only happens if Shaw can't go.
I didn't realize that Kubalik is merely ok defensively. Nylander is ok as well when he decides to put forth the effort, which is his problem.

I really think Kubalik should be stapled to Dach’s line all year next year and then you find the third piece. A healthy Shaw would be a really nice option.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I really think Kubalik should be stapled to Dach’s line all year next year and then you find the third piece. A healthy Shaw would be a really nice option.
Completely agree.

If I was spreading out the top lines:

Suter-Toews-Cat
Nylander-Strome-Kane(sheltered line)
Kubalik-Dach-Shaw
whichever 4th liners dress that day.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Completely agree.

If I was spreading out the top lines:

Suter-Toews-Cat
Nylander-Strome-Kane(sheltered line)
Kubalik-Dach-Shaw
whichever 4th liners dress that day.

I’d probably start with....

Suter-Toews-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-Shaw
????-Strome-Cat

Maybe swap Cat and Shaw.... but then you really have no identity on your 3rd line if it’s Strome with two grinders with little offensive talent.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’d probably start with....

Suter-Toews-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-Shaw
????-Strome-Cat

Maybe swap Cat and Shaw.... but then you really have no identity on your 3rd line if it’s Strome with two grinders with little offensive talent.

Yep, that’s what I’d do too. Go back to the lineup style of the beginning of the T/K era. T/K on the first line with someone fits in, then put the rest of your good talent on the second and third lines.

That said, those lineups had a damn good two-way second line with Hossa and Sharp. Kubalik needs to get better defensively, and Strome needs to use his body more.

Reactions: RayP

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Wouldn't be shocked to see Dach getting 1C minutes this season. Not at all.

for sure, given how he was utilized and performed in the Edmonton series.

got to have to wonder if Dach should have Kubalik stapled to his left side like some others have stated, finding that perfect third for that wing may be as easy as putting Pius Suter there...Let those three youngsters have at it!

Kubalik-Dach-Suter

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I know you hate him, but Nylander is going to get another chance with skill players. Just accept it, and hope for the best. They could stick him on any of those lines.

Stan has said multiple times that young players will get sat or sent to Rockford if they feel that’s what’s best for development. There’s no guarantee Nylander gets a spot if he shows he’s not ready.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Stan has said multiple times that young players will get sat or sent to Rockford if they feel that’s what’s best for development. There’s no guarantee Nylander gets a spot if he shows he’s not ready.
Yet didn't he and JC also say if a vet and young player are equal the younger guy will play?

(Not that I really believe that or much either way)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So if Nylander is guaranteed a top 9 spot then the Hawks wont be having Kurashev or Suter on team since Stan see's Janmark as a top 9 player and we still have Shaw

C = Toews , Dach , Strome
LW = Kubalik , Nylander , Janmark
RW = Kane , Debrincat , Shaw

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia