GDT: Free Agency - Oct 9th - 11:00am CT

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Going to make wild outlandish prediction

Stanley makes two trades in next couple days that will send mixed message on where team stands and is headed

To :hawks
D Nick Leddy (500k retained)

To :isles
D Dennis Gilbert

Clears 5M off cap so Isles can extend Barzal , Pulock and Toews

Stanley gets back Leddy signed for 2 more years as veteran top 4 LHD

To :leafs
D Connor Murphy

Maple Leafs 2021 2nd round pick
Maple Leafs 2022 2nd round pick

Hawks end up with this D

Keith-Boqvist
Leddy-Mitchell
Kalynuk-de Haan
Seabrook

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Going to make wild outlandish prediction

Stanley makes two trades in next couple days that will send mixed message on where team stands and is headed

D Nick Leddy (500k retained)

To :isles
D Dennis Gilbert

Clears 5M off cap so Isles can extend Barzal , Pulock and Toews

Stanley gets back Leddy signed for 2 more years as veteran top 4 LHD

To :leafs
D Connor Murphy

Maple Leafs 2021 2nd round pick
Maple Leafs 2022 2nd round pick

Hawks end up with this D

Keith-Boqvist
Leddy-Mitchell
Kalynuk-de Haan
Seabrook

Probably a Danny Wirtz move. Stans hands were tied...that’s gonna be a good laugh when they claim it. Oh wait you proposed that?

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
this thread about to be a bigger letdown than the 2018 July 1
Wait, we're people here expecting moves? I remember Powers promoting this idea thinking they would be players for moves.

Thats when I thought they were clearly in retool mode to do nothing intentionally though.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I want to take on garbage for valuable assets. Bring on the shortened season tire fire and let's do this! Send us some short, trashy contracts and attach some juicy first and second round picks to them, please.

JT and PK won't/shouldn't go anywhere and if DK doesn't want to go, he shouldn't but if he wants to chase another Cup, send him to a team with legit chances. The rest of the board really underestimates what DK still brings to the game. If he goes to a contender and they get in the playoffs, I think you will start to see more and more threads about DK still being an absolute machine.

Fingers crossed for no dumb signings...godspeed, everyone.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Wait, we're people here expecting moves? I remember Powers promoting this idea thinking they would be players for moves.

Thats when I thought they were clearly in retool mode to do nothing intentionally though.

Not expecting player moves, just disappointing that this team has so much cap locked up in players that are unproductive and you see teams near top of standings doing whatever they can to get better...this org needs a complete reset, accumulate picks and get cap off the books, and eventually a new front office (keep mark kelley and some of the scouting staff, stan can go for this cap mess)...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Extending Subban almost feels like a free agency signing given how little we actually saw of him in the net.

Note: not a positive or negative statement

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
I want to take on garbage for valuable assets. Bring on the shortened season tire fire and let's do this! Send us some short, trashy contracts and attach some juicy first and second round picks to them, please.

JT and PK won't/shouldn't go anywhere and if DK doesn't want to go, he shouldn't but if he wants to chase another Cup, send him to a team with legit chances. The rest of the board really underestimates what DK still brings to the game. If he goes to a contender and they get in the playoffs, I think you will start to see more and more threads about DK still being an absolute machine.

Fingers crossed for no dumb signings...godspeed, everyone.
With what magical cap space are we taking on these short trashy contracts?

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
With what magical cap space are we taking on these short trashy contracts?
We will have cap space. Strome and Kub will be back for relatively cheap, 2-3 year deals. And I can't see us spending over $2.5M in total for our goaltending situation. I could also see them making a trade of a current roster player (Saad?) with a bit of retention. And just wait until Seabs goes on LTIR ;) (which obviously won't change today but will give us flexibility in the season).

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
They're going to have to retain 50% on Saad if they move him to get any sort of value.
I might hold at this point....though they're taking a risk if the season is canceled.
Disagree. The market for Saad is different. He is a short term solution for a team looking to load up at a Cup. Stastny to Winnipeg was Vegas offloading a contract to make a run at bigger names.

While we may retain on Saad, I don't think you'd need to retain 50% just to get some value.

Reactions: Drumman44

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We will have cap space. Strome and Kub will be back for relatively cheap, 2-3 year deals. And I can't see us spending over $2.5M in total for our goaltending situation. I could also see them making a trade of a current roster player (Saad?) with a bit of retention. And just wait until Seabs goes on LTIR ;) (which obviously won't change today but will give us flexibility in the season).
Let's say Kubalik comes in at 3.9, Strome at 2.5 and Subban at 1M.
That leaves them.....~3.5M in cap space. What are they going to do with that?
They almost have to move Saad.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
i know hindsight is 20/20 but man think about what could've been if the hawks came into this summer with the cap space they had last summer...there would've been opportunities all over the place to add solid nhl players for nothing...they wanted ryan murray and he just went for a late pick, they could've added a paul statsny for a pick as well...random luck that sometimes ya need to go your way

Reactions: jls24 and Muffinalt

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He could be a late bloomer. Worth a try.

22-Power-Owen-840x420-px.jpg

Reactions: d rake

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Actually not that much cap space :/

If Kubalik 3.9, Strome 2.5, Subban 1.5, Kalynuk up Seabs as 7D, both Nylander and Smith on the roster as 13/14th forward

-- that's 1.2 mil only, and we need 1 mil for bonuses right?

We could create more space if Subban o ly gets 1 mil, and we only have 13 forwards up (let's say Nylander as the 12th, Smith as 13th, Highmore sent down),

-- then it's 2.5 mil.

So I don't expect anything more than a 1.5 mil player. We really should've gotten rid of Smith imo to keep Cagguila comfortably. But that 1.5 player could be him actually, would be nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad