GDT: Free Agency - Oct 9th - 11:00am CT

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Even with Nylander/Suter there's a missing spot in the top 9 imo. Shaw can't be counted on

X-Toews-DeBrincat
X-Strome-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-x
Janmark-Wallmark-Shaw/Carpenter

As of right now, available players for the x spots are Shaw/Nylander/Suter

Kampf is kinda out already. The 4th line is what's crowded, not the top 6.

Kampf is a perfect 4th liner. Plus the coach likes him.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
With Stan saying he's done on the UFA side of things, Im guessing we should expect to see Janmark in the the top 9 like others have said before. I'd ideally like to see a guy like Kahun, Galchenyuk or AA on the third line over him. But we just have too many forwards as it is unfortunately.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He is, but Wallmark is underrated and under utilized. Honestly, if the Hawks weren't so deep at C, I'd consider him on the 3rd line.
maybe that has something to do with Strome not being signed yet couple that with the likes of Wallmark, barratt, kurashev wise in the mix moving forward

Last edited:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I do think we will see a trade or two with our F's before the season starts

Kubalik-Toews-Suter
Janmark-Dach-Kane
Kurashev- Strome-Cat
Wallmark-Kampf-Capenter

Shaw/Nylander/highmore/hagel/entwhistle

Shaw's in, until he's out. Nylander is in, most likely with Dach & Kane. Kurashev is the first forward up and I see him making his debut this season.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Shaw's in, until he's out. Nylander is in, most likely with Dach & Kane. Kurashev is the first forward up and I see him making his debut this season.
What's nice about Strome is that he has really good chemistry with both Cat and Kane.

What's nice about Cat is that he has really good chemistry with Toews and Strome.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If I see one more person suggest bringing Kahun back, I'm going to lose my f***ing mind. The Hawks DO NOT NEED ANOTHER SOFT, PERIMETER PLAYING FORWARD. Period. Please stop.

Another hard pass on Athanasiou.

And Galchenyuk, too.

These guys don't play defense, and are easy to play against

Assuming it’s a shortened 40-50 game season I say bring them all on.

all aboard team tank!

Kampf for 3C.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If I see one more person suggest bringing Kahun back, I'm going to lose my f***ing mind. The Hawks DO NOT NEED ANOTHER SOFT, PERIMETER PLAYING FORWARD. Period. Please stop.

Another hard pass on Athanasiou.

And Galchenyuk, too.

These guys don't play defense, and are easy to play against.
This is true. I'm only interested in Athanasiou to flip for rebuild assets. Hawks have way too many top 9 forwards allergic to playing defense.

Someone like Entwistle could be 2nd man up after Kurashev.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The GM that drafted him to begin with. But then didn't keep him.

Sure he's still an option but guys like him, Duclair, Hoffman, Kahun, etc. Either need to drop their price or desire to go where they think they will play.
Yep.....
If they can get one 2nd on a flip it would be worth it. He'd probably score a ton playing in the Hawks top 6.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yep.....
If they can get one 2nd on a flip it would be worth it. He'd probably score a ton playing in the Hawks top 6.

If the Hawks don't care about being bad, you don't have to bring players in from outside to be bad.... Just play your prospects. There's no point in bringing in any more players. Let the youth fight it out.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If the Hawks don't care about being bad, you don't have to bring players in from outside to be bad.... Just play your prospects. There's no point in bringing in any more players. Let the youth fight it out.
They should be signing players to flip for picks and prospects as well if they have a good year.
That's part of rebuilding. I'd imagine Janmark, Wallmark and Kampf are guys they could flip, but they won't bring as much as a guy who brings offense like Athanasiou or Galchenyuk would.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
They should be signing players to flip for picks and prospects as well if they have a good year.
That's part of rebuilding. I'd imaging Janmark, Wallmark and Kampf are guys they could flip, but they won't bring as much as a guy who brings offense like Athanasiou or Galchenyuk would.

Not at the expense of blocking all of the openings from their young players.... There's also a very good chance this season never makes it to the trade deadline, or playoffs.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That's part of rebuilding. I'd imagine Janmark, Wallmark and Kampf are guys they could flip, but they won't bring as much as a guy who brings offense like Athanasiou or Galchenyuk would.

I don’t want Dach and others trying to develop and having to cover for other guys like you listed who don’t even know how to spell defense let alone play it. It’ll be terrible for development all around. I’d rather them play with more defensively responsible and hard workers who are less talented than start to learn bad habits.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don’t want Dach and others trying to develop and having to cover for other guys like you listed who don’t even know how to spell defense let alone play it. It’ll be terrible for development all around. I’d rather them play with more defensively responsible and hard workers who are less talented than start to learn bad habits.
You stick those guys with Toews and another defensively responsible winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad