GDT: Free Agency - Oct 9th - 11:00am CT

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And they have old and broken down Spezza too. So either they will have one slow ass line with all 3 of them on it, or those 3 will slow down every line they are on. But at least they will have experience!!!

Leafs still look like a team that may do well in the RS but perhaps not so much at crunch time ... but bringing in Joe will not hurt their chances in the postseason, IMO. They'll still be longshots in the playoffs, unless between now and then, they can somehow shore up their weak defensive game.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Leafs still look like a team that may do well in the RS but perhaps not so much at crunch time ... but bringing in Joe will not hurt their chances in the postseason, IMO. They'll still be longshots in the playoffs, unless between now and then, they can somehow shore up their weak defensive game.
Leafs D still sucks.

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Notable FA's still available

LW/RW Mike Hoffman
LW Mikael Granlund
LW/RW Dominik Kahun
LW/RW Michael Frolik
LW/RW Conor Sheary
LW Ilya Kovalchuk
LW Anthony Duclair
LW Andreas Athanasiou
LW Alex Galchenyuk
C/LW Derrick Brassard
C/LW Erik Haula
C/W Carl Soderberg
D Travis Hamonic
D Sami Vatanen

Anyone your interested in?

I suspect Hoffman goes back to Florida once they settle Weeger situation

I would still like to see Kahun back but also think Galchenyuk could be interesting buy low/1 yr prove it deal

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
Stan said in his interviews he is done FWIW...but if we are playing EA nhl20...I'd think the players I like that I think we would call :

LW/RW Dominik Kahun
LW/RW Conor Sheary
LW Andreas Athanasiou
D Sami Vatanen

As much as I like Vatanen there's no spot which means one out/one in to fit him. Dunno if it makes sense...I bet no.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Notable FA's still available

LW/RW Mike Hoffman
LW Mikael Granlund
LW/RW Dominik Kahun
LW/RW Michael Frolik
LW/RW Conor Sheary
LW Ilya Kovalchuk
LW Anthony Duclair
LW Andreas Athanasiou
LW Alex Galchenyuk
C/LW Derrick Brassard
C/LW Erik Haula
C/W Carl Soderberg
D Travis Hamonic
D Sami Vatanen

Anyone your interested in?

I suspect Hoffman goes back to Florida once they settle Weeger situation

I would still like to see Kahun back but also think Galchenyuk could be interesting buy low/1 yr prove it deal
Kahun, who can get a few assists, with no grit whatsoever in his game and good for 10 goals maybe? Why bring him back? Are Hawks really that desperate?

Reactions: Pertti

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Athanasiou still makes a ton of sense.
They could bury Kampf if they had to.
First he would not be replacing Kampf as Kampf PKs and takes faceoffs. You don't put Athanasiou in your bottom six. The guy was a -45 in 46 games with Detroit but you want to assign him David Kampf's defensive responsibilities?

I'd rather get a look at Suter and give Nylander a final chance than sign this guy.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Even with Nylander/Suter there's a missing spot in the top 9 imo. Shaw can't be counted on

X-Toews-DeBrincat
X-Strome-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-x
Janmark-Wallmark-Shaw/Carpenter

As of right now, available players for the x spots are Shaw/Nylander/Suter

Kampf is kinda out already. The 4th line is what's crowded, not the top 6.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Even with Nylander/Suter there's a missing spot in the top 9 imo. Shaw can't be counted on

X-Toews-DeBrincat
X-Strome-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-x

Kampf isn’t going anywhere.... yet. He’ll be the 4C again and he’s a good one. Great defensively and on the PK. Can’t remember his FO numbers off memory but I want to say he’s good there too.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

X-Toews-DeBrincat
X-Strome-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-x

pretty sure that Janmark will be in the top 9 and he very well may be on Kane's LW to offer some sense of balance and defensive responsibility

I do think we will see a trade or two with our F's before the season starts

Kubalik-Toews-Suter
Janmark-Dach-Kane
Kurashev- Strome-Cat
Wallmark-Kampf-Capenter

Shaw/Nylander/highmore/hagel/entwhistle

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
pretty sure that Janmark will be in the top 9 and he very well may be on Kane's LW to offer some sense of balance and defensive responsibility

I do think we will see a trade or two with our F's before the season starts

Kubalik-Toews-Suter
Janmark-Dach-Kane
Kurashev- Strome-Cat
Wallmark-Kampf-Capenter

Shaw/Nylander/highmore/hagel/entwhistle

I don't see Janmark as a good fit opposite Kane. He needs someone who can finish on the other wing. Unless Kirby takes a big step in that regard.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kampf isn’t going anywhere.... yet. He’ll be the 4C again and he’s a good one. Great defensively and on the PK. Can’t remember his FO numbers off memory but I want to say he’s good there too.

Wallmark is far superior player

Why the hell would Kampf be our #4C over him?

And Kampf is great at nothing

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well he is atrocious with the puck

Without the puck he does nothing great and is far from the defensive ace you hold him up to be. He constantly loses puck battles and loses his coverage often

Kamfp nothing special

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

X-Toews-DeBrincat
X-Strome-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-x

Kampf is out? Wtf are you talking about? Kampf is a good 4c and has skills this team needs.

Reactions: bwana63

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well he is atrocious with the puck

Without the puck he does nothing great and is far from the defensive ace you hold him up to be. He constantly loses puck battles and loses his coverage often

Kamfp nothing special

Atrocious with the puck? He’s not being asked to do anything with the puck. That’s not his role. That’s like complaining Kane doesn’t hit enough.

He absolutely is great on defense and is often out against the toughest competition. How many times have we seen him strong along the boards on the PK keeping the puck pinned and killing valuable time?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Atrocious with the puck? He’s not being asked to do anything with the puck. That’s not his role. That’s like complaining Kane doesn’t hit enough.

He absolutely is great on defense and is often out against the toughest competition. How many times have we seen him strong along the boards on the PK keeping the puck pinned and killing valuable time?

Kampf is the type of player we need to keep on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad