GDT: Free Agency - Oct 9th - 11:00am CT

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I hafta admit ... I almost like the Leafs these days. Almost.

I always liked them because they suck year after year. Biggest joke in this league. Once again they'll probably start the season with only three NHL defenders thinking that would do to win a cup. Du(m)bas(s) is just a clueless kid. You just wonder if he'll eventually get fired or if he'll just escape once there's nothing left to destroy like the other kid messing up the Yotes:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Actually he was with Hawks and is a #4 in Buffalo

And alot on this board are crowning Mr Mitchell as the best thing since sliced bread... As of this moment he has shown not a damn thing to be worthy of hype

Plenty of NCAA studs have proven crap in NHL

At end of day we gave away a young defender in Joker for no damn justifiable reason and it has hurt franchise. With Joker we likely dont trade for one of de Haan or Maatta or both
I hear ya chilling the expectations would be best (and I’m quite high on Mitchell) but I think NCAA dmen have a much better track record than forwards and such as of late. Could just be me though.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My favourite memory of Thornton was him crying while Bolland made him his bitch during that sweep.

VNjBFUR.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Lightning and Nikita Nesterov are talking

The UFA and former Lightning spent last 3 years playing for CSKA Moscow

Always liked Nesterov and would like to see him return to NHL

For lightning they add cheap (Probably 1-1.5M) LD to team

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The Lightning and Nikita Nesterov are talking

The UFA and former Lightning spent last 3 years playing for CSKA Moscow

Always liked Nesterov and would like to see him return to NHL

For lightning they add cheap (Probably 1-1.5M) LD to team
Has he made big leaps or would he still be jist a 6-7 like he was prior.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who knows

He played well in KHL and talked to Kings (Deal fell thru) and turned down deal with CSKA Moscow so it appears he has been waiting for another NHL team to call

Could be case of a kid going back overseas and finding his game with bigger role/consistency and coming back over better then he was or he could still struggle

Wont know till he comes over (If he comes over)

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
He was referring to Leafs. I guess you could call the 3 vets slow (Spezza, Thornton, Tavares) but Leafs have plenty of speed. No doubt that their defense has been suspect for years but I think Thornton is a good acquisition for TO.
Joe T could always afford to be slow skate wise, because his brain was fast and his big body would be the equalizer especially in the O zone by he being able to shield the puck much like J Jagr, thus keeping possession until making the right play which he has done all his career.
Agree, I think he'll be a good addition to the Leafs.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He was referring to Leafs. I guess you could call the 3 vets slow (Spezza, Thornton, Tavares) but Leafs have plenty of speed. No doubt that their defense has been suspect for years but I think Thornton is a good acquisition for TO.

They have three NHL defenders right now. Thornton will help shit if they don't have at least 6 of them. How Tampa managed to win games with Bogosian in the lineup is beyond me. Holl and Dermott are career AHLers and Sandin I don't think is close from being an NHL player. Just two years ago he failed to get playing time with Rögle, the team with the SHL's worst defense. Lehtonen is the wild card but the Leafs will suck again.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I love Simmonds but I think he’s cooked. The Leafs at the very least will be much tougher to play against.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
ok my bad, thanks and yes then I agree with him

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Joe T could always afford to be slow skate wise, because his brain was fast and his big body would be the equalizer especially in the O zone by he being able to shield the puck much like J Jagr, thus keeping possession until making the right play which he has done all his career.
Agree, I think he'll be a good addition to the Leafs.

Joe himself is quite excited and he thinks Leafs have a chance to get him his Cup.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Joe himself is quite excited and he thinks Leafs have a chance to get him his Cup.

Joe is old and senile if he truly believes that. They don’t stand a chance with that defense and adding a 41 year old Joe himself and a broken and washed up Simmonds isn’t going to help them much if even at all.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Still 304 UFA and RFAs unsigned...always a race outta the gate and then a lull down to nothing week later...

Waiting on Strome and hoping both KK and Jewels are signed

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Joe is old and senile if he truly believes that. They don’t stand a chance with that defense and adding a 41 year old Joe himself and a broken and washed up Simmonds isn’t going to help them much if even at all.
And they have old and broken down Spezza too. So either they will have one slow ass line with all 3 of them on it, or those 3 will slow down every line they are on. But at least they will have experience!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->