Frank Corrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Lol... it is funny how off the handle some went... good to see the passion though

Hard to understand the events though... surly the is a sound reason... surly... right

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
"omgerd frankie sent down these are the types of moves that cripple an organization for decades!!1!11!! awful awful management!!!"

lol...

Glad to have him back. :)

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
"omgerd frankie sent down these are the types of moves that cripple an organization for decades!!1!11!! awful awful management!!!"

lol...

Glad to have him back. :)

You know those charts that show the effect of lopsided trades decades down the line? In 2025, we'll be doing that for the effect of sending Frank Corrado to the AHL for a day on March 2nd, 2015.

It's a real franchise killer.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Not so awful anymore.

i wonder who it was that convinced them that sending corrado down was such a stupid mistake. maybe they read hfboards? hi jim. i dont actually hate you, just the job you're doing. thanks though

edit: nobody would suggest that sending corrado down to deprive him of $7200 was a huge mistake. it was the very clear, stated intention that corrado play pointless AHL games when the club needs defencemen that was a huge mistake. either that was a lie or they agreed with us that it was a stupid mistake and corrected it

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I hope that Biega thing isn't true. It'd be a shame to waste one of the 4 call ups for nothing.

didn't the oilers **** up something like this a couple years ago and it ended up they couldn't recall one of their prospects for the end of the year disappointment/good salary time

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
i wonder who it was that convinced them that sending corrado down was such a stupid mistake. maybe they read hfboards? hi jim. i dont actually hate you, just the job you're doing. thanks though

edit: nobody would suggest that sending corrado down to deprive him of $7200 was a huge mistake. it was the very clear, stated intention that corrado play pointless AHL games when the club needs defencemen that was a huge mistake. either that was a lie or they agreed with us that it was a stupid mistake and corrected it

It's okay to be wrong sometimes. Just admit it :P

didn't the oilers **** up something like this a couple years ago and it ended up they couldn't recall one of their prospects for the end of the year disappointment/good salary time

It doesn't matter. They have 1 call-up left for general use but they likely won't be using it.

They can use as many emergency call-ups as they need as long as it fits within the cap, which it will because we aren't against it.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
They can use as many emergency call-ups as they need as long as it fits within the cap, which it will because we aren't against it.

The only screw up I remember was Calgary having to play a shortened roster because of short term injuries screwing over a cap team so they couldn't call up any players. Think they had a few 17 player games because of it.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
The only screw up I remember was Calgary having to play a shortened roster because of short term injuries screwing over a cap team so they couldn't call up any players. Think they had a few 17 player games because of it.

I remember that with the Flames, was a few season back. That happended to the Kings earlier this season for a game or two with the Voynov suspension.

Ana Crusis

Oct 13, 2010
south of heaven
Do you all think corrado will be one of the 6 defenseman at the start of next season? Or is he nothing more than a 7th guy or worse . Tx in advance for the input.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Do you all think corrado will be one of the 6 defenseman at the start of next season? Or is he nothing more than a 7th guy or worse . Tx in advance for the input.

I feel like with Tanev and Bieksa in the mix, there's only one RD spot left for Corrado and Clendening.

Either they get rid of one of these two guys or they keep them both on the roster and have them battle for that 3RD spot. IMO Corrado has 2nd pairing upside, unlike Clendening, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have both in the lineup.

(Again, we know it's not going to happen but) Another good reason for getting rid of Bieksa :P

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010

If he doesnt clear waivers (i'm not sure since i believe his first year is @ 19 and not 20), then he probably starts the year in Utica. If he needs to clear waivers, i suspect he'll be in Weber's role next year.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kid deserves more hype.

I see this guy being part of the core very soon.

"Core piece" or not, i'm not really sure at this point. But part of the team, absolutely.

I really don't know what happened to his development under the Torts regime, but it wasn't good. Looked on the cusp of taking that next step up to the NHL prior to that...seemed to take a big step back that season for some reason. Seemed to regain lost ground last season though...very hopeful he'll be able to fill a cheap bottom-pairing sort of role next season.

His waiver status may mean he gets stuffed back on the farm for a bit as added "depth" though. Will be interesting to see how that all unfolds.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kid deserves more hype.

I see this guy being part of the core very soon.

Sad thing to me is that if this guy had gotten the same kind of minutes as Sbisa did this year in VanCity, he'd have been in the top four by now.....guy is having a monster playoff with the Utica Comets....has a big future in Canuckleland if only Desjardins will actually play him.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
"Core piece" or not, i'm not really sure at this point. But part of the team, absolutely.

I really don't know what happened to his development under the Torts regime, but it wasn't good. Looked on the cusp of taking that next step up to the NHL prior to that...seemed to take a big step back that season for some reason. Seemed to regain lost ground last season though...very hopeful he'll be able to fill a cheap bottom-pairing sort of role next season.

His waiver status may mean he gets stuffed back on the farm for a bit as added "depth" though. Will be interesting to see how that all unfolds.

I think it really sends a bad message to keep him on the farm and giving Clendening a spot next year. Corrado has outplayed Clendening by a large margin and should have been up with the big club in the top 6.

Sad thing to me is that if this guy had gotten the same kind of minutes as Sbisa did this year in VanCity, he'd have been in the top four by now.....guy is having a monster playoff with the Utica Comets....has a big future in Canuckleland if only Desjardins will actually play him.

Yup, what makes it even more sad is that Corrado is essentially everything Sbisa was talked up to be.

6'2 physical defenseman, that can skate and really hammer the puck, makes a great first pass, great defensively as well. Corrado is what Sbisa was supposed to be.

Corrado is just an all around great prospect.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
corrado will knock people over if he has to. i dunno how active he is if there are scrums and stuff though

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
he's got a hard shot but weber's knack for taking good shots i think is something corrado wont have for a while. thats fine though

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

His waiver status may mean he gets stuffed back on the farm for a bit as added "depth" though. ...

While I was among those thinking Corrado would be waiver exempt next season, it appears that isn't the case.

Exhibit 16 of the CBA reads:

15 Waivers 11 NHL GP threshold for 18/19 year olds for 2012-13 pro-rated (48/82)

48/82 * 11 ~6.44. Corrado played 7 NHL games in 2012-13, so his waiver exemption should be reduced to 3 seasons commencing 2012-13 and ending with 2014-15.

Imo we should expect to see Corrado spend next season with the Canucks.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary

Corrado has the tools to be a reliable defender in time, but it's not like he was very good when in the lineup this season. He was sheltered and still posted a -7 in 10 games.

As bad as Sbisa was, he was only a -8 in 76 games, playing tougher competition. I think Corrado will eventually be better than Sbisa, but that wasn't necessarily going to be this season.

Will be interesting to see how he fares early next year, because his development has been all over the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad