Frank Corrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
how do you people not understand that objectively awful small decisions are a billion times worse than "maybe bad" impactful decisions

**** like sending corrado down or wasting small picks on garbage bags (like nonis) is a billion times worse than all the ballards and booths in the world

the funny thing is that biega is actually a really good, possibly-better-than-corrado AHL player that the comets desperately need right now

You need to do a better job of explaining it.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
when you look at small bad decisions, they are not of high impact but they are very indicative of poor decision making. big bad outcomes like david booth (or lets say if vrbata wasnt awesome) can hurt more but they are at least signs that the person making the decision doesn't have some sort of disability. if vrbata was a trashcan or if clendenning doesnt turn out its like, ok guy it didnt work out, but it was good thinking with an unlucky execution

gillis made his share of stupid small moves too (every gm does it, without exception), see: cam barker - but they are far outweighed by the good ones. that i keep having to go back to vrbata should illustrate how many of those decisions i think benning has made. anyways if you wanna keep it up, reply to me in the benning thread and ill move there

Utica needs Frankie right now, they're hurting with Markstrom being up.

honestly i think biega would help them more

this decision would make sense if frankie was out for three months with no dry land and they just wanted him to freshen up and also we didn't desperately need defence, but none of those are true. as it is, it just screaming "i dont know who frankie corrado is"

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
How is this a bad decision? He needs conditioning and Iain MacIntyre said he needs to be sent down for CBA/cap reasons before the deadline, so this wasn't a surprise.

Such a minor thing to get worked up over.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
when you look at small bad decisions, they are not of high impact but they are very indicative of poor decision making. big bad outcomes like david booth (or lets say if vrbata wasnt awesome) can hurt more but they are at least signs that the person making the decision doesn't have some sort of disability. if vrbata was a trashcan or if clendenning doesnt turn out its like, ok guy it didnt work out, but it was good thinking with an unlucky execution

gillis made his share of stupid small moves too (every gm does it, without exception), see: cam barker - but they are far outweighed by the good ones. that i keep having to go back to vrbata should illustrate how many of those decisions i think benning has made. anyways if you wanna keep it up, reply to me in the benning thread and ill move there

this decision would make sense if frankie was out for three months with no dry land and they just wanted him to freshen up and also we didn't desperately need defence, but none of those are true. as it is, it just screaming "i dont know who frankie corrado is"

Exactly, the thing is that lots of really small bad moves will add up over time. The impact is felt cumulatively over time and it indicates something far worse going on upstairs.

That **** sneaks up on you when you overlook small little things like this.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Exactly, the thing is that lots of really small bad moves will add up over time. The impact is felt cumulatively over time and it indicates something far worse going on upstairs.

That **** sneaks up on you when you overlook small little things like this.

Sending a 5/6 D-man down for like 2 or 3 games when he needs a conditioning stint anyway is the type of move that will add up and burn us later?

My mind is being blown right now.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Sending a 5/6 D-man down for like 2 or 3 games when he needs a conditioning stint anyway is the type of move that will add up and burn us later?

do you intentionally misunderstand everything or should i be explaining these things differently because like, i think most people get the things and then you just fly in with the point sailing past you like it was fired out of a cannon

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

does it have anything to do with waiver eligibility next year?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
eh, someone else would have to answer that, but id be surprised. guessing, i think corrado's got at least another full year of eligibility. this is the 2nd year of his ELC right?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
eh, someone else would have to answer that, but id be surprised. guessing, i think corrado's got at least another full year of eligibility. this is the 2nd year of his ELC right?

I cant remember if we burned a year in 2013 or not when we played him against the Sharks in the playoffs.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

He was ready to play today, was he not? Instead guy was a healthy scratch as I understand it, when we badly could've used him considering the state of our D.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
sounds like there was a rightful change of thinking regarding Frank Corrado and Biega.

It's the right move. You're talking prospect with upside with career AHLer.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Here's what I think is going on with Corrado and Biega:

1. They papered Biega and not Corrado because they didn't actually intend to play Biega unless there was emergency. Biega was to be the extra D. They've done it all year - call up guys who just hang around the team in case one of them needs to go.
2. But it's playoff time now, both in the NHL and the AHL. Corrado is an important prospect and they'd prefer to be playing in the Calder Playoffs. Biega, a 27 year old AHLer, they're okay having up in the NHL to mostly warm the bench.
3. Tanev suffered a setback, so now they're in a situation where their spare D would have to play. They vastly prefer having Corrado play in this situation than Biega.

Thoughts?

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
sounds like there was a rightful change of thinking regarding Frank Corrado and Biega.

It's the right move. You're talking prospect with upside with career AHLer.

which is sad because i didn't see career ahler with Biega. He was actually fairly solid.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
lol what the hell? had to checkout what you were talking about. what a dumb error that'd be.

One possibility might be that they recalled him as an emergency call up and then had to demote him once Edler was healthy. Then it wouldn't count as 1 of the 4.

Still, it's a weird sequence regardless since it all happened over a period of 24 hours.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Here's what I think is going on with Corrado and Biega:

1. They papered Biega and not Corrado because they didn't actually intend to play Biega unless there was emergency. Biega was to be the extra D. They've done it all year - call up guys who just hang around the team in case one of them needs to go.
2. But it's playoff time now, both in the NHL and the AHL. Corrado is an important prospect and they'd prefer to be playing in the Calder Playoffs. Biega, a 27 year old AHLer, they're okay having up in the NHL to mostly warm the bench.
3. Tanev suffered a setback, so now they're in a situation where their spare D would have to play. They vastly prefer having Corrado play in this situation than Biega.

Thoughts?

Could be. Could also be that they'll play Biega and sit Corrado but just need an extra warm body around. There are so many moving parts on this team lately it's hard to gauge where everyone fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad