Frank Corrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckage

Mar 12, 2014
Kevin Bieksa turns 34 in June, according to the Canucks website. With his advancing years, I can't see the Canucks 'making room' for him in the lineup.

To me, it makes absolute sense to leave Corrado with Hamhuis, basically cementing the top four in the coming years. Today's decisions are about forming a better team down the road, one that Bieksa won't be part of. Corrado will.

The only reason I can see to splitting up Corrado and Hamhuis, could be the play of Clendening. If he plays really well offensively, but needs the stabilizing influence of Hamhuis in his own end, then the second pairing could be Hamhuis/Clendening. The third pairing would then be Corrado plus Bieksa/Stanton/Sbisa/Weber.

Even the notion of sending Corrado down to avoid losing a defenseman now seems pointless. Corrado is one of the top 6 defenders in the organization and should be in the lineup every night.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Last night was one of the stronger games of his young NHL career, it did come against Buffalo but he was very impressive nonetheless. Hoping he can build on it moving forward.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I know it's a very small sample size but he currently leads the team in corsi. I don't know too much about advanced stats but I do know this jibes with the eye test. He just looks so in control of the play when he's out there.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph 1m1 minute ago

Frank Corrado is being re-assigned to Utica. Not a paper transaction. On his way to play games with #comets #Canucks

im ****ing mad

Jun 15, 2014
Sucks for Frankie, I really wanted him to turn into a staple in the line up this year, he was playing well before he got hurt.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I thought Ian MacIntyre said not too look too much into it, and he'll be back up soon? So we shouldn't sharpen the pitchforks yet.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Just awful, awful management he's going to the AHL while a career AHLer like Biega gets to stay up. Garbage.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
... Relax.

He'll be back.

Such an overreaction. He'll be back.

how do you people not understand that objectively awful small decisions are a billion times worse than "maybe bad" impactful decisions

**** like sending corrado down or wasting small picks on garbage bags (like nonis) is a billion times worse than all the ballards and booths in the world

the funny thing is that biega is actually a really good, possibly-better-than-corrado AHL player that the comets desperately need right now

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
how do you people not understand that objectively awful small decisions are a billion times worse than "maybe bad" impactful decisions

**** like sending corrado down or wasting small picks on garbage bags (like nonis) is a billion times worse than all the ballards and booths in the world

the funny thing is that biega is actually a really good, possibly-better-than-corrado AHL player that the comets desperately need right now

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad