Frank Corrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
No one really has the right to be amazed... Most all of Van watched Corrado play his way onto the Canucks game day roster in their last playoff appearance... burning an ELC year... He would have been on the team last season if not for wanting to give him more minutes... I'm glad he stayed away from torts though... But for coaches and management to not know he would give a solid bottom pairing effort with a big RH shot from the point, they must have their head up their *****

I can only guess that they thought it a better way to develop him into a top 4 guy by having him scratched then play him...

At this stage I am a fan of trying Hammer Corrado pair

Boom... Let's go Frankie

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Looking like Corrado is being sat for Monday's game, unless things change. Not happy.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Stupid decision. Sbisa is garbage, and we're playing him on his right side? Why not play an actual right side D?

One game with proper line-up choices would be nice.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Yeah, if they aren't gonna put Weber on the 1st PP, they might as well scratch him and play Corrado.

Based on last game, I would have scratched Stanton for Sbisa instead of Corrado.

I don't understand why he's being sat after playing well in every one of his games so far but I guess Willie favors veterans unless their name is Vey (nothing against Vey, I'm a fan).

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
how about we scratch no one because the current lineup features players that aren't clueless defensively

except maybe bieksa but he gets a pass i guess

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i think he was a bit disappointing last season but hes back to what i remember from two seasons ago/expected. good on him

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I know WD respects veterans and what not but management needs to realize we're not a deep team in terms of prospects on the blue line, and that Corrado is a much better fit not only for Willie's system right now, but also going forward.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I know WD respects veterans and what not but management needs to realize we're not a deep team in terms of prospects on the blue line, and that Corrado is a much better fit not only for Willie's system right now, but also going forward.

WD is playing Corrado more, and he even saw some PP time at the end of the game there. Bieksa could also be out for a bit, so that means more minutes for Corrado, particularly on the PP. Benning has said he wants to keep his prospects and draft picks.

I think Corrado is safe.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
If Bieska has to miss some games this could be a stretch for Frankie, to show he is an Nhler and maybe work his way up the depth chart

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Looked pretty alright to me this game. Deserves a chance to keep getting in games. Probably a better option or at least equal to Sbisa/Stanton/Weber.

And please, lets Sbieksa never happen again.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Toye3.jpg

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Corrado playing this good should keep him in the lineup.

I bet this means Sbisa will be gone for the trade deadline, try and get some value in the trade market for a player that shouldn't return next season.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Corrado playing this good should keep him in the lineup.

I bet this means Sbisa will be gone for the trade deadline, try and get some value in the trade market for a player that shouldn't return next season.

I would go a step further... just give Corrado all of Bieksas minutes and see if he still wants to stay after loosing his job to a kid... basically give him the Ballard treatment...

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i love juice, whether he's on his game or off it, and i'm totally sad he's out for a while and maybe the season. but honestly it's the best thing that could have happened to corrado this year. not just in terms of keeping him up with the big club, which i think would have happened anyway, but because it keeps corrado with hamhuis and that's the best partner corrado could expect to be groomed with.

with bieksa around, willie could always go back to a hamhuis-bieksa pairing. but this takes that crutch away from him.

thedean

Jan 20, 2015
This kid just keeps continuing to impress me. He's so poised and steady it's hard to believe he's only 21. His steady style reminds me so much of Tanev but his game is way more dynamic.

He pinches a lot particularly for a young guy but he knows how to pick his spots so well he never ends up out of position as a result, and has a cannon. He also does a pretty good job of throwing the body. If he was a few inches taller(not that he's small) he'd be the total package

I try not to get to high on prospects or young player but I think we have a real special player in Corrado, it may take several more years but I think he has real potential be a top pairing stud for this team.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
This kid just keeps continuing to impress me. He's so poised and steady it's hard to believe he's only 21. His steady style reminds me so much of Tanev but his game is way more dynamic.

He pinches a lot particularly for a young guy but he knows how to pick his spots so well he never ends up out of position as a result, and has a cannon. He also does a pretty good job of throwing the body. If he was a few inches taller(not that he's small) he'd be the total package

I try not to get to high on prospects or young player but I think we have a real special player in Corrado, it may take several more years but I think he has real potential be a top pairing stud for this team.

I think that's a reach. I don't think he has the poise that Tanev had when he first came in (and still has in spades). Frankie gets a bit jittery back there and makes some ill advised plays or gets angled into a tough situation in his own end. Tanev rarely if ever got in those situations and when he did he had poise to get out of them with a perfect pass.

I think Frankie will be a decent d-man but I personally don't see him having top pairing potential. If he makes strides and does, that's gravy. Either way, I'm a fan and it's nice to see him finally getting into some games.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
I think that's a reach. I don't think he has the poise that Tanev had when he first came in (and still has in spades). Frankie gets a bit jittery back there and makes some ill advised plays or gets angled into a tough situation in his own end. Tanev rarely if ever got in those situations and when he did he had poise to get out of them with a perfect pass.

I think Frankie will be a decent d-man but I personally don't see him having top pairing potential. If he makes strides and does, that's gravy. Either way, I'm a fan and it's nice to see him finally getting into some games.
Hell, if Corrado ends up a second pairing dman, the Canucks win easily.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver

Top 4, definitely. Top pair, not so sure. He's not really exceptional at anything other than skating, just good at everything.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Corrado's peak is a very, very good second pairing dman, IMO. It's perfect he has Hamhuis as a partner right now too, gives him some leash to strut his stuff more, ie: pinching in the play. He'll be a PP player soon enough too.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
We are retooling and we have the benefit of some more playing with the pieces on d.

I think we need to find room for Corrado in our top 6 in a healthy lineup, he is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad