Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Montour and Vatanens offensive numbers have been very similar the past season with one playing sheltered minutes and the other playing much more difficult minutes. I would say Vatanen has a significant defensive edge and is miles better on the PK.
And this season Montour is playing a bit more at ES than Vatanen and a bit less on the PK/PP and is still outproducing him. I never said Vatanen isn't better defensively, but he's not the same offensively as he was pre-shoulder injury and Montour has the edge there.

This defence when healthy needs a Montour far more then it needs a Vatanen.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
And this season Montour is playing a bit more at ES than Vatanen and a bit less on the PK/PP and is still outproducing him. I never said Vatanen isn't better defensively, but he's not the same offensively as he was pre-shoulder injury and Montour has the edge there.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I think at this point in time Vatanen is still by far the superior defenseman.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden

Montour has been good, one of our players who has stepped up when others are injured. Right now comparable to Vatanen. But Vatanen has been good for many seasons.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Dan Sexton is 5th in KHL scoring, after 30 games.

Edit: Jiri Sekac is 20th. Damn, is KHL that bad now?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
glad to see the pens are actually playing grant and not sitting him in the press box each game

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
There’s an article on the athletic by Lebrun about the Andersen trade back in 2016 and how we came really close to trading our 24th overall pick and Andersen to the Flames for the 6th but Treliving got cold feet as he couldn’t stomach losing that pick. Apparently we were interested in both Tkachuk and McAvoy.

I really like Sam Steel and Comtois should be good too but man imagine if we landed on of Tkachuk or McAvoy. That would have been huge. Damn Treliving pulling out of the deal.

Apparently the Stars not making it to the conference final which would have meant Calgary got their first that year killed another potential deal where we would have traded Freddie for the Stars first and other pieces.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs and Kalv

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Good to see Lubo, who was honored prior to the Kings game tonight as part of their Legends Night. Was in good spirits, looked like he kept himself in shape

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I can't believe his big season with us was eight years ago. That's so depressing. Almost a decade?

68 pts and nearly 20 goals. really enjoyed his time with the ducks

still remember his hat trick against dallas where he scored the OT winner like it was yesterday. also, its awesome that tom wilson was murdered by reaves on the same night the kings honored lubo

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Damn it, yeah 68 points in a season for us... he was good. That one year with Lydman they were spectacular

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Just wow
8473618.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad