Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I'm watching the game currently and while Palms and Vats are doing good and I'm loving it, I find way more joy in the fact that, yet again, the Oilers seem to be in for a mess of a season. It's the one constant in the life of a hockey fan.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I'm watching the game currently and while Palms and Vats are doing good and I'm loving it, I find way more joy in the fact that, yet again, the Oilers seem to be in for a mess of a season. It's the one constant in the life of a hockey fan.

I'm the same. I've always been a big fan of both so seeing them do so well for NJ is great. Watching Hall tho... mind boggling that the Oilers looked at him and thought "this is the guy we need to dump for a meh defenseman". Surely we could have offered them something better than Larsson for him... getting Hall would have been incredible *sigh*

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Palmieri scoring his 6th goal in 3 games. Ask NJD if we can borrow him for a few games?

That’s an impressive start, I wasn’t aware he was leading the league in goals per game. Probably because he doesn’t play for Toronto and we don’t see his name pasted all over the main boards and media just because he’s on a hot streak.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I was looking over some of the stats of our prospects, both current and former, and it looks like Nattinen's struggles followed him to Finland. He has one point, an assist, over nine games.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I would still take him over Montour and this years iteration of Manson.
Manson at the start of the season? Sure. But Manson has been better lately and is easily the superior defenceman over the course of their career. I'd take Vatanen of 2013-2016 over Montour, but Vatanen of 2016-present? I'd rather have Montour, brings far more offensively to the table then Vatanen even if Vatanen is better defensively right now.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Not sure what was wrong with manson at the beginning of the season but I’m going to speculate that he’s one of those guys that spent too much time lifting and not enough time skating in the offseason. He seems like that type. Nothing wrong with that, but he probably had to play himself into shape in the beginning

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Manson at the start of the season? Sure. But Manson has been better lately and is easily the superior defenceman over the course of their career. I'd take Vatanen of 2013-2016 over Montour, but Vatanen of 2016-present? I'd rather have Montour, brings far more offensively to the table then Vatanen even if Vatanen is better defensively right now.

Montour and Vatanens offensive numbers have been very similar the past season with one playing sheltered minutes and the other playing much more difficult minutes. I would say Vatanen has a significant defensive edge and is miles better on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->