Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This is a former Ducks thread. Why so much hate on Palms updates?

Should we go into Kings boards and whine how they talk about the Kings all the time? :laugh:

Anyways, Patty with 1+2 vs Sharks, played 17+ minutes and was +3. Now 9p in 11g.
crying-waterfalls.gif

More often than not he has played very well against top teams

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

Should we go into Kings boards and whine how they talk about the Kings all the time? :laugh:
Last time I checked no-one said people can't post Palmieri updates, they do get tiring to see after a while everytime he scores a goal though.

Feel free to go and do that if you think it's that amusing too.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
With the lack of goal scoring earlier in the season i kind of understand the Palm-watch although i`m not doing it myself anymore, i don`t see anything wrong in others doing it.
Smith Pelly (in NJ) and Maroon are also having decent runs in their new teams, it`s kind of sad to see although i do think it`s partly because they now play in worse teams with bigger ice time and offensive opportunities.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Good for Maroon, glad to see he's managing to salvage such a bad start to the season by putting up some decent numbers. Playing with McDavid certainly doesn't hurt.

I don't expect DSP's production will last. I think he'll be good for NJ but I think he's more likely to end up on the third line as opposed to the top 6 there.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Good for Maroon, glad to see he's managing to salvage such a bad start to the season by putting up some decent numbers. Playing with McDavid certainly doesn't hurt.

I don't expect DSP's production will last. I think he'll be good for NJ but I think he's more likely to end up on the third line as opposed to the top 6 there.

A Devils fan here, just curious about how DSP was in Anaheim. I know in Montreal he was basically a 4th line player who didn't really get a chance on a scoring line and also had poor CORSI numbers.

I know his scoring won't last at this pace but his CORSI numbers are surprisingly strong as well. What is a likely long term expectation based off of your guys history with him?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I was able to grab Palmieri off free agency in my pool fairly early in the year, so while his scoring surge is frustrating as a Ducks fan, Palms has been helping me out.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
A Devils fan here, just curious about how DSP was in Anaheim. I know in Montreal he was basically a 4th line player who didn't really get a chance on a scoring line and also had poor CORSI numbers.

I know his scoring won't last at this pace but his CORSI numbers are surprisingly strong as well. What is a likely long term expectation based off of your guys history with him?

I think he can be a middle 6 winger for you guys, regarding scoring - who knows, probably will settle down at something between his Montreal production and current one.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I don't think the updates on Palmieri are purely about lamenting the stupid trade, we haven't seen one of our (former) forward prospects put a season together like this since Bobby Ryan. It's fascinating.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay

I think realistically speaking he will be a 3rd liner. When he was younger, we moved him up and down the lineup a bit. I wouldn't say he was getting a ton of chances in the top 6, but he had them. He played with Getz/Perry at times but never got the offensive juices flowing. His rough, big bodied style needs to show up consistently while playing a good 2 way game. I could see him topping out as a 30+ point guy a season if he can nail down consistency. MTL was a bad fit, to say the least. Off ice distractions didn't help either.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Anyways, Patty with 1+2 vs Sharks, played 17+ minutes and was +3. Now 9p in 11g.
crying-waterfalls.gif

More often than not he has played very well against top teams

There's nothing wrong with discussing a player's success elsewhere and why it didn't happen here. And the first part of the year a lot of that occurred. But to just come here (as well as other threads) and post because he scored is pretty shallow and meaningless.

And to address Sauced Nation's weak effort...This thread isn't called "Post when an ex-Duck scores".

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
you guys do realize palmieri wouldn't be scoring like that if he was still a duck right?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
You do realize that is an opinion and not a fact that can possibly be proven in any way?

what makes you think he'd have 30 goals playing on this current team?

you really think he'd be outperforming perry and getzlaf? he's been the devils go-to guy this season. something that wouldn't have happened if he had stayed with the ducks

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Palmieri:

POINTS/60
5-on-5
2014-15: 1.51
2015-16: 1.58

5-on-4
2014-15: 5.58
2015-16: 5.81​

GOALS/60
5-on-5
2014-15: 0.71
2015-16: 0.85

5-on-4
2014-15: 1.86
2015-16: 2.90​

Conclusion: It's mostly increased ice-time.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Maroon has been great for the Oilers. 9 points in 11 games

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Palmieri wouldn't have gotten top line RW time at ES or on the PP, so it's a pretty safe assumption.

The way the lines ended up being spread out, Palmieri very well could have ended up on RW next to our 1C. But I'm not trying to argue what he would or wouldn't have done. I was trying to say it's pointless because we'll never know for sure.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The way the lines ended up being spread out, Palmieri very well could have ended up on RW next to our 1C. But I'm not trying to argue what he would or wouldn't have done. I was trying to say it's pointless because we'll never know for sure.

The only reasons those lines get split is because of Perron. Not sure if we end up with Perron if we kept Palms.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The only reasons those lines get split is because of Perron. Not sure if we end up with Perron if we kept Palms.

To be fair, they started the year split up. He likely would have been on Getzlaf's wing.

I'm personally of the opinion that Palmieri has three things going for him this year that probably never happened in Anaheim. He's getting legit first line RW ice time (never gonna happen with Perry), his pride was injured by the trade and so he wants to show that a mistake was made (way too much floaty perimeter play mixed with his effective play here), and eastern conference hockey (see - Hagelin, Carl).

Also, he's stayed healthy.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't mind it when people update us on what Palmieri's doing. He is former Duck who's having a great year, and I like to see our former draft picks pan out. Looks like it was a mistake to trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad