Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Saw Stephens mention Boll had retired and was now part of Columbus' coaching team, I dug up an article about his decision to retire from the Athletic. It was a nice read and for anyone interested: One of the NHL's toughest, busiest fighters, Jared Boll, is...

Sounds like he was very well liked guy and Hitch was quite high on him when he entered the league. Fun fact that his first game was against the Ducks where he also ended his career. Some nice fighting stories in that article too as well as his parents relieved reaction to his decision to retire. While initially I was surprised to learn he had retired since he was still pretty young, it only took a split second to realize why. There's really no place for him in the league anymore. He played the past few years with a bad back, which likely made him even less needed in today's NHL. He didn't really seem to do much enforcing anymore with the Ducks. His back was operated during the summer. Good on him to hang them up before he made it any worse for him.

While I was definitely not a fan of his during his time with the Ducks, gotta wish good retirement from active playing for him and enjoy life with his wife and newborn and good luck with coaching. Seems like a really nice guy and well respected by his peers.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Saw Stephens mention Boll had retired and was now part of Columbus' coaching team, I dug up an article about his decision to retire from the Athletic. It was a nice read and for anyone interested: One of the NHL's toughest, busiest fighters, Jared Boll, is...

Sounds like he was very well liked guy and Hitch was quite high on him when he entered the league. Fun fact that his first game was against the Ducks where he also ended his career. Some nice fighting stories in that article too as well as his parents relieved reaction to his decision to retire. While initially I was surprised to learn he had retired since he was still pretty young, it only took a split second to realize why. There's really no place for him in the league anymore. He played the past few years with a bad back, which likely made him even less needed in today's NHL. He didn't really seem to do much enforcing anymore with the Ducks. His back was operated during the summer. Good on him to hang them up before he made it any worse for him.

While I was definitely not a fan of his during his time with the Ducks, gotta wish good retirement from active playing for him and enjoy life with his wife and newborn and good luck with coaching. Seems like a really nice guy and well respected by his peers.

Basicly he was the 'Real Life' Doug Glatt.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I wonder what he's referring to with the help and support... Was he part in team practices? Or someone opened doors for him to get in the team. Anyhow, good luck!

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I wonder what he's referring to with the help and support... Was he part in team practices? Or someone opened doors for him to get in the team. Anyhow, good luck!

So is there a Champions league now like the PGA Tour? 10 minute periods and 25 minute intermissions for recovery, 40 man rosters.

John

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Well Marcus Pettersson just (very reluctantly) got into a fight with Mackenzie Weegar. Weegar got a couple cheap shots in before Pettersson was ready to throw. It looked like Pettersson got in a hit or two, but Weegar definitely got the jump on him and threw more punches.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well Marcus Pettersson just (very reluctantly) got into a fight with Mackenzie Weegar. Weegar got a couple cheap shots in before Pettersson was ready to throw. It looked like Pettersson got in a hit or two, but Weegar definitely got the jump on him and threw more punches.

Pettersson has been unbelievable for the Pens. Don’t know if that is a reflection of him or how bad our D is.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Pettersson has been unbelievable for the Pens. Don’t know if that is a reflection of him or how bad our D is.
The system.
All of our Dmen would look better away from Carlye, the Boudreau teams looked faster due to better positioning when moving forward & just seemed like everything was in sync & the players were confident with his system.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I've watched a good amount of Pens games since the trade and Pettersson looks way more sure of himself. You could start to see it happening when he was here, but he has definitely taken another step since joining Pittsburgh.

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
Anaheim Ducks legend Brandon Pirri keeps lighting it up for Vegas. 10 goals in 10 games dating back to last season. Last I checked he was the top scorer in the AHL, but that was before his latest stretch with the Knights.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I've watched a good amount of Pens games since the trade and Pettersson looks way more sure of himself. You could start to see it happening when he was here, but he has definitely taken another step since joining Pittsburgh.

Of course he does. He’s away from Caryle and the archaic defensive scheme the Ducks employ.

Everyone will look better once ol Randy is canned.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It’s worth noting Pettersson is also on a 4 game assist streak. Must be nice passing the puck to forwards who can actually score.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i remember whitney and carlyle getting into a shouting match during a game once

whitney was on the oilers so it had to be from 09-10

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Bobby Ryan is having a decent season 0.63 Points per game rate, his highest since the 0.69 he had in each of his first 3 seasons in Ottawa.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ryan when healthy is still a good 2nd liner but his biggest issue has been breaking fingers which hurts his shooting and puck handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->