Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I’m not actually that surprised to see Perry doing well now that he’s healthy. He always had good vision and was creative. And his hands seem to be just as good as they were a few years ago.
:) Kind of cool how the Ducks have replaced the ginger pest role that Perry held for long with Max Jones who is also a ginger and also likes to go the net and irritate goalies :)
corey-perry-2017-4312.jpg
https%3A%2F%2Fpucksofafeather.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F04%2F584034722-2016-nhl-draft-portraits.jpg-850x560.jpg

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I wish we could've sent him to Vegas instead of Theodore. I bet this board would've been on fire had that happened.
he likely would've had success playing in that system as well. probably not on the level theodore has but definitely more than he would've had in anaheim

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
So I don't watch Buffalo normally, but thought I would try a game. So they are worst in NHL, but at least in this game they play very entertaining hockey.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
So I don't watch Buffalo normally, but thought I would try a game. So they are worst in NHL, but at least in this game they play very entertaining hockey.
Watch a Columbus game.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
And Perry still remains more productive than the players he was going to be blocking if we didn’t buy him out.

Who would have thought?
Well specifically he was blocking Terry who has shown major growth this year and is only 2 pts behind Perry. Glad to see Perry is having a decent year though. Still not an 8.6 mill year though.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Would Perry be playing this hard for a rebuilding team ? I think not, he will play hard for another CUP, he clearly didn't like playing for the rebuild that the Ducks were starting before he was bought out.
Ducks did Perry a favor by buying him out, he could go to a team on a cheap salary and chase another cup.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Well specifically he was blocking Terry who has shown major growth this year and is only 2 pts behind Perry. Glad to see Perry is having a decent year though. Still not an 8.6 mill year though.

Terry, Sprong and Kase. No he isn’t close to an $8.6M player but we are paying him $6.5M to not play. We should have just rode the contract out, Perry like Getzlaf should be a lifer here.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Would Perry be playing this hard for a rebuilding team ? I think not, he will play hard for another CUP, he clearly didn't like playing for the rebuild that the Ducks were starting before he was bought out.
Ducks did Perry a favor by buying him out, he could go to a team on a cheap salary and chase another cup.
I think there is some truth to this. I don’t think Perry was done but I also think he is a player who gets energized by certain situations.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think there is some truth to this. I don’t think Perry was done but I also think he is a player who gets energized by certain situations.
He seems like he lives for the intensity in big games that matter, his last year here there was nothing worth getting intense about Ducks playing against the Kings in the battle for last place where winner moves down a spot in the draft.

I miss those regular season vs Detroit games where he'd have his typical 3 point games against them as well as enraging the mainboards. I miss that old Detroit arena :( it was a classic like old Yankee stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad