Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Saw the play and had no idea it was something bad. Man, so sad to see.

I'm a bit affraid that Z as well tends to play with his upper body low a lot. He plays differently though.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You guys were right about Kase.

Love the player when healthy, brings a lot of energy. But at this point it just takes a stiff breeze to give him a concussion and put him out for 3 weeks.

On the other hand, Nick Ritchie has been bringing it the first two nights. He's playing like he's read all the criticism of him and is trying to prove them wrong. We'll see how long that effort lasts though.

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Love the player when healthy, brings a lot of energy. But at this point it just takes a stiff breeze to give him a concussion and put him out for 3 weeks.

On the other hand, Nick Ritchie has been bringing it the first two nights. He's playing like he's read all the criticism of him and is trying to prove them wrong. We'll see how long that effort lasts though.
Ritchie has started that way the last two years, it's the inconsistency that has to change.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ritchie has started that way the last two years, it's the inconsistency that has to change.
He needs to keep his confidence up. I think trying to be a better overall player would help him. Needs to skate more, be more engaged

Reactions: McGarnagle

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
Seeing Bobby Ryan in a Red Wings jersey wearing his old rookie number just feels.. wrong. Glad he got a goal tonight to get going, though, and hopefully he'll be able to play a few more productive years and finish his career in style. I always had a soft spot for him.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Seeing Bobby Ryan in a Red Wings jersey wearing his old rookie number just feels.. wrong. Glad he got a goal tonight to get going, though, and hopefully he'll be able to play a few more productive years and finish his career in style. I always had a soft spot for him.
It’s crazy to think that it’s a question if he makes it to 300 goals. There was a time when everyone thought 400 goals was in his future

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
It sucks how Ryan's career has gone. Hopefully he gets a deal to a better team next year. He was frustrating player to watch sometimes, but I guess a lot of that had to do with what he has been struggling with through his life.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018

Ritchie is low IQ...it will show up sooner or later. You can't really improve low IQ

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Nice to see him doing well. Hopefully he has a nice season and gets a deal to a real contender and actually has a chance to play for a Cup. Ryan deserves it.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Ritchies issues are skating, conditioning and discipline. His IQ, especially with the puck is above average.
Are you sure we are talking about the same ritchie? The ritchie I know played last year with the ducks and makes bone head plays, play after play.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Are you sure we are talking about the same ritchie? The ritchie I know played last year with the ducks and makes bone head plays, play after play.

You obviously watch different games. Say whatever you want about his conditioning and weight but his IQ, especially in offensive zone is very good.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

yeah bailing on Kase when we did was the right call (though I still think we should have got more for taking Backes).

I hope Ritchie works out. Be warned though; he’s started off hot a few times than just falls back into that inconsistent, bad penalty driven player. Rooting for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad