Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
i can see perry playing another season or two. especially if he stays in tampa

still blows my mind how he's going to outlast getzlaf. who would have thought?
Perry is playing for a contender. He's made it to the last two cup finals and playing with the previous two cup winners. He undoubtedly is chasing another one while he has a younger family.

But yes, given how he fell off his game towards the end of his time here, most thought his career would have been over already.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Perry absolutely loves hockey like no one else also, he will play until nobody wants him. I think he’s even been quoted saying that.

Not to mention he played a bit more of a soft game than Getzy, who rarely didn’t finish checks and blocked a ton of shots.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
FWIW, Perry is still signed through next year with Tampa. I would take that to mean he intends on playing. His game hasn't fallen off a cliff and you know his heart is still in it.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Not to mention he played a bit more of a soft game than Getzy, who rarely didn’t finish checks and blocked a ton of shots.
I don’t know about that. Perry has taken a tremendous amount of physical abuse in his career. He also has 49 NHL fights to Getzlaf’s 37.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don’t know about that. Perry has taken a tremendous amount of physical abuse in his career. He also has 49 NHL fights to Getzlaf’s 37.

He’s taken a lot in front of the net but Getzlaf throws a lot more hits which takes it out of you a lot and takes a lot of toll on your body. Perry isn’t nearly as much of a hitter. I think the fight difference is negligible and Getzlaf would generally take on slightly better fighters.

Edit: 1825 hits to 1066 hits. That’s a considerable difference.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Roman Josi ties Paul Kariya for Nashville's single season points record getting a assist on that goal.

Edit:

With that goal Roman Josi sets Predators record for most points in a season.

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Montour with a assist on both those goals giving him his 2nd 30 point season. 2 more points and he ties his single season career high in points with 32.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Rakell with a 3 point game today giving him 8 points in 11 games with the Penguins

Perry with his 17th goal of the season ending 16 game goal scoring drought

Rakell with 3 assists, including the the game winner set up in OT to Crosby. That was just a great IQ play by Rakell to fake the shot attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad