Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Was wondering when Kossila would return home as it seemed like the doors to NHL would remain shut for him. I would expect him to do well in KHL.

It's crazy to think that the last time he played in Finland was almost a decade ago, when he was still in the U20 league.

Welcome home, Kalle.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Inspired by the recent coaching changes, I went peeking around in our staff directory and saw Francois Beauchemin listed as 'member of 'Player Development Staff'.

I had no idea that this happened at some point. Nice to see Frankie sticking around.

I don't think it's a full-time deal. From what I recall, it's similar to Marchant's role but for defensemen.

To the point of this thread, he never should have been a former Duck and I'm still bitter af that Murray let him walk TWICE.

hockey webcomics

May 6, 2017
Whats-App-Image-2021-06-19-at-06-07-34.jpg

Reactions: windycity

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
JT Brown, who had a short visit with the Ducks in 17-18, announces his retirement at age 30.

He didn't have to wait long to figure out his next step though, as he becomes Kraken's new color guy, flanking John Forslund in their broadcasts.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't think this has been posted here. Former Anaheim Ducks pick Andrew O'Brian will play in Finland next season. He'll play in JYP, which was the team that Vatanen played for. O'Brien had a contract with an SHL team for the upcoming year, but it was retracked 'cos he was suspected of drunk driving. Hopefully he learnt from his mistake and do better in the next season.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Perry has been an absolute saint in this series against VGK. The pass to Caufield was spectacular and his play in the 1st period in game 4 was vintage.

I normally don't really cheer for any Canadian teams, but watching Caufield and Perry has really changed that for me.

Reactions: Paul4587

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I saw Perry's stitches last night in the habs game and it's wild how that didn't even get a regular penalty.

It's NHL refereeing. Remember when Andrew Cogliano got high sticked during a face off in a game against Chicago, and he got a couple of teeth knocked out? There was no penalty even with the officials picking up his teeth off the ice. Chicago's excuse was that their player was trying to lift Cogliano's shot. The problem was that both players were left-handed shots so their sticks were facing the same way outside of the face off circle. Or remember when Teemu was called for a double minor against New Jersey when it was another Devils player who high sticked his teammates? The Ducks had a one-goal lead before the penalties and the Devils scored twice on the power play and won the game. Calls like that never go the Ducks way. Maybe the referees still think Perry plays for the Ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad