Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Letting Maroon go was a great choice, honestly.

Just because he didn't get along with the coach/GM doesn't mean he was a bad teammate or player. It wouldn't surprise me if he continues to win more Cups as he would be highly sought after by contenders. The problem wasn't only on him even though people say he had poor work ethic.... its about leadership and getting the most out of players and we are lacking leadership.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Wild Bill wasn't a mistake. He wasn't even something special in Columbus.

It's called player development... Not everyone is old school and internalize everything. When players voice frustrations getting demoted or not getting playing time, or go to arbitration for more money, you don't immediately place them on the trading block like BM has done.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Just because he didn't get along with the coach/GM doesn't mean he was a bad teammate or player. It wouldn't surprise me if he continues to win more Cups as he would be highly sought after by contenders. The problem wasn't only on him even though people say he had poor work ethic.... its about leadership and getting the most out of players and we are lacking leadership.

I feel like you're forgetting about his final season where he was just outright bad. his best season he was attached to McDavid's hip and he never came close to that since. His playoffs the season before was nice, but dude fell off a cliff. He played himself out of a job in Anaheim, but found himself on the fortunate side of history being a back to back champ.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Trading Karlsson wasn't a mistake for a team trying to win a Cup. Trading him for a guy you basically got nothing out of was terrible.
this. i'm not going to call the karlsson trade a bad move because of the player he became. there's no predicting that sometimes and not even columbus could've seen that coming with the way he played there in two seasons. the karlsson trade was bad because wisniewski spent the entire playoffs in the press box

letting palmieri and theodore go were the only bad moves of the remaining former ducks. maroon had basically given up after being demoted and the only reason he found success in edmonton was because of mcdavid. i have no issue with that move. and perry needed a change of scenery, as we've seen the last two seasons. there was no reason for the ducks to keep him

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Karlsson was the least bad of the big three which I consider Karlsson, Theo and Palmieri. They are similar in that the Ducks turned them into nothing, but at least with Karlsson it was in an attempt to improve a cup contender. It still wasn’t great player evaluation.

with the other two it was either pure frustration on Murray’s part (Palms) or Murray handcuffing himself/poor player evaluation if you consider his comments from a few weeks ago (Theo)

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Trading Karlsson wasn't a mistake for a team trying to win a Cup. Trading him for a guy you basically got nothing out of was terrible.

Bob traded for an explizit wish of Bruce.

Wild Bill was in a solid not great season in the AHL. Wiz a proven NHL defenseman, physical, right hand shot. Every contender would do that kind of trade. Wild Bill wasn't so good in Columbus neither and during that time, there wasn't much complain about the trade.

The true reason behind Palms would be interesting.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Bob traded for an explizit wish of Bruce.

Wild Bill was in a solid not great season in the AHL. Wiz a proven NHL defenseman, physical, right hand shot. Every contender would do that kind of trade. Wild Bill wasn't so good in Columbus neither and during that time, there wasn't much complain about the trade.

The true reason behind Palms would be interesting.
yeah, the karlsson for wisniewski trade was a good trade on paper and a typical one for a cup contender

it wasn't a good trade in reality because wisniewski played like 10 games for the ducks in the regular season and BB had him in the press box for the entirety of the postseason for some reason

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
yeah, the karlsson for wisniewski trade was a good trade on paper and a typical one for a cup contender

it wasn't a good trade in reality because wisniewski played like 10 games for the ducks in the regular season and BB had him in the press box for the entirety of the postseason for some reason

I also never understood that. Why trade for him then bench him in favor of Stoner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad