Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Imagine still having Perry and Palmieri. Granted Perry's cap hit was a problem, but so was his buyout. Not like we were challenging for the playoffs anyways.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Why was it time exactly? Not like we needed the cap space or even the extra roster spot. If it was time for him then, then why not just buy out Getz too?

He didn't serve a positive function for the team moving forward. I don't think I have to explain why Getzlaf wasn't bought out.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
He didn't serve a positive function for the team moving forward. I don't think I have to explain why Getzlaf wasn't bought out.
Why exactly didn't he serve a positive function for the team? it's not like the players tasked to replace him at the time did any better, hell they probably shouldn't have even been in the league at that time. instead we bought out a long term player, added on dead cap for 2 years longer than needed, gave up the chance to trade him to a contender for any kind of asset, and gave up the chance for him to reach the 1000 game milestone for one team (but did everything possible to give that to Kesler). it's crazy that people will defend this move but will go after Bob for everything else he's done lol.

it was another dumb, unnecessary move from Murray.

Ducks5

Jan 31, 2021
Perry reaches conference final for sixth time in career. Congrats Corey!!

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Didn’t Perry say something like getting bought out was a big wake up call for him? And at the time Bob had made some veiled comments about guys not preparing for their seasons the right way, and I don’t think anyone thought those comments weren’t about Perry.

I know I remember personally that it pissed me off, because Perry’s comments implied that he was going to then start taking his offseason conditioning more seriously, and I wondered why he didn’t consider that before getting forced out.

Having said that, he’s one of my all time favorite players and am having a lot of fun watching him this season.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Didn’t Perry say something like getting bought out was a big wake up call for him? And at the time Bob had made some veiled comments about guys not preparing for their seasons the right way, and I don’t think anyone thought those comments weren’t about Perry.

I know I remember personally that it pissed me off, because Perry’s comments implied that he was going to then start taking his offseason conditioning more seriously, and I wondered why he didn’t consider that before getting forced out.

Having said that, he’s one of my all time favorite players and am having a lot of fun watching him this season.
Yes, there were some offseason training comments made by perry that weren't great.

Reactions: ADHB
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

There's also just about no way he would've accepted being a role player here the way he did in Dallas and now Montreal. Not an indictment on him, Teemu didn't either, just usually how it's gonna go with a franchise legend in decline.

It was for the best, I'm just happy for him now and can't wait until his jersey goes up.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I’m just happy perrs gets this chance to compete deep in the playoffs and really build on his legacy these last two years.

Reactions: Kalv

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
perry's time with the ducks ended at the right time. it was clear both sides needed to move on and the change of scenery has done him well

he'd be rotting away on the 4th line if he was still a duck. no way he'd be playing like he has lately

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Why was it time exactly? Not like we needed the cap space or even the extra roster spot. If it was time for him then, then why not just buy out Getz too?

IIRC it was because the top-9 on the right side was getting crowded with Silf, Kase, and Terry.

Reactions: Kalv

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
he'd be rotting away on the 4th line if he was still a duck. no way he'd be playing like he has lately
To be honest both Habs and Perry sucked a long time before the play-offs, they almost didn't make it. I think he hadn't scored in like 25 games or so before the play-offs. The comeback against the Leafs created a momentum swing which made the whole team into a tour-de-force against Jets. But then again many thought the Jets were good after sweeping Oilers, maybe that wasn't such a great feat. I think Habs will have problems in the next series against Vegas or Colorado.

Reactions: ReptilianQuack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad