Status
Not open for further replies.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
E4umSjLWUAIrSOJ

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Corey Perry has become an absolute fan favourite here in Montreal so I’d like to ask you folks:

What was Perry like in his prime?
Greatest power forward ever on this franchise and here is his MVP Hart trophy Richard rocket season highlights from 2010-11

He got under the skin of opposing teams goalies and skaters, his accidental crashing into goalies was cool, stealing sticks from opposing players a few times, pouring Gatorade into opposing players glove. Clutch OT goals and magical skill at deflecting pucks into the net.

He could even score goals from the perimeter like his slap shot goal against the Kings in OT, he had a breakaway but due to his speed fires a slap shot that beats Quick.

His fights, a gordie how hat trick or two.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Corey Perry has become an absolute fan favourite here in Montreal so I’d like to ask you folks:

Awesome. Great hands, really good instincts around the net which you guys have witnessed and was really slippery at evading defenders on the rush even though at his best he was still only an average skater. Never had a hard shot but he didn’t need to as he got to the right places in order to score goals. At his absolute peak he was good defensively and killed penalties.

He definitely benefitted from having one of the best playmakers in the game feeding him the puck but even without Getzlaf he’s easily a first line talent at his best.

Reactions: Doothpick and SB164

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Slippery, especially behind the net and below the goal line, with great puckhandling ability. One of those players who just seems to have the puck on a string.

Reactions: Paul4587 and SB164

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

still making life hell for goalies like he is now. he just used to skate a little better (and a bit faster) and toe drag more often. he's always been slow but even now, he's still got those great, quick hands

he led the league in goals in his hart trophy season of 10-11 and went on this ridiculous hot streak to end the season. here's a hat trick he scored in one of those games

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

I just wanna thank all of you who replied back.

I loved reading all of the responses and watching the videos. Please keep replying.

We love Perry so much here in Montreal, he’s been so important for our younger players: an absolute leader on the team.

It just feels special watching a future Hall of Famer, even if he’s past his prime.

Also Perry tshirts and jerseys are practically sold out at the Habs store (trust me, I’ve looked for them).

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
The NHL and Kelli Ewen settle a lawsuit, concerning former Duck Todd Ewen's tragic passing, and the trauma he suffered during 12 years of fighting in the NHL.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

On top of what others have already said, and I may be redundant at parts so I apologize. His nickname was worm, and some posters alluded to his slipperiness. He was elite at slinking by people, especially when carrying the puck, in order to get in to prime scoring opportunities. Away from the puck, he was always spinning off checks, crosschecks or what have you to get his stick available. You watch that MVP season and probably 35-40 of his 50 goals are within 10 feet, and he's typically getting crosschecked in the back during and/or after. Just a warrior and he really was an artist in that department. He also maybe invented the whole push the puck before taking a shot thing to change the angle. I'm sure he didn't invent it, but he still I think was the best I've ever seen at pushing the puck like 5 feet to change the angle before ripping a shot, forehand or backhand. Getzlaf did it a bunch too, it's like they're twins or something. He will likely always be my favorite Duck of all time.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Another thing that Perry did which I haven't seen much of from anyone else was he'd hold onto his stick his right arm which would allow him to use his left arm to fend off and push away defenders. he often made it work to his benefit as he cut in below the goal line and behind the net.

he was just so flexible in terms of what he could do in the offensive zone. a spontaneous and natural player. very innovative.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Another thing that Perry did which I haven't seen much of from anyone else was he'd hold onto his stick his right arm which would allow him to use his left arm to fend off and push away defenders. he often made it work to his benefit as he cut in below the goal line and behind the net.

he was just so flexible in terms of what he could do in the offensive zone. a spontaneous and natural player. very innovative.
"Octopus arms," Teemu said about him once. He can do impossible shit in tight quarters.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sergei Fedorov surprisingly becomes the new head coach of CSKA Moscow, without having any prior coaching experience at any level.

Previously he acted as GM of CSKA between 2012-2017, so in a way he's pulling a 'Bob Murray' here.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Bob Murray in the back seat with Tallon and in front is Burke lol
They need to make a hockey comedy series starring Burke, Murray, Boudreau, Torts and Carlyle.
Re-occuring things such as Murray throwing chairs and stools. Torts going Kramer from Seinfield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad