Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Was Kakko hurt, or actively bad or something? Because Howden played nearly 6 mins more than him, looking at the TOI (I missed the game due to family stuff)

Kakko was poor.

Howden was promoted into Strome's spot after Strome was benched for his second dumb penalty.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Can't show up for 1 period and expect to win.

Strome has chemistry with Panarin, but I think that's literally the only good thing about him.

He's undisciplined and is totally disinterested in playing defense, which is unacceptable for someone who averages almost 20 minutes a game. If this is something he is unwilling or unable to work on, then he should be traded this summer.
His "effort" today was puke-worthy. Looked terrible live. Just chilling out there... Playing with Panarin has this boy spoiled. And friends, Kakko really sucked. I am starting to worry about him. This is NOT Svech 2.0 as we all hoped for.

Last edited:
Reactions: OverTheCap

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Can we complain about Quinn's usage of Kakko again??

Where was he this whole game?

Would have greatly liked to see Gauthier on the pp as well... I don't know, mix it up....... Ok Howden was on the ice when they scored, but if Gauthier is going to play like a Kreider, let's get him into his position and see what he can do.....

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers got fair value IMO for Brady Skjei and I don't mind the deal per se but replacing Skjei with Brendan Smith is not a very good trade off even with Skjei's penchant for brain farts. Just saying--his absence is also notable.

It was nice the Rangers staged a comeback and they had some real opportunities to get a 4th goal and who knows if that had happened.

Not really a good game for us though. Missing Kreider for sure hurts and Shesterkin too. Zibanejad played really really well.

Congrats to DeAngelo on his 100th career point.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Reality since Shesterkin got in the car accident our GAA is 3.75 And a .889 sav%

we just aren’t good enough defensively to win with mediocre goaltending. This is after having some of the best numbers defensively in the league the last month.

a few realistic posts. Thanks

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Would have greatly liked to see Gauthier on the pp as well... I don't know, mix it up....... Ok Howden was on the ice when they scored, but if Gauthier is going to play like a Kreider, let's get him into his position and see what he can do.....

Kakko is borderline NHL ready. Season cannot end soon enough for him. He will be very good next year but hit his rookie wall hard this season.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

I'm not gonna complain when he benched Strome for the entire 3rd period in a big game, and fed his top players ice-time. Zibanejad was unreal today. On-ice 19 shot attempts 5 shot attempts against, 23:54 TOI, 2G 1A 6S, 15 individual shot attempts.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Was Kakko hurt, or actively bad or something? Because Howden played nearly 6 mins more than him, looking at the TOI (I missed the game due to family stuff)

I was at the game- Kakko stood out as bad in a game with plenty of “bad” to chose from. He avoids contact like crazy, appears disengaged and won’t battle for anything. Howden earned his ice time and with a team this thin, he probably was the best option for net front presence.

This game honestly looked a lot like the November/December games with virtually no grit, high risk passes all over, lack of defensive accountability and selfish plays.

Reactions: The Sweetness

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I was at the game- Kakko stood out as bad in a game with plenty of “bad” to chose from. He avoids contact like crazy, appears disengaged and won’t battle for anything. Howden earned his ice time and with a team this thin, he probably was the best option for net front presence.

This game honestly looked a lot like the November/December games with virtually no grit, high risk passes all over, lack of defensive accountability and selfish plays.
Just posted the same thing. Was at the game and Kakko looked shockingly bad. The game did look like any game earlier this year with Hank in the net, unfortunately. Either Shesterkin is a real magician or Hank's play demoralizes the team. And I don't think the truth is in the middle.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not gonna complain when he benched Strome for the entire 3rd period in a big game, and fed his top players ice-time. Zibanejad was unreal today. On-ice 19 shot attempts 5 shot attempts against, 23:54 TOI, 2G 1A 6S, 15 individual shot attempts.

Wish he were more accurate on at least that first PP, I think that was the turning point.

Reactions: klingsor

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
It's really hard for me to buy into us winning anything with Strome.

I don't know if it's possible, but Gorton has to get a productive center other than Strome.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Just posted the same thing. Was at the game and Kakko looked shockingly bad. The game did look like any game earlier this year with Hank in the net, unfortunately. Either Shesterkin is a real magician or Hank's play demoralizes the team. And I don't think the truth is in the middle.

Yeah Kappo looked either shot physically mentally or both. I mean he could not even catch passes out there and I’m not sure had an impactful shift in the entire game. I’m not concerned yet but, he’s got to take some serious skating lessons this summer because he’s not fast enough and his lack of physicality makes him a much worse example of Bread man right now. He’s young so he has time but he’s becoming invisible and only visible for the wrong reasons.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Kakko was poor.

Howden was promoted into Strome's spot after Strome was benched for his second dumb penalty.

Ok. So long as there was a decent reason (which, with Quinn, hasn't always been the case), I'm cool with it

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Ok i did not watch Rangers recently, so i have question. What happend to Chytil, why is he not producing? What went wrong? Is he out of gas? Is he on vacation? IDK

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Ok i did not watch Rangers recently, so i have question. What happend to Chytil, why is he not producing? What went wrong? Is he out of gas? Is he on vacation? IDK

His game has fallen off a bit but hes been really strong for most of the season.

I'd ignore the stat line though. For the most part hes been better than the numbers suggest.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
5-2 with Georgiev and 5-3 with Lundqvist. Results didnt differ. Both let 5 in. I dont concede that this team gets a point with Georgiev with how they looked in the first 40-minutes.

You also need to realize it was his first game in a month. Georgiev might have been marginally better against the Flyers last game, but didnt perform all too much better against them when having a consistent work load.

I'm not giving Henrik a pass. He definitely could have been better. Team should have came out and played tight defense in front of him to let him get settled in as well.

Flyers just have the Rangers number. 9-1 in the last 10 against us.

Reactions: egelband

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
You know what bothers me? Being quoted then seeing that the post was edited so I really haven’t a clue as to why. BUT I’m assuming it was my Jim Carrey comment? I’d be offended too, haha. Flyers fans I tell Ya...

Attachments

• 4091956D-335A-4436-857A-8FA8FF30E92E.jpeg
    4091956D-335A-4436-857A-8FA8FF30E92E.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: egelband and Ail
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3