Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Can't show up for 1 period and expect to win.

Strome has chemistry with Panarin, but I think that's literally the only good thing about him.

He's undisciplined and is totally disinterested in playing defense, which is unacceptable for someone who averages almost 20 minutes a game. If this is something he is unwilling or unable to work on, then he should be traded this summer.

Reactions: bl02

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
The way they go in makes a difference unfortunately.

Can't remember all the goals but Georgiev let in at least 2 goals due to terrible rebound control. Today Lundy overplays one goal, bad rebound on another, and deflections? on the other 3. He played somewhere between decent and below average imo. Team was horrible.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
but everyone on this board destroyed Skjei nightly for his play. Not like smith has been much worse. That’s not the difference. I’ll laugh if it’s now a we miss Skjei argument considering how this board treated him

Don't get me wrong I wasn't a Skjei fan and have no issues with the trade. And he's not 'the difference', but Smith is pretty damn terrible, and him going from part-time forward/healthy scratch to top-pair D is a difference

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ryan Strome really hurt the team today. I mean really hurt the team. He should not be in the top 6 or the powerplay next game. This shouldn’t just be about today. He should have to earn his way back into those spots

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
but everyone on this board destroyed Skjei nightly for his play. Not like smith has been much worse. That’s not the difference. I’ll laugh if it’s now a we miss Skjei argument considering how this board treated him

Skjei is not very good.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Hart doesn’t impress me. Is he this era’s Jim Carrey?
I don’t think so, but we better hope so. The Flyers have been looking for goaltending for my entire life. They always have a good team but never have a keeper. They’ll be contending for as long as Hart is playing at this level.

Reactions: Cmox

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Don't get me wrong I wasn't a Skjei fan and have no issues with the trade. And he's not 'the difference', but Smith is pretty damn terrible, and him going from part-time forward/healthy scratch to top-pair D is a difference

honestly those numbers aren’t too far off from where Georgiev and Hank have been most of the year. They were two of the worst for about a month before Shesterkin’s call up. His numbers are really the only outlier of the three

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Henrik was doing his over compensation stuff especially on that fourth goal. I’d say that plus the first goal were softies.

But it’s not like the team was flying - aside from Mika. Losing Kreider is a heart breaker cuz it really dumbs down the Mika line.

Strome was a liability and didn’t skate hard. Couple weak penalty calls - we got one or two in return.

Overall - Flyers just played better

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Actually a good game 5v5.

20192020-21011-5v5.png

Reactions: Ail

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Ryan Strome really hurt the team today. I mean really hurt the team. He should not be in the top 6 or the powerplay next game. This shouldn’t just be about today. He should have to earn his way back into those spots

If you’re going to put Buchnevich on the top PP, you need someone with net front presence with Kreider out. Strome deserved to be benched.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The other thing hank has been really bad on the penalty kill. That’s where he’s struggled more than anything. His lateral movement is just nowhere near where it used to be. They killed him on that. 3 powerplay goals

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
7 out of 8 goals were special teams.

All 5 of the Flyers' goals were special teams.

Not good

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Not a shocker. Philadelphia is a dangerous team, but if they lose Provorov or Couts, they are TOAST. I am not upset about this loss; frankly you can't overcome this sort of goaltending. A stop at a critical moment of the game makes all the difference. Everything is becoming crystal-clear with this team:

1. Shesterkin is special. Watching Hank today and Georgie yesterday solidified one thing: Shesty is not like the others.
2. Chris Kreider is critical to the team's success. He also needs to get a lot of credit for Buch's growth.
3. Buchnevich is becoming a man before our eyes. IMO he can be a lot more than what he is right now.
4. Strome is what he is. Lets not make any mistake about it.
5. The team has big d*ck energy now. Panarin signing changed everything.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hank gave up as many as Georgie did on Friday yet no ones ready throw Georgie in the dumpster. You people make me sick sometimes.

I'm not throwing Lundqvist under the bus but you seem to want to throw Alex under it. Georgiev also faced 40 shots the other night.

But anyway his cap hit and his age are working against Henrik. He's a good goalie still IMO but he's not elite and he's no longer worthy of his cap $'s. It happens with older players though.

He's a future HOF'er but he's not a great fit with our team anymore. Personally I'd rather he retire as a Ranger than play for another team.

Reactions: egelband

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
The other thing hank has been really bad on the penalty kill. That’s where he’s struggled more than anything. His lateral movement is just nowhere near where it used to be. They killed him on that. 3 powerplay goals
His knees/legs seems shot. Like when he gets up after a dead play. He looks legit struggling.

edit: he’s always been a stiff and sorta robotic goalie. That’s his style. But now I’m wondering if his stiff style has hampered him now?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Was Kakko hurt, or actively bad or something? Because Howden played nearly 6 mins more than him, looking at the TOI (I missed the game due to family stuff)

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
One thing about Shesterkin's injury - the outcome makes the decision that much easier for the management. There are no ifs and buts here. Hank either retires, is bought out, or goes elsewhere.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Just curious that obviously takes into account the third when the Flyers knew they had the game won right? any chance for period by period breakdown?
Score-adjusted 5v5 shot-attempt differential:
1st - 48.31%
2nd - 63.13%
3rd - 55.08%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad