Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
that trade should have already happened

It can happen this summer and playing another 18 games with Panarin can't hurt his value.

As long as he doesnt keep on having games like today.

Did this game feel kind of weird for anyone else? It's almost as if its the last game of any consequence that we'll see Hank play here and the horrid play of the rest of the Leadership! squad contributed significantly to this loss.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Quick thoughts from Flyers side. I promise i will play nice.
1)Schedule on your side was brutal and played a big part 3 in 4 and 4 in 5 3/4 days against rested team is a clear disadvantage.
2) You do not have a batman defender on defense. Trouba is Robin he isn't Batman. You have to decide to either see if the d comes from the farm or trade farm/young players for the stud d guy. You have enough offense and the bread man is definition of what 10.5m a year looks like.
3)Hank just looks medium well today.You have to buy out Stall or Hank end of year. And if you keep Georgiev (who looked good) then Hank is gone..
4) This team is young improving and scary. I don't know if its 20-21 or 21-22 but a tweak and Rangers are 105 point team.
Hopefully fair response and doesn't bring out haters.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
1. I dont rlly see what board complains about. Strome is not a 2c, we know this. Yet, thats the point of panarin, to elevate 2 3rd liners. I think hes a placeholder for the kids when theyre ready.
2. Its very clear we lack forward depth, expect our draft to have 2 forwards picked(should we do so). We need a 1st line winger (buch is good on second line, but also a placeholder imo) and a 1st pairing defenseman.
3. STAAL, AS DECENT (BY HIS STANDARDS) AS HE HAS BEEN LATELY, i dont want him on this team.
4. This is tied into reason 3. Its clear what type of team we are building- strong, big, and fast with skill. Yea that seems like everyone, but look at our lineup, we see less and less players being 6 feet or under.
5. Ive been looking at the bruins and why theyre so good(def not offensively) and its interesting the dtructure they have. They pin the opposing team to the boards should a zone entry occur. They also protect the slot
6. Rangers are tired and fatigue looks like its setting in for a young team. Expect a regression, but good news is shesty might be back before the season is over!(hopefully)

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
I must echo many of my fellow ranger fans..
That the worst game by a single player I may have ever witnessed
And I'm not talking about Hank
Sure he was god awful but Strome was horrendous
We really need a true 3C that plays well defensively and wins FOs
Move Chytil up and trade strome for a real Center

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
That smug Vigneault face ain’t so funny when you’re playing against his team.
ckownsvigno.png

Reactions: Mac n Gs

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
One lesson we can take from the Flyers is the need for more and better depth for the third and fourth lines. That even extends up to the second line. The Flyers have excellent depth and AV (as he usually did in NY) rolled four lines throughout the game. That’s a winning strategy.

I thought the Flyer forwards were excellent on their defensive assignments.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Quick thoughts from Flyers side. I promise i will play nice.
1)Schedule on your side was brutal and played a big part 3 in 4 and 4 in 5 3/4 days against rested team is a clear disadvantage.
2) You do not have a batman defender on defense. Trouba is Robin he isn't Batman. You have to decide to either see if the d comes from the farm or trade farm/young players for the stud d guy. You have enough offense and the bread man is definition of what 10.5m a year looks like.
3)Hank just looks medium well today.You have to buy out Stall or Hank end of year. And if you keep Georgiev (who looked good) then Hank is gone..
4) This team is young improving and scary. I don't know if its 20-21 or 21-22 but a tweak and Rangers are 105 point team.
Hopefully fair response and doesn't bring out haters.

Fair analysis hoss. No question Flyers had huge advantage on Friday and I had no doubt we'd lose that game. Today tho, frankly considering how well we've been playing the past month, it was a bit of suprise we came out so flat.

Our MO is to play soft first and second periods but we are the best team in the league in the 3rd. Today it bit us in the ass vs a good hockey team which you got in Philly as we fell too much behind the 8-ball to truly comeback tho we made it kind of interesting.

I'm a transplanted New Yorker who lives in Doylestown so I know all about what's going on with your team as a bunch of my buddies are Flyers fans. I wouldn't be surprised frankly if the Flyers won a round or two either and made it to the ECF. There is something magical that goes on with AV's hockey teams his first year on the job...look it up and you'll see what I mean.

Anyways, bottom line is I'm not even mad to be honest even with the disappointing sweep against us. Anything our team has done this year to this point and anything we do from this point is all "gravy".

Our team is about a year ahead of schedule in the rebuild and I'd say in another year or so once our kiddies grow up a bit more and we fix a few of the warts we have on the defensive end, we will be scary good and your Flyers and the rest of the Metro will begin to fear us alot more than you do now.

That said and I hate to admit it cause I think I hate the Flyers almost as much as I do the Islanders but I have a feeling our two teams will be the two teams dominating the Metro for the next 5-7 years as teams like the Pens and Caps begin to get older and their stars stop being such stars anymore as they age.

Last edited:

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
We got hit with the injury bug at the worst possible time. I want to make the playoffs but even if we don’t it’s good experience for the kids plus we have 2 firsts in a good draft so it’s a win win

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Did this game feel kind of weird for anyone else? It's almost as if its the last game of any consequence that we'll see Hank play here and the horrid play of the rest of the Leadership! squad contributed significantly to this loss.

I feel as if we played the team we thought or hoped we already are.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Interesting and relevant perspective. Much appreciated. That said, I don’t think the teams are an apples-to-apples comparison. Philly has been more a Re-Tool situation. (As far as I remember). As opposed to a tear-down. And the leadership situation is a bit different, too.

Also, sort of random (and not a poke @Rich Nixon). But in general, do we really need fans from other teams to declare they’re “coming in peace”. For the most part I think we enjoy other teams’ fans participating. The only exception being those who are trolling, and they’re obviously not coming in ‘peace’. I would just assume they’re being constructive and work from there. Just my two cents :)

From now on I shall come in aggression.

So...I come in aggression. LISTEN TO ME. Game looked dead even to me at ES. If we start Elliott that game goes to OT easily. DO YOU UNDERSTAND.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That's what happens when you play 4 games in two months. You're stone cold. Not even a goalie used to being a backup would've performed well in such circumstances.
Yep. It’s why it would’ve been nice if the team could’ve come out and play a smart, tight and efficient game. Let him get comfortable and try and minimize chances against as much as you can. Instead they came out and did the polar opposite of that in the first two periods. I still can’t get over the penalty 20 seconds into the game. Like come on, literally the worst thing possible.

Reactions: Maximus

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
From now on I shall come in aggression.

So...I come in aggression. LISTEN TO ME. Game looked dead even to me at ES. If we start Elliott that game goes to OT easily. DO YOU UNDERSTAND.
Carter Hart’s a good one. It’s nice having legit goalkeeping, isn’t it.
As many have pointed out, it’s not that the guy needs to do acrobatics and ‘steal’ games. Just make all the standard stops and a great stop on occasion, when the team needs it. Actually, a good goalie can let in a softie here and there, when leading 5-1. Team is cool with that. That’s how it was with prime Henrik; Maybe a softie to lose the shutout - but no one cared by that point when we were leading 3-0. I think Shesterkin gives us that feeling now. I imagine Hart gives Flyers fans that feeling.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We got hit with the injury bug at the worst possible time. I want to make the playoffs but even if we don’t it’s good experience for the kids plus we have 2 firsts in a good draft so it’s a win win
This is in the back of my mind, too. Falling short this year due to unforeseen circumstances wouldn’t be the worst thing. Stakes go up next season, but for the moment it’s all good, whatever happens.

edit: but no serious injuries, please and thank you.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yep. It’s why it would’ve been nice if the team could’ve come out and play a smart, tight and efficient game. Let him get comfortable and try and minimize chances against as much as you can. Instead they came out and did the polar opposite of that in the first two periods. I still can’t get over the penalty 20 seconds into the game. Like come on, literally the worst thing possible.
Yup, Hank's teammates must've known he needed to get warm to be able to get going, yet they did the opposite of helping him out. Just like old times.

Last edited:

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
The difference was goaltending. Hank let it a few softies; Hart made some excellent saves. And that uncalled Raffl crosscheck ...

Reactions: NCRanger

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Carter Hart’s a good one. It’s nice having legit goalkeeping, isn’t it.
As many have pointed out, it’s not that the guy needs to do acrobatics and ‘steal’ games. Just make all the standard stops and a great stop on occasion, when the team needs it. Actually, a good goalie can let in a softie here and there, when leading 5-1. Team is cool with that. That’s how it was with prime Henrik; Maybe a softie to lose the shutout - but no one cared by that point when we were leading 3-0. I think Shesterkin gives us that feeling now. I imagine Hart gives Flyers fans that feeling.

Prime Henrik sported something like a .940 against the Flyers, I think; he singlehandedly won so many games that I eventually ran the stats to see. That dude saw orange and went into beast mode. It went on for years.

Last year I was at a Caps/Rangers game in DC. My friend is a Rangers fan, and the two of us were watching warmups to the left of his net, standing against the glass. We were looking left. Hank was to our right, and he banged a puck off the glass right in between our heads and visibly gave us a jump. He looked damned pleased with himself too :laugh:.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Prime Henrik sported something like a .940 against the Flyers, I think; he singlehandedly won so many games that I eventually ran the stats to see. That dude saw orange and went into beast mode. It went on for years.

Last year I was at a Caps/Rangers game in DC. My friend is a Rangers fan, and the two of us were watching warmups to the left of his net, standing against the glass. We were looking left. Hank was to our right, and he banged a puck off the glass right in between our heads and visibly gave us a jump. He looked damned pleased with himself too :laugh:.
He was pleased because it was the first time the puck when where he wanted it to go. Playing the puck is not Henrik’s forte :)

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
Fair analysis hoss. No question Flyers had huge advantage on Friday and I had no doubt we'd lose that game. Today tho, frankly considering how well we've been playing the past month, it was a bit of suprise we came out so flat.

Our MO is to play soft first and second periods but we are the best team in the league in the 3rd. Today it bit us in the ass vs a good hockey team which you got in Philly as we fell too much behind the 8-ball to truly comeback tho we made it kind of interesting.

I'm a transplanted New Yorker who lives in Doylestown so I know all about what's going on with your team as a bunch of my buddies are Flyers fans. I wouldn't be surprised frankly if the Flyers won a round or two either and made it to the ECF. There is something magical that goes on with AV's hockey teams his first year on the job...look it up and you'll see what I mean.

Anyways, bottom line is I'm not even mad to be honest even with the disappointing sweep against us. Anything our team has done this year to this point and anything we do from this point is all "gravy".

Our team is about a year ahead of schedule in the rebuild and I'd say in another year or so once our kiddies grow up a bit more and we fix a few of the warts we have on the defensive end, we will be scary good and your Flyers and the rest of the Metro will begin to fear us alot more than you do now.

That said and I hate to admit it cause I think I hate the Flyers almost as much as I do the Islanders but I have a feeling our two teams will be the two teams dominating the Metro for the next 5-7 years as teams like the Pens and Caps begin to get older and their stars stop being such stars anymore as they age.
As do I....all I will say is, keep your head up

Reactions: Maximus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->