Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I cannot see Fast getting offers to come be a top 6 forward. And while Strome and Buchnevich may both be here next year, I think that the future only has one of them in the cards. Or even neither of them.

I would guess that based on what he is doing that Strome is brought back for 2-3 years. Which is fine, let Chytil develop. And if he shows that he is ready to claim the 2C spot, then they can always move Strome. And, and this is also pure gut, I think that Buchnevich will get moved as some point as a way to diversify the forward group.

I just have the feeling someone will throw a large money contract at Fast.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Keane for Gauthier probably falls into this category

I think so.

He's also in that category of guys they've looked at (probably still are looking at to an extent), from that 2015/2016 draft era who haven't quite made the jump, can get a look in a bottom six role, but who also have some growth potential.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
You had a bunch of goals yesterday being scored off of deflections and from in close. Our special teams sucked big time take away 2 PP goals when the game was over. Listen Hank's better days are past but to say he let in a few softies yesterday is not fair. The Flyers dominated the first 2 periods and were skating at will and setting up all over. The defense turns the puck over too much. If you look at the last 2 games it has been turn over city and I am not talking just about number 18. Trouba and ADA have been miserable as well. Everyone needs to pick it up a notch or 2.

My point exactly. Taking bad penalties, scrambling instead of playing composed, all combined with an older goalie with obvious rust is a recipe for disaster. Totally agree that Trouba especially has looked awful. I was really excited about him coming here. Not so much anymore. Regardless, I'm not screaming yet. They went backwards a bit. It happens. It's all part of learning how to play and win at this level. They're 20 times better than I thought they'd be this year anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad