Rumor: Flyers/Oilers about Yakupov

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
A trade around Couturier and Coburn for Yakupov would be interesting for me. However I don't think it happens without Giroux or Voracek going in addition. This team needs to build and grow from within, not make franchise changing trades every other year

ummm what?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
ummm what?

Giroux I don't think would have to be involved, but Voracek probably would. Yakupov was the #1 overall pick in last year's draft. Those guys don't get traded unless it is a ridiculous deal. Couturier and Coburn is a good package, but you better believe the Oilers would ask for more. I mean think about what you would want for Couturier, then add to it because that's what the Oilers will want for Yakupov if they are dealing him.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
A trade around Couturier and Coburn for Yakupov would be interesting for me. However I don't think it happens without Giroux or Voracek going in addition. This team needs to build and grow from within, not make franchise changing trades every other year

I can't believe I'm actually going to address this absolutely absurd post, but...

You just completely contradicted yourself within the span of 2 sentences.

You think the flyers are going to trade Couturier, Coburn, Giroux and Voracek for Nail Yakupov? Ok, because a #1 overall tag is a superstar guarantee. Nail Yakupov could just as easily be the next Nikolay Zherdev, not to mention that notion that Giroux alone would even be considered an option in a trade for Nail Yakupov is absolutely insane.

Also, Giroux and Couturier exemplify building from within... We drafted and developed both of them, but somehow you think that trading 90% of the core is an exception to not blowing it up every year and building and growing from within?

Wat.

RJ8812*

I can't believe I'm actually going to address this absolutely absurd post, but...

You just completely contradicted yourself within the span of 2 sentences.

You think the flyers are going to trade Couturier, Coburn, Giroux and Voracek for Nail Yakupov? Ok, because a #1 overall tag is a superstar guarantee. Nail Yakupov could just as easily be the next Nikolay Zherdev, not to mention that notion that Giroux alone would even be considered an option in a trade for Nail Yakupov is absolutely insane.

Also, Giroux and Couturier exemplify building from within... We drafted and developed both of them, but somehow you think that trading 90% of the core is an exception to not blowing it up every year and building and growing from within?

Wat.

he clearly said Voracek OR Giroux

RJ8812*

To be fair, as soon as you suggest that Giroux would be one of three assets moving for Yakupov, you've already gone beyond the pale.

I'm not disagreeing, but this shouldn't be a surprise to you

Most Flyers fans are the biggest "what have you done for me lately?" fans in the NHL

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
To be fair, as soon as you suggest that Giroux would be one of three assets moving for Yakupov, you've already gone beyond the pale.

I kind of took the post to say Coburn+ Couts for Yakupov would be nice, but most likely the trade would have to built around one of Voracek or Giroux not Couts/Coburn. Not Coburn+Couts+Voracek/Giroux for Yakupov.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Was hoping there would be at minimum a minor trade to shake the team up a hit ?

I think this week off will help tho, but you know The King is gonna get his groove back on Thursday :(

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I kind of took the post to say Coburn+ Couts for Yakupov would be nice, but most likely the trade would have to built around one of Voracek or Giroux not Couts/Coburn. Not Coburn+Couts+Voracek/Giroux for Yakupov.

What? If the trade involves Giroux the Oilers better be adding to Yak, like Yak+++

I rather have a package centered around RNH or Eberle, instead of Yak if that were to happen.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
What? If the trade involves Giroux the Oilers better be adding to Yak, like Yak+++

Oh I agree. I was just interpreting the post differently than others. TBH, I'm not even sure if I'm comfortable doing a trade built around Couturier for Yakupov.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Oh I agree. I was just interpreting the post differently than others. TBH, I'm not even sure if I'm comfortable doing a trade built around Couturier for Yakupov.

I'm not comfortable with it, I think trading Couturier+ for Yak is just going to open more holes in this team than it fixes. The only ones I consider trading for Yak are Hartnell, Simmonds and Read out of our forwards. Maybeee Voracek in a one-to-one swap. Probably do one of those first 3, plus Coburn or Grossmann and a pick. That's about as much as I'm willing to trade.

People here are acting like first overall is a guaranteed superstar. A PACKAGE involving Giroux? C'mon people, Giroux isn't moving unless its a return of a package like Yak + Eberle.

This guy's still a prospect and could just as easily turn into Zherdev or run to Russia as become the next Ovechkin. Especially with these public statements about not wanting to change his game. You're kidding yourself if you think publicly stating that you don't want to play without the puck doesn't diminish Yak's value. I still can't believe a professional athlete can say something like that straight-faced.

Honestly, Yak's goal scoring and natural talent are worth drooling over, but pass on another Russian enigma who's more concerned with himself than the team.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
anyone hoping for a major trade this week will be very disappointed

Yep agreed. I can already see their thinking. They are hoping that when Vinny and Hartnell come back they will help get the team winning...even if it's not McGinn and Raffl's fault that the team is losing.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
This guy's still a prospect and could just as easily turn into Zherdev or run to Russia as become the next Ovechkin. Especially with these public statements about not wanting to change his game. You're kidding yourself if you think publicly stating that you don't want to play without the puck doesn't diminish Yak's value. I still can't believe a professional athlete can say something like that straight-faced.

Honestly, Yak's goal scoring and natural talent are worth drooling over, but pass on another Russian enigma who's more concerned with himself than the team.

Agreed, if those quotes are in proper context, he could be a head case - and certainly not worth blowing up a team to acquire. Too risky.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
Probably kicking tires and seeing what rate is going for certain people. I suspect something happening next week or so.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yep agreed. I can already see their thinking. They are hoping that when Vinny and Hartnell come back they will help get the team winning...even if it's not McGinn and Raffl's fault that the team is losing.

Well that and this team has a week off. a week off of practicing what Berube wants out of his team. I would say that the week off and the return of Vinny this week then Hartnell soon down the line hopefully.
I would give it another few weeks or maybe even around Thanksgiving. if things are not better by then, then all bets are off on what happens.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was pissed at having a week off so early, wondering what good that could possibly do at this point. As it turns out, it's a mini-training camp.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I hope I'm very disappointed.....the way Holmgren LOSES trades :shakehead

How does he lose trades? We traded Bob (because of Bryz at the time) but that got us Stolarz and essentially got us Mason, who has been great. Got Grossmann and Mez for not that much. Richards + Carter = Couts, Voracek, Cousins, Simmonds and Schenn. Schenn for JVR has been fine for me, since Luke has been good. Pronger was exactly what we needed and you can't blame a freak accident on Homer. So what are you talking about?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad