Rumor: Flyers/Oilers about Yakupov

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My dog tells me that we aren't trading Luke without also trading Brayden--and that rumor is pretty clearly absurd. :laugh:

The ONLY way Kane comes here is in a massive blockbuster deal that sends them Giroux. We don't have much else they need--and certainly nothing that would return Kane.

Hey man don't shoot the messenger....

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
That would be a no brainer for the Flyers. Kane is better than Voracek, while Schenn, Cousins, and a pick is a fleecing for Byfuglien.

Kane has already scored 30 in a season and although he didn't produce like Voracek last year, the only reason is PP production.

Given how great Buff played tonight in a comeback shootout win over the Blues, I don't know why the Jets would even think about trading him, or Kane for that matter.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Given how great Buff played tonight in a comeback shootout win over the Blues, I don't know why the Jets would even think about trading him, or Kane for that matter.
Yep, agreed.

I think Voracek, Luke Schenn, Cousins, and a pick is honestly closer value wise to what ONE of Kane or Byfuglien would cost, not both.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Trading Voracek would be incredibly dumb. All he's done since he's gotten here is get better and better. One of the only players who can skate well with the puck on his stick, great skater and is still young. But hey whatever, that seems to be the Flyer way.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Trading Voracek would be incredibly dumb. All he's done since he's gotten here is get better and better. One of the only players who can skate well with the puck on his stick, great skater and is still young. But hey whatever, that seems to be the Flyer way.

To be fair, very, very few of the panicked proposals have included Voracek. This one is so far-fetched that I think its safe to say that most posters know Voracek is an incredibly important part of the team going forward. If we can turn him and Schenn into a top-pairing defenseman and even more dynamic, younger winger, then of course we should, but that's not going to happen.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
To be fair, very, very few of the panicked proposals have included Voracek. This one is so far-fetched that I think its safe to say that most posters know Voracek is an incredibly important part of the team going forward. If we can turn him and Schenn into a top-pairing defenseman and even more dynamic, younger winger, then of course we should, but that's not going to happen.

I just don't want to see this organization make another big splash move like they always do when they're in trouble. I want to see this team build its roster through the draft. Roll into the next era with a lineup that's 50 - 60% of drafted, homegrown skaters both blueliners and forwards. I'd be willing to start selling off pieces for picks and/or prospects while call-ups like Raffl and McGinn remain on our roster and develop at this level. Im willing to suck for a couple years if that's what it takes. Just tired of the reactionary, big splash moves.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
There's no way Winnipeg trades Byfuglien and Kane in the same deal, especially not that rumored deal. Well, at least in my expert opinion.

Guys, no ones paid attention to my trade proposal that I posted now two times. :cry: :laugh: I want Jordan Eberle. Someone call Homer and tell him to make it happen.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
There's no way Winnipeg trades Byfuglien and Kane in the same deal, especially not that rumored deal. Well, at least in my expert opinion.

Guys, no ones paid attention to my trade proposal that I posted now two times. :cry: :laugh: I want Jordan Eberle. Someone call Homer and tell him to make it happen.

For some reason, the Lessio + Rundblad/Gormley combo someone mentioned in the Simmonds thread still has be interested.

If we could do it (with their supposed tight budget), I'd love to do Hartnell + Coburn for Domi + Gormley.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Zero chance Kane is traded and Flyers media would run him out of town in a month. I watched the game last night and Buffs game was why Jets won't trade him, played like a top D in the league with close to 33 mins of ice time. They did lose Possibly Trouba and Stuart last night, so maybe Mezz for Postma could work. Postma is cheap, young and a offensive pmd that we should take a chance on. Little is a CEnter and just resigned, no chance he comes here as well.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
This team shouldn't be trading any pieces of our core. If anything we should be selling older players for picks and loading up for our home draft, especially if were out of it by the draft. I figure Timonen and Coburn could at least fetch 1sts. I personally would trade Hartnell as well.

Hartnell and Manning to Montreal for Beaulieu and a 1st

Coburn to Edmonton for a 1st

Timonen to a cup contender for a 1st

Meszaros to whoever wants him for whatever they want to give

Next year:

xxxx-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
xxxx-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo

Streit-Schenn
Beaulieu-Grossmann
Morin-Gustafsson

Mason
xxxx

RJ8812*

we arent getting Beaulieu and a first for an over priced injury riddled vet and a defenseman who will never be an NHL regular

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
"The Not Ed Snider Way"

Zero chance they don't try and fix this with a trade.

You can surely bet that if the team keeps losing trades will happen. Its almost a guarantee actually. Flyers are a franchise that positively or negatively dont want to lose no matter what. If they keep losing they wont sit around.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
This team shouldn't be trading any pieces of our core. If anything we should be selling older players for picks and loading up for our home draft, especially if were out of it by the draft.

I figure Timonen and Coburn could at least fetch 1sts. I personally would trade Hartnell as well.

Hartnell and Manning to Montreal for Beaulieu and a 1st

Coburn to Edmonton for a 1st

Timonen to a cup contender for a 1st

Meszaros to whoever wants him for whatever they want to give
I don't think any of them are going to net a 1st pick on their own. Certainly Montreal is not giving Beaulieu AND a pick for Hartnell. Manning has no value.

Edm would not trade their 1st for Coburn last spring, why now?

Timonen MAYBE a 1st, if he starts playing better and a contender can afford to deal a high-20s pick.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Can someone explain to me why Flyers fans are trying to pawn of Simmonds? I'm probably one of the few that found him overrated before the season started, yet I can understand his value.

Like mentioned above, guys like Hartnell, Coburn, and Kimmo should be on the block.

Reality needs to set in that we won't be competing for a little while.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Can someone explain to me why Flyers fans are trying to pawn of Simmonds? I'm probably one of the few that found him overrated before the season started, yet I can understand his value.

Like mentioned above, guys like Hartnell, Coburn, and Kimmo should be on the block.

Reality needs to set in that we won't be competing for a little while.

Hartnell and Timonen have NMC. Hartnell holds little value. Coburn holds less value than Simmonds, though I think most who are willing to deal Simmonds would prefer to deal Coburn first or as well.

Timonon will get moved if / when the Flyers admit that they are out of it, and only if he wants to. He won't yield a great return anyway.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Hartnell and Timonen have NMC. Hartnell holds little value. Coburn holds less value than Simmonds, though I think most who are willing to deal Simmonds would prefer to deal Coburn first or as well.

Timonon will get moved if / when the Flyers admit that they are out of it, and only if he wants to. He won't yield a great return anyway.

Even if Hartnell is deemed untradeable, that shouldn't mean we should trade Simmonds. He is a solid young player to have.

If the vets can't be traded then no one should be traded

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Even if Hartnell is deemed untradeable, that shouldn't mean we should trade Simmonds. He is a solid young player to have.

If the vets can't be traded then no one should be traded

If the trade makes your team better, than EVERYONE should be available.

Personally, I keep hoping the Leafs want Coburn for Gardiner. Seeing other teams have great skating, offensive d-men makes me very envious.

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
Are there any low risk, high reward type players available? It would be great if they could find this seasons Ville Leino.

Kyle Wellwood is available, however I believe he would have to pass through waivers to join the team. I don't think adding him would hurt, but I don't think it would cause the team to change the way it is playing. Also, looking at his stats it seems he didn't do particularly well in the Swiss League, and there were people on his team putting up points.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/10/report-kyle-wellwood-retires-from-hockey/

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Kyle Wellwood is available, however I believe he would have to pass through waivers to join the team. I don't think adding him would hurt, but I don't think it would cause the team to change the way it is playing. Also, looking at his stats it seems he didn't do particularly well in the Swiss League, and there were people on his team putting up points.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/10/report-kyle-wellwood-retires-from-hockey/

Also Vinny Prospal could be fun, he was very good at motivating the young losing Blue Jackets team

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
A trade around Couturier and Coburn for Yakupov would be interesting for me. However I don't think it happens without Giroux or Voracek going in addition. This team needs to build and grow from within, not make franchise changing trades every other year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad