EDM will never trade Eberle; hall; or RNH;
Phi has size and grit but needs more skill what about
Yak; Arcobello; N.Schultz for B.Schenn; Simmonds; Coburn

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I would trade anyone on this roster not named Giroux for Eberle. I know Couturier is great defensively, but if the Flyers can get Eberle, I'd take the downgrade in defense in exchange for the upgrade in offense. Roll with something like this for the time being:

Hartnell-G-Eberle
Read-VL-Voracek
Raffl-Schenn-Simmonds
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

Then next year something like this...

Voracek-G-Eberle
Hartnell-VL-Schenn
Read-Laughton-Simmonds
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

Maybe

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I would trade anyone on this roster not named Giroux for Eberle. I know Couturier is great defensively, but if the Flyers can get Eberle, I'd take the downgrade in defense in exchange for the upgrade in offense. Roll with something like this for the time being:

Hartnell-G-Eberle
Read-VL-Voracek
Raffl-Schenn-Simmonds
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

Then next year something like this...

Voracek-G-Eberle
Hartnell-VL-Schenn
Read-Laughton-Simmonds
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

Maybe

Eberle will not get traded

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Eberle would be the ideal wingman for Giroux.

How do you figure? I actually see Eberle as a pretty poor fit for Giroux. And ideal winger for Giroux would be a guy like Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, James Neal, Logan Couture etc.

Someone with preferably size who can skate and has a hard, accurate shot that can score from anywhere and get into position to take passes. I actually think Yakupov would be a more ideal winger for Giroux than Eberle.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
How do you figure? I actually see Eberle as a pretty poor fit for Giroux. And ideal winger for Giroux would be a guy like Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, James Neal, Logan Couture etc.

Someone with preferably size who can skate and has a hard, accurate shot that can score from anywhere and get into position to take passes. I actually think Yakupov would be a more ideal winger for Giroux than Eberle.

Jagr wasn't a pure shooter and he was magnificent with Giroux. Toews and Kane are both passers/shooters and compliment each other very well. Giroux and Eberle are both elusive, creative and equally gifted at shooting and setting up. The only thing I don't like about them is that they're both righties.... yet Getzlaf and Perry manage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad