Rumor: Flyers/Oilers about Yakupov

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Eberle has never been a PPG player and his career PPG is 0.8.

Simmonds and Coburn have the toughness and defense Edmonton sorely lacks. They are also fairly young and signed for years to come and pose no risk of leaving the NHL to play in the KHL.

If the Flyers are going to trade both of those very valuable pieces, then a player like Eberle makes far more sense than Yakupov.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007

Simmonds and Coburn have the toughness and defense Edmonton sorely lacks. They are also fairly young and signed for years to come and pose no risk of leaving the NHL to play in the KHL.

If the Flyers are going to trade both of those very valuable pieces, then a player like Eberle makes far more sense than Yakupov.

The Oilers would be insane to deal Jordan Eberle. But I agree with you, he would be a better fit for the Flyers because he is a better player than Yakupov.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Coburn's trade value right now isnt very high. despite his "skillset" and Simmonds? he has had one good season. hes been pretty bad this year.
trading those 2 guys for theYakupov? yeah. its :facepalm: worthy

EDIT: Coburn and Simmonds will not get you Eberle. lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Simmonds has has two good seasons in a row, and Yakupov has also been bad this year.

Edmonton have nothing the Flyers need outside of Eberle.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
ok, my bad. 2 good seasons in a row for Simmonds.
I still dont think he gets you Eberle or Yakupov. Even with a stiff like Coburn included.
I would kill for Eberle on this team tho.
I would bet tho that Eberle would get the Carter treatment by some folks around here because you know he doesnt rack up the toughness points.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Sorry, "roughly" a PPG player. Still, not likely to be traded for Simmonds and Coburn.

This may be true, but that doesn't mean the Oilers are going to let go one of their best young players (I know, I know, he hasn't looked good in the first ten games this season). I don't know if I would call Coburn "fairly young." He isn't ancient, but he's pushing 30. Simmonds is no spring chicken either.

Think of it this way...would you trade a 20 year old one year removed from being the #1 overall pick in the draft, who put up 31 points in 48 games for a second pair defender pushing 30 and a mid twenties grinder, just because of a slow start and the fact that there are rumblings that maybe possibly he might think about possibly thinking about going back to Russia. But they need toughness and defense! Gimme a break. The Flyers need scoring...would you trade Couturier for Joffrey Lupul...he's putting up some good points and he's only 30! Of course not. Because that would be silly. But the Oilers will probably trade their 20 year old potential star for Coburn and Simmonds because they need grinders and second pairing d-men and one guy tweeted that something might possibly make Yakupov think about maybe going back to the KHL.

Very valuable to whom? All anyone talks about on here is how ****** Coburn is, now all of the sudden he is valuable. I'm not saying he doesn't have value, but he's not going to command Yakupov or Eberle by himself or with Simmonds. You want Eberle or Yakupov, you better believe that Couturier, Schenn, Laughton, or maybe even Morin or Haag would be involved in addition to some other players.

He already declined to waive his NTC to go to Edmonton on draft day.

Do you have a source for this? I have not heard that. Not saying you are wrong, but I have not heard that.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Very valuable to whom? All anyone talks about on here is how ****** Coburn is, now all of the sudden he is valuable. I'm not saying he doesn't have value, but he's not going to command Yakupov or Eberle by himself or with Simmonds. You want Eberle or Yakupov, you better believe that Couturier, Schenn, Laughton, or maybe even Morin or Haag would be involved in addition to some other players.

Do you have a source for this? I have not heard that. Not saying you are wrong, but I have not heard that.

talk at the draft was edmontons pick 7th overall for coburn but homer didnt think it was enough.

i dont see yak as interchangable with eberle. both still have that new car smell to them but theres a good chance yak could be a lemon

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If Coburn is getting moved it's either gonna have to involve biting the bullet now while his value is low, which I assume would be to shake up the team...or it should wait until the deadline for his value to increase.

Right now he has been bad for a while. The only way I think you could expect good value for him is if Homer convinces another GM he just needs a change of scenery to blossom into the defensive butterfly we hoped he would be.

"blossom into the defensive butterfly" might be the dumbest thing I've ever written.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
yup Eberle hasnt been good this year :laugh:

Who said Eberle hasn't been good this year?

talk at the draft was edmontons pick 7th overall for coburn but homer didnt think it was enough.

i dont see yak as interchangable with eberle. both still have that new car smell to them but theres a good chance yak could be a lemon

I thought the talk was two seconds and Magnus Paajarvi for Coburn.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
i think the organization over values Coburn. if they really turned down 2 seconds and MPS for Coburn then I think that is a mistake. Especially when they were not going to move Meszaros like many thought they would.
I am not sure you would even get one second for Coburn given his play so far this season.

RJ8812*

I actually think Shayne Gostisbehere might be in a position to make the team next year and could perhaps replace what Gustafsson brings. He plays with a lot more tenacity than Gus does and has the potential to be a more well rounded defenseman. So maybe

UFA(Boyle, Phaneuf, Pitkanen?)-Streit
Schenn-Gostisbehere
Grossmann-Morin/Hagg/Alt

:laugh:

you're joking, right?

RJ8812*

i think the organization over values Coburn. if they really turned down 2 seconds and MPS for Coburn then I think that is a mistake. Especially when they were not going to move Meszaros like many thought they would.
I am not sure you would even get one second for Coburn given his play so far this season.

So do most Flyers fans. When it was suggested we move him this summer, most fans were against it. I don't know why. Coburn is terrible. He has all the tools to be a top defenseman in the league, but unfortuantely he has one the lowest hockey IQ out there. Ever since his eye injury, he's gotten progrssively worse.

People keep expecting him to take the "next step" in his career, but it's not going to happen. This guy should be #1 on our list to ship out of town. If he isn't traded by the deadline, then this organization is clueless.

If that was the offer from EDM, Homer should have accepted that on the spot and laughed as he hung up the phone.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So do most Flyers fans. When it was suggested we move him this summer, most fans were against it. I don't know why. Coburn is terrible. He has all the tools to be a top defenseman in the league, but unfortuantely he has one the lowest hockey IQ out there. Ever since his eye injury, he's gotten progrssively worse.

People keep expecting him to take the "next step" in his career, but it's not going to happen. This guy should be #1 on our list to ship out of town. If he isn't traded by the deadline, then this organization is clueless.

If that was the offer from EDM, Homer should have accepted that on the spot and laughed as he hung up the phone.

yeah that is true. some folks have a huge mancrush on the guy for some reason. I really dont get it. Coburn might be the most frustrating Flyer player of recent memory. Like you said he has all the tools to be a top pairing defenseman. but he is just dumb.
People say oh hes fine when he isnt asked to carry the pairing. Here is the problem with that logic. he is being paid to be a pairing carrying defenseman. He really needs to be traded. Yes I am willing to accept "pennies on the dollar" for him. just get him off this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00