Rumor: Flyers/Oilers about Yakupov

Oct 15, 2008
I think you can relax. I am pretty sure he was joking.

I like Yakupov and we all know the Oilers love Coburn. Obviously we would add more but wouldn't be surprised with Coburn going there. Like it has been seen in the past. When there is smoke.... Yea you get it.

I doubt Morin gets moved but if the team thinks Yakupov is more needed then say Couturier, I can see Couts going back. Especially since they seem set on Laughton being a center.

Obviously all speculation but wouldn't be surprised if Couturier and Coburn are part of the deal. Now the 3rd piece is important. I can not see us adding this years first even for a 1st overall pick, especially how bad we are doing. Wonder what the 3rd piece would be.

B. Schenn, Coburn and Simmonds for Yak and Hemsky is the current rumour. I dont think it has a snowball's chance of happening.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
He is a fantastic center who plays 3rd toughest minutes in the league. Your statement is not warranted.

Coburn/Mez
Talbot
2014 3rd
2015 1st

Yak
Klefbom

Id do Laughton, McGinn, Coburn a 2nd for Yakupov. If the oilers don't want it, I say see ya.

Simmonds + Coburn + 2nd for Eberle + Klefbom?

Flyers might need to add more..

Simmonds, Coburn, Gustafsson and a 1st (2015)

For

Yakupov
Klefbom

Next season

Voracek-Giroux-Yakupov
Schenn-Lecavalier-Callahan (UFA)
Hartnell-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
McGinn

Streit-Schenn
Grossmann-Klefbom
Morin-Niskanen(UFA)

Mason
Biron(UFA)

This team shouldn't be trading any pieces of our core. If anything we should be selling older players for picks and loading up for our home draft, especially if were out of it by the draft. I figure Timonen and Coburn could at least fetch 1sts. I personally would trade Hartnell as well.

Hartnell and Manning to Montreal for Beaulieu and a 1st

Coburn to Edmonton for a 1st

xxxx

EDM would not do any of these deals. Players I would want from PHI are B.Schenn 2C that we need, Simmonds grit of the wing that we need and Coburn hoping he can change it around in EDM.

Klefbom is not going to be moved we are hoping that he is the young dman that will help this team along with Nurse.

Players available from EDM are Yak, Hemsky(having a very good start), Gagner when healthy, Acrcobello 8 points, Smid, and 1st round pick.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I kind of took the post to say Coburn+ Couts for Yakupov would be nice, but most likely the trade would have to built around one of Voracek or Giroux not Couts/Coburn. Not Coburn+Couts+Voracek/Giroux for Yakupov.

EDM would not expect Giroux in a deal for Yak, he is good and he is your franchise player.

RJ8812*

Is this the Jordan Dreger :)laugh:) rumor? Or is someone credible reporting it, too?

I couldnt stop laughing when I saw that kid's post "Look at my last name. Do you not know who I'm related to?"

As if to say just because he's related to Darren Dreger he's a "valuable source":laugh:

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
It'd be cool to get Yakupov and all, but if I were Holmgren, I would focus on another struggling Russian, Dmitry Kulikov. He's likely more available than Yakupov, while much less valuable. Something based around Simmonds for Kulikov might be workable and he would fill a glaring hole in the defense.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
It'd be cool to get Yakupov and all, but if I were Holmgren, I would focus on another struggling Russian, Dmitry Kulikov. He's likely more available than Yakupov, while much less valuable. Something based around Simmonds for Kulikov might be workable and he would fill a glaring hole in the defense.

I asked about Couturier + for Kulikov

Move Grossmann for a third line center.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I asked about Couturier + for Kulikov

Move Grossmann for a third line center.
Regardless of the value there, I really don't want to see Couturier traded. He's been the best face off guy this year and he won a few against Crosby (one of the best face off guys in the game) the last game that were pretty nasty.

It's going to take some time, but he's going to round into a 40-50 point center that can play against the world's best players. This team has been missing that since Richards left, so I'm in no hurry to see Couturier moved unless it's a clear cut win.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Regardless of the value there, I really don't want to see Couturier traded. He's been the best face off guy this year and he won a few against Crosby (one of the best face off guys in the game) the last game that were pretty nasty.

It's going to take some time, but he's going to round into a 40-50 point center that can play against the world's best players. This team has been missing that since Richards left, so I'm in no hurry to see Couturier moved unless it's a clear cut win.

Malkin and Crosby destroyed us when Richards and Carter were here. That has not been the case when they have been on the ice against Couturier. In my opinion he should not go anywhere. Even if he looks like he's "only" going to be a Jordan Staal type, 40-50 point shut down center, and not the 60-70 point shut down center he has the potential to be.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Malkin and Crosby destroyed us when Richards and Carter were here. That has not been the case when they have been on the ice against Couturier. In my opinion he should not go anywhere. Even if he looks like he's "only" going to be a Jordan Staal type, 40-50 point shut down center, and not the 60-70 point shut down center he has the potential to be.

Exactly, we need to keep Couturier. Even if he isn't scoring points he matters to this team because he keeps the big guns from the other team from scoring.

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
Exactly, we need to keep Couturier. Even if he isn't scoring points he matters to this team because he keeps the big guns from the other team from scoring.

Right. To me, consistently playing against a team's top offensive players and providing strong defense is just as important as putting up points. Crosby and Malkin aren't going anywhere anytime soon. It would be asinine to trade Couturier. The only exception would be if it was for a stud dman (Doughty, Weber, Keith), and nobody's trading those.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Simmonds, Coburn, Gustafsson and a 2nd for Yakupov?

This team's defense would be far too shaky next year for me to give up Coburn and Gustafsson in any deal. Give them up, and if the guys expiring don't come back, our blue line is this:

Schenn-Streit
Grossmann-Lauridsen
Alt-Bourdon
Konan

(Yes, I know we'd sign free agents, but nonetheless...)

I can't see the Flyers being able to move more than one long-term contracted defenseman this year, if they even do that.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Coburn and Simmonds for Yakupov is fair. Coburn won't waive his NTC to go to Edmonton though.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Coburn and Simmonds for Yakupov is fair. Coburn won't waive his NTC to go to Edmonton though.

In what world is Coburn and Simmonds for Yakupov fair? It is amazing how badly people are undervaluing this kid. I know, I know, he hasn't played well this season and he is from Russia. But he was the #1 pick one year ago. Those guys do not get traded in non-overpay deals one year after being drafted (especially when his first season he scored the same amount of points as the very Wayne Simmonds involved in this trade, only at age 19). If this was two years form now, maybe I could see him being dealt in a deal like JvR and Schenn. But not a deal like this, not one year after his draft. Not when he had a pretty solid showing at age 19 in the league.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

No it isn't. Yakupov could go back to Russia in another year.

If they are trading Simmonds to Edmonton then Eberle needs to be involved.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
This team's defense would be far too shaky next year for me to give up Coburn and Gustafsson in any deal. Give them up, and if the guys expiring don't come back, our blue line is this:

Schenn-Streit
Grossmann-Lauridsen
Alt-Bourdon
Konan

(Yes, I know we'd sign free agents, but nonetheless...)

I can't see the Flyers being able to move more than one long-term contracted defenseman this year, if they even do that.

I actually think Shayne Gostisbehere might be in a position to make the team next year and could perhaps replace what Gustafsson brings. He plays with a lot more tenacity than Gus does and has the potential to be a more well rounded defenseman. So maybe

UFA(Boyle, Phaneuf, Pitkanen?)-Streit
Schenn-Gostisbehere
Grossmann-Morin/Hagg/Alt

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
No it isn't. Yakupov could go back to Russia in another year.

If they are trading Simmonds to Edmonton then Eberle needs to be involved.

:facepalm:

Holy overvalue. I like Simmonds as much as the next guy, but he is not that valuable as to require a PPG player in return. Coburn and Simmonds likely isn't going to get you either Yakupov or Eberle. The Flyers would still have to add. What they would have to add, I'm not sure, but I'd be willing to be they aren't going to trade a 23 year old PPG player or a 20 year old #1 draft pick who played very well in his rookie season for a second pairing defenseman on the downslope and a grinding winger.

Why not trade Simmonds and Coburn to TB for Drouin! That guy didn't even make the team this year!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad