Rumor: Flyers gearing up to trade Wayne Simmonds

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
can you explain how and why the flyers are adding to the deal? Simmonds has out scored Nino over the past 5 years and brings more to the game

while Simmonds is a year away from UFA--flyers are not adding to move him

and for some perspective on nino's contract

Milan Lucic who some say has the worst contract in the NHL?

Last 3 seasons Lucic got 139 pts vs Nino's 132--Lucic just makes .750k more than Nino

I’m thoroughly impressed by the ignorance displayed in this post.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
I'd take that. He was unbelievable in the AHL playoffs.

Andreas Johnsson is basically Viktor Arvidsson.

Slightly different but the style of player is very similar and I expect his impact to be similar too.

Johnsson should be a 50+ point guy.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
We drafted Kevin Marshall ahead of a lot of players... and I hope that "scout" no longer with us. Now what?

My point was that just because you pass up on a player doesn't mean your organization doesn't have interest in him now.

Kasperi Kapanen has stated his favourite place to play is Philadelphia. He has that connection with his father to the city of Philadelphia. He's a good young player who's developed into a potentially elite level penalty killer with that incredible skating. He also has good hands and a good shot.

By 2019, I expect him to be a 2nd or 3rd line winger on a strong Maple Leafs team.

You could do worse than Kapanen and a pick/prospect for Simmonds.

But I can't see Philly being in a rush to trade Wayne.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
My point was that just because you pass up on a player doesn't mean your organization doesn't have interest in him now.

Kasperi Kapanen has stated his favourite place to play is Philadelphia. He has that connection with his father to the city of Philadelphia. He's a good young player who's developed into a potentially elite level penalty killer with that incredible skating. He also has good hands and a good shot.

By 2019, I expect him to be a 2nd or 3rd line winger on a strong Maple Leafs team.

You could do worse than Kapanen and a pick/prospect for Simmonds.

But I can't see Philly being in a rush to trade Wayne.
and my point was we specifically looked and Kapanen at the draft, SPECIFICALLY! now what? and that draft has nothing to do with any other draft..

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
and my point was we specifically looked and Kapanen at the draft, SPECIFICALLY! now what? and that draft has nothing to do with any other draft..

You have no way of knowing if Kapanen was on Hextall's board, and where he was. Perhaps he was right after Sanheim. and we just couldnt make a deal to get him. Just because he wasnt the #1 choice doesnt mean he didnt want him.

Hextall wanted Morgan Frost. Not enough to take him over Patrick though. He also wanted Konecny. But not at the expense of Provorov.

Again, literally the dumbest comment you can make on these boards.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
If you think Simmonds is a core piece, I'd absolutely love to hear your other three. Simmonds doesnt make my top 5, and probably doesnt crack my top 10 of non-moveable pieces on this team.
When it sounds like you'd be easily convinced to part with him, though he's the guy that gives my teams the fits most when we play ya, I dare not argue.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The teams will come calling.

Some of the names in this thread make me happy.

Some names make me wanna vomit.

Some are in between.

I can’t wait to see where it goes.

Minnesota fans, since it’s coming from Russo, do you actually think they are interested?
I hope not, personally. I want the Wild to invest in younger players. Also think that Simmonds is just entering the downside of his career, and will be a difficult and/or expensive re-sign as a FA. Bottom line is that Acquiring Simmonds doesn't make them a Cup contender in the short term, and makes them worse in the long term, because of the younger assets they would be giving up, and the onset of Simmonds decline.

Russo has expressed frustration with the lack of communication with the new GM, Fenton, so he might not be as plugged in as he normally is with the Wild.

My only worry is that Boudreau likes big players with toughness....I could easily see him wanting Simmonds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad