Rumor: Flyers gearing up to trade Wayne Simmonds

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Because we are not competing. We realize this. Hextall realizes this....see the Schenn deal as a perfect example. 3 years of Schenn for futures. Simmonds is no different with 1 year.

He is also the last of the "selling" for any forwards. Everyone else is staying in place and is signed or under control for 4 years or more.

If he had 3 years on his deal, we don't move him. But sadly that is not the case.
I'm just happy to hear you say this aloud. I agree with everything here, especially the Flyers not competing as the club is situated right now. I've been on this wagon for a minute.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Pacioretty
Petry
2nd/3rd

for

Simmonds
Gudas
Sanheim

Counter...

Pacioretty
Petry
3rd overall

for

Simmonds
Sanheim
19th overall

Sanheim isn't some throw in - he'd instantly become the Habs best, young defenseman, ahead of Juulsen and Mete.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Of course they looked at him... Maybe you should try to remember articles by Bill Meltzer, interviews, McKenzie even mentioned how close his dad to organization... but we did not like him.. Of course it does speaks to the point.. We did not like him then and we sure as hell do not like him now especially as a center piece for Simmonds. His upside is 2nd line if he is lucky...

I will enjoy it no matter what..
Can you provide proof that we "did not like him". Not because we didn't take him over Sanheim, but you are saying we flat out did not like him, which is different.

Share what you know, that we don't.

I'm just happy to hear you say this aloud. I agree with everything here, especially the Flyers not competing as the club is situated right now. I've been on this wagon for a minute.
I have said this many a time. We are a playoff tweener again next year unless Hextall adds from outside our organization. There is a gap before the next wave of kids at F and of course Hart are ready. I have said w should add to our bottom 6 which we really need until that wave comes.

Reactions: Starat327

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Can you provide proof that we "did not like him". Not because we didn't take him over Sanheim, but you are saying we flat out did not like him, which is different.

Share what you know, that we don't.
Like recorded conversation? Or an article with head lines... Flyers do not like Kasperi at the draft. :(

Taking 5th amendment over here.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Like recorded conversation? Or an article with head lines... Flyers do not like Kasperi at the draft. :(

I didn't hear anything about the Flyers not liking Kapanen. Overall, Kapanen was a draft night faller, that is all.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I have said this many a time. We are a playoff tweener again next year unless Hextall adds from outside our organization. There is a gap before the next wave of kids at F and of course Hart are ready. I have said w should add to our bottom 6 which we really need until that wave comes.
A bottom 6 that has been bad for several years and hasn't been a priority to fix, although casually intimated as an easy problem to solve. I sure hope this is the year that finally comes true.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Either one.

You seem to have info that the Flyers did not like him. I was asking you to share it. If t=you can't, then expect people say "bull shit".

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Either one.

You seem to have info that the Flyers did not like him. I was asking you to share it. If t=you can't, then expect people say "bull ****".
People? What people? You? Leafs fans?

I told you article Bill Meltzer, McKenzie,... I mean what did you expect.. Flyers looked at him(Kapanen) and went another way. Drafted a d-man no one thought would be in 1st round. You may wanna go and read my 1st post about Kasper Kapanen... try to process it and get back to me.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007

I told you article Bill Meltzer, McKenzie,... I mean what did you expect.. Flyers looked at him(Kapanen) and went another way. Drafted a d-man no one thought would be in 1st round. You may wanna go and read my 1st post about Kasper Kapanen... try to process it and get back to me.

If I recall, Sanheim was one of the biggest draft risers, drawing comparisons to Ryan McDonagh and others. Hextall also stated his philosophy of building from the nets out, and taking a high-rising D prospect in Sanheim fit that mentality. I don't recall anything being mentioned specifically about Kapanen (good or bad), just that the Flyers passed on him like many other teams did. I don't see what the Flyers would not "like" about Kapanen.

Reactions: Jtown

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
If I recall, Sanheim was one of the biggest draft risers, drawing comparisons to Ryan McDonagh and others. Hextall also stated his philosophy of building from the nets out, and taking a high-rising D prospect in Sanheim fit that mentality. I don't recall anything being mentioned specifically about Kapanen (good or bad), just that the Flyers passed on him like many other teams did. I don't see what the Flyers would not "like" about Kapanen.
ok I will give you that... he was ranked mostly 24th (or later by most) , by Bob, THN etc etc. only Eldon MacDonald ranked him higher. he was drafted 17th.. He was compared to McDonagh after draft.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

ok...did you show the link to these articles?

And so what if they went another way with Sanheim. It doesn't prove the "didn't like Kapanen". And if you show the link that says they did, by all means, I will say you are correct. Until then, expect a pushback considering lots of us dig deep into the draft info and have for years, and what you are saying does not ring a bell.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

And so what if they went another way with Sanheim. It doesn't prove the "didn't like Kapanen". And if you show the link that says they did, by all means, I will say you are correct. Until then, expect a pushback considering lots of us dig deep into the draft info and have for years, and what you are saying does not ring a bell.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Sanheim probably doesn't even crack the Blues current roster this year unless he takes a massive step forward this offseason.

The Blues are already looking like they'll need to either healthy scratch Gunnarsson or deal him given their depth at that position, and he played well last year in a bottom four role. Edmundson, Dunn, and Bouwmeester are all firmly ahead of Sanheim at the moment.

Personally, I don't think there's any chance that Parayko would be considered something on the table in a trade for Simmonds. Not even if Philly was offering major futures plusses along with him. I don't think the Blues have any intention of moving him anyway, but even if they did, that's almost certainly not the sort of deal they would looking for.

Tracing him makes no sense. And as you are getting at, if he’s available, you’d want to get a centerman like Drai.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017

What GM says I do not like this player but I like that player pre or post draft. there was a lot of talk about K.Kapnen and Flyers pre-draft, interview(s) with Bill Meltzer, bob mckenzie mentioned as well The whole father history and how would you feel to play in Philly etc etc.. and we(the Flyers) went the other way. So we did not like him back then and sure as hell won't trade him for Simmonds. and if this does not seem enough for you.. o well..

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Adding Tavares and Simmonds to any playoff team makes them a serious threat for the cup next year. Even with Leafs atrocious D this lineup would take them to the final. Assuming they got rid of that bum Hyman

Hyman is a beast.

He just finished 19th in voting for the Selke Trophy. Hyman isn't talented enough to play on a 1st line but he does so many things that open up ice for Matthews and Nylander.

Hyman is, at this point, a near untouchable player for Toronto. He's young, cheap and he is one of the most tenacious players I've ever seen on this team.

Guy Gadowsky

May 10, 2017
As long as the Flyers trade Simmonds and make sure we're not the ones signing his decline phhase to a Oshie-esque contract, I kinda don't really care what the return is. barring taking back a bad contract in return

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What GM says I do not like this player but I like that player pre or post draft. there was a lot of talk about K.Kapnen and Flyers pre-draft, interview(s) with Bill Meltzer, bob mckenzie mentioned as well The whole father history and how would you feel to play in Philly etc etc.. and we(the Flyers) went the other way. So we did not like him back then and sure as hell won't trade him for Simmonds. and if this does not seem enough for you.. o well..

You seem to labor under a severe misconception. "We did not draft him" is by no means the same as "We did not like him." It means we preferred Sanheim. End of plausible inferences. Unless you have inside knowledge that he wasn't on our board, all you can say is that Sanheim was rated more highly.

Reactions: Tripod

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
simmonds to toronto for 25 and connor brown

simmonds to anaheim for 23 and nik ritchie

simmonds to dallas for 13 and martin hanzal as a cap dump

simmonds to boston for danton heinen and 57

i like killorn a lot and don't think his contract is an issue in terms of aav. this is a guy who is versatile, good for 40 points, 30 or more at es, and also a known playoff performer. the problem is the 5 years left on his deal at almost 29 years old. the flyers need to get younger, not older which is part of the reason they are likely going to trade simmonds.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So you are saying you have no proof. Not picking him means that they liked Sanheim more, not that they disliked Kapanen.

I guess you didn't "know things" after all.

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad