Flyers "Flight Plan": New Behind the Scenes Series

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Agreed. This was the kind of PR fluff I was anticipating. I think we all topped out on the in-depth revelations in episode 1, as indicated by Pryor's response to it.

We'll see what SanFilippo posts in his blog about it. He apparently tweeted that they were told 'no mics' on execs during first round by the League, but Columbus did it anyway. Did they mic them thereafter, we'll see?

Yukon Cornelius*

These shows are flat out awful. They offer little to zero insight into the inner workings or the underbelly of the organization. Not surprisingly, San Filippo is completely out of his depth here as a reporter and producer.

Clearly by their 10 min length and their web only availability, they haven't been given a strong endorsement by the powers that be which ultimately is a shame given the personalities on the roster and the rich history of the organization.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
As the days pass on I keep getting more accepting of Homers decision of picking Morin at 11. I am glad they picked him and after hearing that the Canadiens were interested in Morin at the same pick it does not seem like such a reach.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
As the days pass on I keep getting more accepting of Homers decision of picking Morin at 11. I am glad they picked him and after hearing that the Canadiens were interested in Morin at the same pick it does not seem like such a reach.

I was pumped about Morin at the time and still am now, but I needed to go through the same thing you are last year when we went for Laughton instead of Maata. It seems to turn out that the Flyers first round pick was the BPA when it was all said and done and I'm hopeful Morin will be a Flyer for a long time.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
These shows are flat out awful. They offer little to zero insight into the inner workings or the underbelly of the organization. Not surprisingly, San Filippo is completely out of his depth here as a reporter and producer.

Clearly by their 10 min length and their web only availability, they haven't been given a strong endorsement by the powers that be which ultimately is a shame given the personalities on the roster and the rich history of the organization.

The Columbus Blue Jackets draft floor video is great.

The Flyers second episode was putrid.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I appreciate these videos, but my criticism of episode two is that they could have simply released a tweet that said: "Montreal wanted to trade with us to draft Morin."--- and the amount of information exchanged would have been the same.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
These shows are flat out awful. They offer little to zero insight into the inner workings or the underbelly of the organization.

I thought the first episode was decent, It was something new that I havent seen before done by the flyers, even if all it was was a bunch of scouts sitting in a room building there draft list...i havent seen that before.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We get it that the Flyers FO is understandably hesitant to give away their internal views of other players, as it could hamper future trade negotiations. Episode 1 was beyond my expectations regarding details of their draft wish list, but it unfortunately set the bar high for subsequent episodes. My hope (suggestion) would be to look at the other players in later rounds (Goulbourne, hint hint) and how these rounds shook out for Holmgren and the scouts.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can't get the damn videoplayer loaded.

I'm on my phone & I can't neither, it previously worked on this for the other two episodes.

Edit: Look at the videos below it & click on the one that says episode 1 & it pops up on my phone. I'm using an iPhone by the way.

Last edited:

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
at first i didn't notice the other parts and i was like wtf someone gonna pay for this

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nothing great there but better than nothing I guess, the next one should be better with the focus on the training camp taking place right now.

Last edited:

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
I can't get the damn videoplayer loaded.

I had the same problem today, but then I used CCleaner to remove all the crap and now all the videos work. Seems like the videoplayer they use on the site has been updated...

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Lappy's speech and mention of changing rookie camp was the only thing worth mentioning. Other than that, it was pretty terrible. I really didn't need to watch volleyball highlights that long.

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
Yeah, that third episode was pretty poor. Basically we heard Lappy speaking 80% of the time....Nothing to learn from this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00