Flyers "Flight Plan": New Behind the Scenes Series

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
it's all off-season ****, so what do you expect?

I'm sure it will get better once the season rolls on

Even in the off-season, there is plenty to show. Players getting coached up (Ian giving advice wasn't strictly coaching the game, per se), Lavi, specifically, coaching the system. Prospects getting advice from the veterans. A myriad of things.

The off-season isn't some vast wasteland of no hockey merit.

I agree it may get more interesting during the season, but behind the scenes access to a team is a writer/production paradise and we've gotten 1 great episode and then some middle of the road, happy to have them, obviously, but not the best, episodes.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
it's all off-season ****, so what do you expect?

I'm sure it will get better once the season rolls on

After the first episode, I was expecting something along the lines of what I've seen from Oilchange and a show about the White Sox. Discussing Free Agents, trade avenues, a look at rookie camp (not 5 minutes of volleyball). That's what I was expecting.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Does anyone know when the next episode will be aired? They already released a preview three weeks ago but nothing else..

[NHL]476548[/NHL]

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Does anyone know when the next episode will be aired? They already released a preview three weeks ago but nothing else..

[NHL]476548[/NHL]

I was thinking exactly the same.

I think they must have forgot!

One thing I would really like to see them do is 'day in the life' kind of shorts (circa 15mins) or like the Rangers 'beginnings' series... they were both awesome.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
I checked SanFilippo's twitter and this is what he had tweeted on November 6

@InsideTheFlyers
For #Flyers fans waiting for the next ep. of #FlightPlan, due to some tech. difficulties, we have to delay it's release til next Wed. #Sorry
__
@K3vClark
@InsideTheFlyers we understand...not much to highlight eh?
__
@InsideTheFlyers
@K3vClark Not true. We had the ep. complete. We even posted a teaser Monday. We are legit having tech problems and Wed. is our reg. air day.

And this is a tweet from yesterday

@BradicalChamp
@InsideTheFlyers hey when's the next flyers flight plan
__
@InsideTheFlyers
@BradicalChamp My hope is Wednesday.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Pretty good one. I just wish these would be longer than 10-15 minutes, especially now since it's been over a month since the last episode.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
True. I laughed during that exchange, but wasn't really reading too much into it. It is probably a small sample of why they have had horrible chemistry this year, though. :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, that stuff happens all the time in hockey though.

Hartnell is hilarious. As much as he's sucked recently I still love the guy.

I mean seriously how amazing is this:
hulk.gif

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
As much as he drives me up a wall with his play this year (minus the last game against Mon) he always makes me laugh, they could probably mic him up every game and it would be hilarious, I would pay money to hear what Hartnell was saying when he was cracking up on the bench at PK last game

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The best thing about that was the massive amount of crying that was done by Pens fans after it.

I remember after that a lot of Pens fans were *****ing constantly "Hartnell and the entire city of Philadelphia are classless garbage, he had cancer!!!"

...So? What the hell does that have to do with what happened? Nice attempt to play the victim.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
True. I laughed during that exchange, but wasn't really reading too much into it. It is probably a small sample of why they have had horrible chemistry this year, though. :laugh:

Haha yeah, obviously that happens with every line, but considering their season so far I couldn't help but notice.

I wonder what the plan for the SSH** line was last night?

Schenn: "OK guys, I'm going to rush the puck."

Hartnell: "That's weird, I was going to rush the puck too."

Simmonds: "That makes three of us. I love this plan. NIGHT TRAIN, CHOO CHOOOOO."

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
New episodes up, one about Brieres return with Couts mic'd up and one is a fan favourite clip show. I don't know how to embed the though.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
New episodes up, one about Brieres return with Couts mic'd up and one is a fan favourite clip show. I don't know how to embed the though.

Find the share link and copy the video ID from there. Then just paste the ID between NHL-tags.

Example from this episode:
Part 1, share link
http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=520890&catid=246
The ID is that bolded one.

[NHL]520890[/NHL]

[NHL]520892[/NHL]

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That was a pretty ok one... the first half anyway, 2nd half basically being a recap was pretty crappy.

'Hey... sorry man, I didn't think you were that small.' (Couturier to Gionta)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00