Flyers "Flight Plan": New Behind the Scenes Series

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
They play headers and volleys/two touch a bit bizarrely.

Hartnell would have been out not G/Couts the way I have always played it... if you kick a ball that is literally unplayable (like smack it as hard as you can/unnecessarily hard not near someone or at a wall... the ball Hartnell kneed was like 4ft from G) you are out! Otherwise it gets stupid and devolves quickly.

Tbf like a minute later everyone just calls him out for cheating all the time and changing rules for himself!

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
It might sound moronic but I really thought while watching the soccer scene that this is probably the reason Hartnell won't be traded.
Despite his decent play the last little while and him not being nearly as bad as some people on here like to point out, it's pretty obvious that he is running the lockerroom. He seems to be very tight with Giroux, too.

RJ8812*

Surprised not to see Kimmo playing soccer with them.

I remember reading a few years back that he was ridiculous and won pretty much every single time.

that's probably why he isnt playing with them...they won't let him :laugh:

he probably does, just not all the time

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
that's probably why he isnt playing with them...they won't let him :laugh:

he probably does, just not all the time

Yeh, I have seen pics and vids of Coburn, Read and Grossmann playing with them before as well but not were there either.

Seems like Hartnell, G, V, Simmer, B. Schenn and Rinaldo are always almost always playing though.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I really enjoyed this episode, like the behind the scenes stuff and good bit on Raffl.

Yep, far better than slowed down shots of the game with a voice-over. The only bits they should show from games are the miked-up parts and maybe a tiny summary.

I wish they would do something similar to what MSG did with 'beginnings' that was pretty awesome.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Yep, far better than slowed down shots of the game with a voice-over. The only bits they should show from games are the miked-up parts and maybe a tiny summary.

I wish they would do something similar to what MSG did with 'beginnings' that was pretty awesome.

I totally agree with you. So far the only real negative thing has been the length of these episodes. It's been almost a month since they aired the episode #9 and they can only come up with a 10 minute episode? I'm sure they could do 45-60 minute long ones if they really wanted to.

Hopefully they can do something big for the draft day. That's the event I would love to see as much behind-the-scenes stuff as possible.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This series is so horribly made that I cringe the entire time I'm watching it... everything from the intro to the commentating to the writing to the content... it's all just horrible production quality. It's like they try to make it awkward for the players too...

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
This series is so horribly made that I cringe the entire time I'm watching it... everything from the intro to the commentating to the writing to the content... it's all just horrible production quality. It's like they try to make it awkward for the players too...

Mmhmm. That first video is like watching a boring home movie that your dad filmed, that nobody wanted to be a part of. And if I wanted to watch the second one... I mean, wouldn't I have just listened to Preston and Steve? It's just, what happened on air, with no added insight whatsoever.

I'm disappointed, because the last one that came out was actually a little bit interesting.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Mmhmm. That first video is like watching a boring home movie that your dad filmed, that nobody wanted to be a part of. And if I wanted to watch the second one... I mean, wouldn't I have just listened to Preston and Steve? It's just, what happened on air, with no added insight whatsoever.

I'm disappointed, because the last one that came out was actually a little bit interesting.

Very true. First they wait a month and this is all they can come up with? Yes, it's better than nothing but... It just makes them look a little too lazy.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I get the sense they'll ride it out for the rest of the season & scrap the whole thing for next year & beyond. I don't think upstairs is too fond of giving out too much access.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad