Flyers "Flight Plan": New Behind the Scenes Series

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
what would have sucked though was zykov going right before the buffalo pick. I imagine he would be one of the forwards we were interested in at that spot.

and instead of waisting that 3rd round pick on Goulbourne, 2nd + 3rd and move up in the 2nd round.

Last edited:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Disappointed in this weeks episode.

Wish they had the front office guys mic'd up during the draft.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Yeah, that was pretty bland. The only interesting tidbit being that Montreal called and wanted Morin. Although, that rumor had been floated already after the draft. So, we pretty much already knew that.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I asked Anthony SanFilippo on twitter about the front office guys not being mic'd up, and he replied with, "Even though a couple other teams had their GM's mic'd up, we were told by the NHL that they weren't allowed in Round 1."

Also:

Anthony SanFilippo ‏@AnthonySan37 1m
BTW… I will have a "What You Didn't See on Flight Plan" blog this week. Hope it sheds some light on a few things from this episode. #Flyers

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
in the Draft they showed Homer talking to MacTavish, the only new thing this video showed is them eating Breakfast, first watching the paint dry and now this

Last edited:

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I asked Anthony SanFilippo on twitter about the front office guys not being mic'd up, and he replied with, "Even though a couple other teams had their GM's mic'd up, we were told by the NHL that they weren't allowed in Round 1."

Also:

Anthony SanFilippo ‏@AnthonySan37 1m
BTW… I will have a "What You Didn't See on Flight Plan" blog this week. Hope it sheds some light on a few things from this episode. #Flyers
********, the Leafs one with Burke was mic'd throughout the first round. The Flyers are no fun with this stuff.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This series has been pretty disappointing so far. Very short and very little insight.

I don't think they want to give away too much info. In the Edmonton series they spent more time filming the players/coaches during training camps & regular seasons. The offseasons & drafts didn't get much air time during their's neither & the stuff they did show was stuff you already knew like players they drafted or signed etc. I believe they talked about a potenial trade that didn't happen once during it but they bleeped every thing out including the players involved & the other team.

GM's are all about not showing their hands is basically my point. Anthony did say they will get longer & eventually be half & hour shows. My guess is that will be once training camp starts when they can focuse on the players & coaches and not the behind the scenes stuff of the Front Office.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Yeah, that was a brutal episode.

Even if you couldn't mic up the table, at least give us some behind-the-scenes access to the draftees or something...they literally just put together clips that you can watch on youtube that most of us have probably already seen.

I hope ASF's tweet means they'll be mic'd up for round 2 meaning we can hear what they think about Hagg falling.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I don't think they want to give away too much info. In the Edmonton series they spent more time filming the players/coaches during training camps & regular seasons. The offseasons & drafts didn't get much air time during their's neither & the stuff they did show was stuff you already knew like players they drafted or signed etc. I believe they talked about a potenial trade that didn't happen once during it but they bleeped every thing out including the players involved & the other team.

GM's are all about not showing their hands is basically my point. Anthony did say they will get longer & eventually be half & hour shows. My guess is that will be once training camp starts when they can focuse on the players & coaches and not the behind the scenes stuff of the Front Office.

Yeah I totally understand that. It's just that after watching the Blue Jacket's episodes, these kind of pale in comparison.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah I totally understand that. It's just that after watching the Blue Jacket's episodes, these kind of pale in comparison.

Chris Pryor apparently whined at that meet & greet last week about this stuff getting out so my guess is they went super conservative this week because of that.

Personally I'm looking more forward to the training camps & preseason with the actual roster players for a more 24/7 type feel at this point.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
these guys must think that they're going to stay with the Flyers front office for the next 20 years and i'm sure they're not going to trade for every guy drafted in the 1st round.
Kekäläinen is the man

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Disappointed in this weeks episode.

Wish they had the front office guys mic'd up during the draft.

i come over in peace from the Sabres board.....

Someone posted and talked about the first video. We were very surprised to see their board. A few people were able to decipher their board order (unsure if it was from you guys).

buffalo does a similar think but it doesnt get in that much detail and its heavily edited.

They had their draft episode---it was edited where they gave the imprsion they were focused on getting ristolainen. then when their latter first came up they seemed to comment on focusing on Zadorov falling and they wanted him.

On columbus' version it shows Buffalo appeared to talk about trading up for Columbus' pick. It comes off as if they were focusing on maybe drafting Domi

On this episode----I was very disappointed.

i was looking to hear them talk about potential moves to make with their picks.

They talked about a trade with montreal and they claimed they didnt do it because montreal also wanted their guy.

That answer is pure B---why---It wasnt like Philadelphia was raching to draft morin. His forecast place was around 10-15. So dropping down to Montreal's spot (IIRC was around 25). Morin wasnt going to drop to that spot. i wonder what sort of offer was on the table to move up that much.

Had montreal been at 13 then the issue of drafting the same player is valid.

Buffalo and LA made a deal in the 2008 draft where Buffalo and LA flipped consecutive picks where Buffalo gave them a 3rd on the condition they werent interested in the same player. They exchanged names they werent the same so deal happened. If they were the same---the deal wouldnt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad