Friedman: Flyers considering a reunion with Jeff Carter?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Carter wants to stay in LA and think the Kings should hang on to him to mentor the kids coming up.

Reactions: YP44

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Carter wants to stay in LA and think the Kings should hang on to him to mentor the kids coming up.
It doesn’t matter always though. I personally don’t see a middle ground for a Carter to philly deal. (I also don’t think it makes sense)

If your top 5 or 10 prospects beat Vancouvers top 3 there is also a deal to be made

I guess it would be subjective.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Flyers aren’t a Jeff Carter away from a Stanley cup. There is no real need. We have Frost and hopefully Patrick down the line.

We don’t have the cap space.

I don’t want to move Frost, Brink period. I mostly want to stay the course.

And I love Carter.
Vancouver isn’t a Tyler Toffoli away from a Stanley Cup either, yet somehow here we are. GMs are stupid.

Reactions: deaderhead28

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Fair enough. I guess we’ll know in a few days who is right... and who is dead. ;)

Hey, like I said. I love Carter. He was my favorite flyer when he was here. I just don’t see the room past this year. We have Frost in the AHL, we have Patrick dealing with the migraines but potentially ramping up soon, and we have Oskar with his cancer condition. It’s a lot of unknowns going forward.

Cap space is lacking for us though.

Reactions: Asnito

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Hey, like I said. I love Carter. He was my favorite flyer when he was here. I just don’t see the room past this year. We have Frost in the AHL, we have Patrick dealing with the migraines but potentially ramping up soon, and we have Oskar with his cancer condition. It’s a lot of unknowns going forward.

Cap space is lacking for us though.

Honestly you should have bid on Toffoli

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
This may be a great fit especially if Patrick isn't coming back this season . The cost should be low and LA would 100% be covering 50% of the cap hit. Carter has been a proven winner in the playoffs. He fits the team with his size and speed. Defensively responsible. I'm thinking 2nd this year + 4th in 2021 if flyer make past second rd turns into a 3rd in 2021. This would be an overpayment and you might be able to make a deal without including our 2nd (include one of our young goalie prospects) but this may be worth the risk. Adding another goal scorer to our top 9 makes this team very tough to beat in a playoff series. If TB wasn't looking so unbeatable I would say we actually could go on a nice playoff run to the finals!

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
If the price is right no one is safe. Maybe take a veteran back like a Backes etc they can mentor the youth with Doughty and Kopi

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I'll go back to vinny/schenn trade. Flyers got back 3 and jordan weal. To get carter some off the books its a 3 and suspect from Flyers not prospect.
Carter is a +20 goal scorer and not beaten up. I am not saying he makes sense for the Flyers.

He doesnt want the full $5.2M because he will get paid $2M. Than you “liked” a post that said caphit matters to most teams while you said something entirely different.

The irony...

WTH are you constantly talking about this entire thread?

You are clueless

Last edited:

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A lobotomy to the Flyers front office. Carter is lazy and doesn’t want to leave SoCal.</p>&mdash; Hockey Buzz Eklund (@Eklund) <a href="">February 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmmm, so he's going to Philly for sure then. (E5)

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
You want a 25 goal scorer on a horrible team, for half the salary and he should be almost for free.
I just wonder what's in it for the Flyers. So far it heavily favours the Kings.

Take a guess.
We are talking a 25-30 goal scorer for 2.5 mill per year.

Everything Kaliyev and Blake will block your number

The Flyers have nothing even remotely close to fetch Arthur
You sir are a homer, you pretty much said you think kaliyev has more value than Patrick

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
This may be a great fit especially if Patrick isn't coming back this season . The cost should be low and LA would 100% be covering 50% of the cap hit. Carter has been a proven winner in the playoffs. He fits the team with his size and speed. Defensively responsible. I'm thinking 2nd this year + 4th in 2021 if flyer make past second rd turns into a 3rd in 2021. This would be an overpayment and you might be able to make a deal without including our 2nd (include one of our young goalie prospects) but this may be worth the risk. Adding another goal scorer to our top 9 makes this team very tough to beat in a playoff series. If TB wasn't looking so unbeatable I would say we actually could go on a nice playoff run to the finals!
The cost wouldnt be low if Kings retained 50%.2nd and good propect not a goalie.I personally rather keep Carter for the youth coming up to mentor.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers should consider taking Simmonds back before Carter
No thanks. At this point, Simmonds is not out producing Pitlick, Raffl and Aubel-Kubel at ES. And these guys have all spent many minutes on the 4th line.

Last thing we need is Simmonds as he has been replaced quite easily. The only "need" is a #3 C because of them thinking Frost is not quite ready, and Patrick's migraines. They won't have that hole next year, hence why Carter is not a "need".

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Having carter means we have a much bigger chance of winning a playoff series. That is prob how fletch is looking at it. The fact that they haven’t done anything yet may be bc they believe in Patrick not only coming back but also being a good 3C. That would be the best case scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad