Friedman: Flyers considering a reunion with Jeff Carter?

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I can honestly say....I like it...lol. I just don't think they trade away a 2nd+ a tier 2 prospect for it when he has 2 more years left.

Mind you, at the draft they could explore trading JVR if they wish to in order to recoup what they lost.

Yeah, I was thinking if JVR gets shipped somewhere, having Carter for multiple years makes sense.

Reactions: Tripod

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I would love to see Carter get another shot with Philly. I think Philly could win a round, maybe more if they stay healthy. I just also really like Jeff Carter as a player.

Philly fans, where would he slot into the lineup?

Voracek, Giroux, Couturier, Carter, Patrick, Hayes, Konecny...to me that feels like a very good 2 way forward group....I could be lost in the past though.

Reactions: Andrei79

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would love to see Carter get another shot with Philly. I think Philly could win a round, maybe more if they stay healthy. I just also really like Jeff Carter as a player.

3C or 3RW.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You can tell a lot of people in this thread don't watch the Kings or Carter.

17 goals, on pace for 20+ on a miserable Kings team. Odds are if he's not on the worst offensively team in the NHL he'd have what; 23-25 goals by now?

And there are people saying he's worthless at this stage in his career. Lol.

I woulsnt have a problem with Carter at all, I just sont know how he fits next year and the year after. Theres ALOT of unknowns right now for us (Lindblom/Patrick both RFA, but health concerns) and cap space is kinda at a premium for us unless we make another move. While I fully expect this gongshow of an organization to mistakenly trade Ghost, until that happens, we dont have a lot of flexibility to make this move, even with retention.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Voracek, Giroux, Couturier, Carter, Patrick, Hayes, Konecny...to me that feels like a very good 2 way forward group....I could be lost in the past though.

Patrick hasnt played all season. But ideally, Carter becomes our 2/3C, or 3Rw next year if Frost earns a spot on the roster

G - couturier jake
JVR- hayes - konecny
Farabee - frost - carter
Raffl - laughton - aube kubel

Reactions: TheKingPin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Patrick hasnt played all season. But ideally, Carter becomes our 2/3C, or 3Rw next year if Frost earns a spot on the roster

G - couturier jake
JVR- hayes - konecny
Farabee - frost - carter
Raffl - laughton - aube kubel

That forward corps would rival the best in the league, no doubt.

Philly sneaky good.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That forward corps would rival the best in the league, no doubt.

Philly sneaky good.

On paper, yeah. We probably need to move one of Raffl or Laughton for cap though, as we need to sign a backup next year, and have a few other housekeeping items (i.e. van we afford Braun, do we re sign Hagg, etc) to address.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Screenshot_20200219-091319_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200219-091339_Twitter.jpg

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Would Carter want to go back to Philly after the way the organization treated Jeff with his contract and trade to Columbus and all the Philly press drama?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
After Flyers brass shitting on him and Richards for Dry Island, it would be funny to see them accepting one of them back Lol.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
After Flyers brass ****ting on him and Richards for Dry Island, it would be funny to see them accepting one of them back Lol.
Would Carter want to go back to Philly after the way the organization treated Jeff with his contract and trade to Columbus and all the Philly press drama?

Took a while for any of this to come up, but beings as the people are gone ; I don’t see why not.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Seeing as how none of those people are a part of flyers hockey ops anymore, I dont know why itd be an issue.
Took a while for any of this to come up, but beings as the people are gone ; I don’t see why not.
It was pretty ridiculous TBH at the time. They got amazing value though that built the core of their next group of players.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It was pretty ridiculous TBH at the time. They got amazing value though that built the core of their next group of players.

I mean, for what it's worth, Carter didnt so himself any favors in the locker room when he was younger, either.

But the entire org has pretty much rolled over. Even Holmgren isnt really involved with the flyers anymore, despite his title.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and SnS

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I woulsnt have a problem with Carter at all, I just sont know how he fits next year and the year after. Theres ALOT of unknowns right now for us (Lindblom/Patrick both RFA, but health concerns) and cap space is kinda at a premium for us unless we make another move. While I fully expect this gongshow of an organization to mistakenly trade Ghost, until that happens, we dont have a lot of flexibility to make this move, even with retention.

Was it just this summer when you were saying the Niskanen and Braun trades were evidence of the Flyers being a "gongshow"? I guess you learned nothing from that. :laugh:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I mean, for what it's worth, Carter didnt so himself any favors in the locker room when he was younger, either.

But the entire org has pretty much rolled over. Even Holmgren isnt really involved with the flyers anymore, despite his title.
What did he do wrong? I remember he was injured during their playoff run and was made a scapegoat/labelled a perennial playoff choker at the time.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What did he do wrong? I remember he was injured during their playoff run and was made a scapegoat/labelled a perennial playoff choker at the time.

He apparently slept with Hartnells wife at the time. He and Richard's were also infamous for hitting the jersey shore party scene, and got into some questionable scenarios.

All of this is obviously history at this point, but...his hands weren't clean.

That said, yes, he was unnecessarily scapegoated by a lot of people here.

I'm assuming this is ok to share since its Google-able, but if not, feel free to delete, @SnS:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200219-115144_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200219-115144_Google.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 9

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He apparently slept with Hartnells wife at the time. He and Richard's were also infamous for hitting the jersey shore party scene, and got into some questionable scenarios.

All of this is obviously history at this point, but...his hands weren't clean.

That said, yes, he was unnecessarily scapegoated by a lot of people here.

I'm assuming this is ok to share since its Google-able, but if not, feel free to delete, @SnS:
Seems like pure speculation and those pics are just young millionaires doing what young millionaires do.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad