Friedman: Flyers considering a reunion with Jeff Carter?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Seems like pure speculation and those pics are just young millionaires doing what young millionaires do.

Theres a lot more to it than speculation, but im more than content to not dig up skeletons. I lived in the area for some time and Hartnell and Carter had to be separated at practice after the rumor came out. Believe what you will.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
After Flyers brass shitting on him and Richards for Dry Island, it would be funny to see them accepting one of them back Lol.
I think if you ask Carter, the trade from Philly to LA via Columbus served to make him grow up, be a pro and take care of his body. It was a needed wakeup call, and he got the message.

Carter has always been a favourite, but the Flyers don't need him if Patrick is coming back and Frost is ready next year. If it was rental, maybe.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I would be devastated if Carter is traded.

Keep in mind his defensive game has suffered a lot or he doesnt care much anymore. Its one of both.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If the cost is a 2nd+ a prospect they were not planning on signing for Carter at 50%, I think Fletch would do it and then see what happens with Patrick as a bonus. And it is insurance in case Patrick keeps having issues. Essentially, it replaces Lindblom in the top 9.

If the cost is Ghost, I don't do it. We need to keep and will keep the D depth for this playoffs. Then see what he might get on draft day.

Edit: for those who don't know, they Flyers "could" have 5 prospects becoming UFA's that need to be signed and all are worth signing: Laczynski, Allison, Hogberg, Wylie, Bernhardt. That's who I was referring to.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
The Kings don't need a mid round pick, mediocre prospect, or the cap space to trade Carter. He's more valuable to them, even in a rebuild. If he's traded, it's because someone gave up some value or he asked to be traded.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The bottle still has the cap on it. He's pretending to drink.

I mean, sure. We can focus on that instead of Carter publicly groping some woman, I guess.

That said, it's a picture and there's no context. It could be a joke between two friends. The idea for this wasnt to condemn him based on some 10 year old pictures. Just that you can search pretty easily in google and find a multitude of similar pictures. Theres no denying he was a party boy when he was much younger here, that's all.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and SnS

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I mean, sure. We can focus on that instead of Carter publicly groping some woman, I guess.

That said, it's a picture and there's no context. It could be a joke between two friends. The idea for this wasnt to condemn him based on some 10 year old pictures. Just that you can search pretty easily in google and find a multitude of similar pictures. Theres no denying he was a party boy when he was much younger here, that's all.
Yeah there's nothing incriminating at all. If the boob grab was unwanted, that pic is enough to get a legal conviction, but since none happened, we can assume it was welcome.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
The Kings don't need a mid round pick, mediocre prospect, or the cap space to trade Carter. He's more valuable to them, even in a rebuild. If he's traded, it's because someone gave up some value or he asked to be traded.

This, you need some old vets around to help mentor all that young talent coming up.

Drew needs to spend LOTS of time with the Kings D :)

Reactions: Stimpythecat

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This, you need some old vets around to help mentor all that young talent coming up.

Drew needs to spend LOTS of time with the Kings D :)

You dont want to spend all that money on Doughty just to mentor... this is where someone like Robert Hagg comes in. Low cost, great mentorship...and stuff. Let's make a deal.

(I'm obviously kidding, of course)

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
Theres a lot more to it than speculation, but im more than content to not dig up skeletons. I lived in the area for some time and Hartnell and Carter had to be separated at practice after the rumor came out. Believe what you will.
Carter and Hartnell both denied the rumor publicly and I can’t recall them ever getting into it at practice. Any proof at all? Because I’ve never had any reason to believe it was anything more than bullshit parroted by flyers fans for years. Richards and Carter being known to party often doesn’t mean they’d sleep with teammates wives ffs.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Carter and Hartnell both denied the rumor publicly and I can’t recall them ever getting into it at practice. Any proof at all? Because I’ve never had any reason to believe it was anything more than bullshit parroted by flyers fans for years. Richards and Carter being known to party often doesn’t mean they’d sleep with teammates wives ffs.

Cool strawman?

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Your the one who posted pictures of them partying as if it was relevant to what you were saying. Any proof or are you just gonna keep slandering the dude without any?

No, I posted the picture in conjunction to them not being entirely innocent and undeserving of the "the flyers screwed them over" claim someone posted, as they lived quite the party lifestyle in their younger years. Feel free to go read my post again.

Sorry to upset you, Jeff. For what's its worth, I'm a big fan.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
No, I posted the picture in conjunction to them not being entirely innocent and undeserving of the "the flyers screwed them over" claim someone posted, as they lived quite the party lifestyle in their younger years. Feel free to go read my post again.

Sorry to upset you, Jeff. For what's its worth, I'm a big fan.
So no proof still? You keep ignoring my main point of you shitting on a mans character for no reason. Who’s the one with the straw man again?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So no proof still? You keep ignoring my main point of you shitting on a mans character for no reason. Who’s the one with the straw man again?

Theres a pretty clear reason why i said "speculation is/was", or whatever I said to that effect. Obviously I have no definitive proof, again, thus the speculation/rumor piece that was in my post. I was at a practice shortly after the rumor broke, and there was some extra chippy-ness between the two, but that could have easily just been one of the two having a bad day.

But you're right. Next time, I'll hide in your closet so I can film your extramarital affair, Jeff.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Send Ghost for Trocheck and end this. I don't want old bum mf Carter that doesn't contribute much of anything on either side of the ice at this point in his career.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
Theres a pretty clear reason why i said "speculation is/was", or whatever I said to that effect. Obviously I have no definitive proof, again, thus the speculation/rumor piece that was in my post. I was at a practice shortly after the rumor broke, and there was some extra chippy-ness between the two, but that could have easily just been one of the two having a bad day.

But you're right. Next time, I'll hide in your closet so I can film your extramarital affair, Jeff.
So they got into it at practice and no one reports it? You said “There’s a lot more to it than speculation” yet speculation is all you have besides your practice story. No one reported on them getting into it at practice either which our guys absolutely would have. Either your the only one who saw (very unbelievable), you read too much into something, or it never happened at all.

Keep calling me Jeff Carter btw you got the whole squad laughing

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Homer?Last I checked,one of those players is on the ice contributing and the other isnt with health issues,which is more valuable asset right now?
You do realize Patrick has been practicing right lmao, he’s not just sitting on his couch all day, Patrick has more more value not playing that kaliyev has playing his career year

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
You do realize Patrick has been practicing right lmao, he’s not just sitting on his couch all day, Patrick has more more value not playing that kaliyev has playing his career year

man that is a close call for me. Patrick's upside and the position he plays makes him very valuable. I think it is safe to say Kaliyev would not be going in the 2nd round in a re-draft obviously not 2nd overall but I wonder where Patrick would go in a re-draft as well.

Edge to Patrick but I think it is close.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He has 17 goals on a team that doesnt score goals. This narrative is getting old.

The old adage that people on the east coast don’t get to see much of the western teams because the games start past their bed times stands true in this regard.

Carter’s 17 goals would put him in the top 5 on the Flyers in goal scoring, and that’s one more goal than Giroux and five more than Voracek.

Reactions: Stumbling Jack

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
man that is a close call for me. Patrick's upside and the position he plays makes him very valuable. I think it is safe to say Kaliyev would not be going in the 2nd round in a re-draft obviously not 2nd overall but I wonder where Patrick would go in a re-draft as well.

Edge to Patrick but I think it is close.
Kaliyev is doing the exact same as he did last year? I don’t know how his stock would rise considering he’s on pace for the same amount, kaliyev has issues and that’s why he dropped so much he’s considered a weak skater and defender, where as Patrick is great 2 ways obviously people think he has a much higher ceiling injuries just keep setting him back. I don’t think they are close at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad