Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Do not falsely claim you have inside information or a source without properly vetting it with a mod or an admin first.

From the hfboards forum rules:

"8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible."

Your posts will be deleted and action may be taken if you do.

Forum Rules link in Mod warning thread is broken. Fix please.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
4 -point game tonight...

Not gonna happen. Probably lose to Kingston tonight then pick up 2-3 more wins as Kingston loses out and gets the first pick. I actually do think they pick up the W tonight, but they better be on point because Kingston probably has that 8-1 L on their mind.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
So do we think Dellandrea gets traded this offseason? Or has Wellwood righted the ship enough for him to stay and help get the team to the playoffs? Any early reports on what Imports will be available in the draft for Flint to possible try to get to report?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
So do we think Dellandrea gets traded this offseason? Or has Wellwood righted the ship enough for him to stay and help get the team to the playoffs? Any early reports on what Imports will be available in the draft for Flint to possible try to get to report?

Waiting for fake emails to show up in 3.....2......1.....

HockeyForLife14

Aug 31, 2018
1. Yes

2. No

3. They have to convince the agent to get his player to come to flint. So going to be tough

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I think Flint wins tonight, but for selfish reasons, I hope I am wrong.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Do not FALSELY claim you have inside information or a source without properly vetting it with a mod or an admin first.

From the hfboards forum rules:

"8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post...Your posts will be deleted and action may be taken if you do.
So, Rule 8 applies only if your claim is false???

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
See ya Shane Wright!
Looked like Ethan Keppen wants Wright as a teammate. Probably won't see a finish quite like that any time soon. Bit of a sloppy game overall but it's clear that post-deadline Flint isn't the worst team in the league. They had more than a couple bad-bounces (and/or lack of finish if you want to look at it that way) but I thought they also got a little help from the refs tonight. They got away with a couple. Thought Cavallin recovered really well after that first one and had a good game. As did a bunch of the youngster and Jack Phibbs. Great play to break up a rush while on D was even nicer than the goal. Glad to see Uba on the top line with Ty and Jake and hope they get going as a line tomorrow.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
I am trying to understand the hype over Wright. Yes, if granted exceptional status he has no choice but to report to the team that comes in last. However, in looking at the list of prospects there are some really good players in the top 5.
IMO pick the right one that will fit with the team you are currently building, offer him the best package ever and sell him on why he should report.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So, Rule 8 applies only if your claim is false???

No, it means you cannot post inside information unless it is

A. You're posting some sort of external source that is vetted (i.e. a team reporter on twitter that has credibility)

or

B. You've properly vetted yourself with a moderator or an administrator so we know you are legit and not just posting nonsense to stir things up.

I understand fans are very passionate about junior hockey but this is ultimately just a board to discuss our favorite sport together.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I don't think it matters because Kingston is going to finish last. The hype over Wright? I've only seen highlight clips of the top kids but if the powers that be decide to give him exceptional status, that's enough for me. He's the consensus #1 by every scouting bureau. It'll place him in a very select group that includes John Tavares, Connor McDavid, Aaron Ekblad. It also means a guaranteed 3 years in the OHL and a ton of media attention. Which in turn, will help recruit kids. Which will help improve the team. Which will help recruit kids. Erie was a 10 win team and McDavid jump started the process that lead to 4 straight 50 win seasons and an OHL Championship.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I don't think it matters because Kingston is going to finish last. The hype over Wright? I've only seen highlight clips of the top kids but if the powers that be decide to give him exceptional status, that's enough for me. He's the consensus #1 by every scouting bureau. It'll place him in a very select group that includes John Tavares, Connor McDavid, Aaron Ekblad. It also means a guaranteed 3 years in the OHL and a ton of media attention. Which in turn, will help recruit kids. Which will help improve the team. Which will help recruit kids. Erie was a 10 win team and McDavid jump started the process that lead to 4 straight 50 win seasons and an OHL Championship.

And Sean Day. Wright may be granted exceptional status as an early born 2004 with nothing to gain by playing another year in midget that teams will no doubt draft in the first round. It does not mean Wright will be the next McDavid or Tavares; or, even clearly the best in this draft. Othmann, his LW is putting the same silly numbers. The top D pairing on Wright’s team are ranked #2 & #6.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
And Sean Day. Wright may be granted exceptional status as an early born 2004 with nothing to gain by playing another year in midget that teams will no doubt draft in the first round. It does not mean Wright will be the next McDavid or Tavares; or, even clearly the best in this draft. Othmann, his LW is putting the same silly numbers. The top D pairing on Wright’s team are ranked #2 & #6.
But Sean Day wasn’t really a stand out when he got to the O. He certainly wasn’t in McDavids caliber.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
But Sean Day wasn’t really a stand out when he got to the O. He certainly wasn’t in McDavids caliber.

Exactly. Wright is not getting compared to Crosby, McDavid & Taveres; or Stamkos, Hall & Seguin; and, no one is even saying Wright is elite in same way Byfield & Purfetti were.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Kingston could do a consideration deal to have you pass on him if you were to finish last. Could turn out to be very lucrative.

Reactions: dirty12

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
I am more worried about management making sure whoever they pick will commit than whether they get Wright. We cant afford to have our high picks not report. Like Owen Powers and yes i know that could still work in our favor but maybe not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockey61fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad