Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
How can a team sell draft picks on coming to Flint with so much uncertainty? Throw out your thoughts

Why wouldn't a draft pick want to come to Flint? Tell us your thoughts.

100%. He got Morgan to come here, hes been amazing since showing up. He was a 1st round pick, he could have vetoed the deal. He got Pierce and Deline to commit and play here.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Biggest test will be if we don’t get first overall in the draft in convincing who goes 2nd to come

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Why wouldn't a draft pick want to come to Flint? Tell us your thoughts.

100%. He got Morgan to come here, hes been amazing since showing up. He was a 1st round pick, he could have vetoed the deal. He got Pierce and Deline to commit and play here.
Morgan has no choice. Windsor barely played him. He was traded from kingston. Beggars can’t be choosers.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Unlike Rowe, Morgan chose to make the best out of his opportunity to play in Flint where there are a lot of talented players his age.
Though the fact that Flint acquired a 17 yr old mid #1 pick for just a 2nd & 4th shows there was not exactly a bidding war for his services.

Reactions: Toldyaso

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Unlike Rowe, Morgan chose to make the best out of his opportunity to play in Flint where there are a lot of talented players his age.
Though the fact that Flint acquired a 17 yr old mid #1 pick for just a 2nd & 4th shows there was not exactly a bidding war for his services.
I’m just saying that’s my point, no more choice just go play.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
IF Morgan had others choices one would certainly think his top choice would not be to come to a last place team lol. I tend agree with the above poster, Morgan had no other choices, but what Morgan did was make the best of the opportunity he has been given in Flint and it's worked out for him.

Reactions: hockjock

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Team rankings mean more to players than you realize, maybe not as much to a player who isn’t at the top of their game or a player who needs to find a better fit to help them advance in their career, but majority of players if you were to ask, rankings mean a lot. It's no secret Dellandrea has wanted out of Flint for a very long time, but Flint can't acquire any top trades for him so the question needs to be asked, why? Is it because Flint is a bottom team, more likely than not. The only way they will acquire a top player to come will be because of my first sentence. Flint’s has a bad reputation and has been sinking ever since the Nielsen debacle and it won’t get any better until major changes are made at the top. As much as Flint tries to paint a glorified picture of what a great organization it is to come to, unfortunately players (past and present) agents, NHL scouts, parents, billets and fans know otherwise and my guess would be those people don't keep quiet of how things really are within organization.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Team rankings mean more to players than you realize, maybe not as much to a player who isn’t at the top of their game or a player who needs to find a better fit to help them advance in their career, but majority of players if you were to ask, rankings mean a lot. It's no secret Dellandrea has wanted out of Flint for a very long time, but Flint can't acquire any top trades for him so the question needs to be asked, why? Is it because Flint is a bottom team, more likely than not. The only way they will acquire a top player to come will be because of my first sentence. Flint’s has a bad reputation and has been sinking ever since the Nielsen debacle and it won’t get any better until major changes are made at the top. As much as Flint tries to paint a glorified picture of what a great organization it is to come to, unfortunately players (past and present) agents, NHL scouts, parents, billets and fans know otherwise and my guess would be those people don't keep quiet of how things really are within organization.

Packman, you've hit on it right on. Flint is facing a situation in which none of the other 19 OHL teams is confronting.

You want sources...talk to the players (past and present), to player agents, NHL teams and scouts, player parents and billet families. They will tell you the truth all about Flint and the reason this organization will not improve until a new owner is found and the OHL is no longer is in control of the franchise.

Unfortunately, there are folks out there who are defending this team and its dismal performance. Does it have to come to losing this team before you speak up against it?

Reactions: TcNorth

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Packman, you've hit on it right on. Flint is facing a situation in which none of the other 19 OHL teams is confronting.

You want sources...talk to the players (past and present), to player agents, NHL teams and scouts, player parents and billet families. They will tell you the truth all about Flint and the reason this organization will not improve until a new owner is found and the OHL is no longer is in control of the franchise.

Unfortunately, there are folks out there who are defending this team and its dismal performance. Does it have to come to losing this team before you speak up against it?

Strange. This team has been improving every day since Wellwood took over.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

I want you to quit claiming you have sources, because literally nothing you have stated here has become true, at any point.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
And the sources we have heard from seem optimistic on the future of the team as Wellwood has created a better environment for the KIDS. Time will tell. It always will. If powerhouses like Plymouth and Belleville can get moved, Flint can rise up and correct this issue. Im sure teams like Windsor and London who have had issues in the past have and will turn it around. Seems right now Sudbury is in this process from what I have read on the boards (could be wrong). Some people think constantly putting down is a way to rise up and it is not. You can call out the negative, but also call out the positive, as these KIDS are basically going thru job training as late teenagers instead of early to mid 20 year old adults.

And of course, if I had a kid, i would want him to be in the best situation possible. For some they think this is being a follower, others would rather try writing their own story, building up a franchise from the possible edge of relocation and make it a championship contender. Maybe that is what Wellwood is preaching. IDK. Not a fly in the locker room/training room/practice rink/urinals/suites.

From what i have heard, all indications are saying Wellwood is back in town and coaching this squad next year. Yes it could change, but consider him the coach till we hear different.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
I want you to quit claiming you have sources, because literally nothing you have stated here has become true, at any point.

Does NOTHING include confirming that Eric Wellwood would become the Firebirds coach before else anyone did?

Reactions: TcNorth

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Does NOTHING include confirming that Eric Wellwood would become the Firebirds coach before else anyone did?

Someone else posted Eric Wellwood would be the next head coach.

You just became the first person to respond to him.

So like I said, you still haven't brought anything factual to this board. You just rinse and repeat information and POST IN CAPITAL LETTERS A LOT and just keep repeating and repeating and repeating yourself to make yourself sound relevant.

You sound like a useless politician, just keep repeating stuff like its news, when everyone already knows whats going on.

Reactions: Gensdef

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Claims random e mail correspondence with some NHL team(s), and probably stuff they over hear in the gossip line of the women's rest room. What is the huge deal with revealing the sources? They seem so low key anyways. Or even to a mod so they can verify that the knowledge being spewed has some merit.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Claims random e mail correspondence with some NHL team(s), and probably stuff they over hear in the gossip line of the women's rest room. What is the huge deal with revealing the sources? They seem so low key anyways. Or even to a mod so they can verify that the knowledge being spewed has some merit.

The personal e-mail early winter from NYI president Lou Lamoriello on maple leafs letter head was not a legit source?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
If Pierce wanted more playing time in the OHL, he didn’t have much of a choice. Same with Deline.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Someone else posted Eric Wellwood would be the next head coach.

You just became the first person to respond to him.

So like I said, you still haven't brought anything factual to this board. You just rinse and repeat information and POST IN CAPITAL LETTERS A LOT and just keep repeating and repeating and repeating yourself to make yourself sound relevant.

You sound like a useless politician, just keep repeating stuff like its news, when everyone already knows whats going on.
....and two different people had tipped me that Wellwood was going to be hired before that person even posted.

colts29

Nov 12, 2018
Sorry to interrupt on your site.

Lots of negativety on your board and not so sure it is all justified. From what I can see your team seems to have turned the corner with the addittion of Wellwoood, not sure he deserves all the credit but it would seeem that way. Not saying I agree with the way the Branch's and the OHL have performed.
However as a casual follower of the Firebirds it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the playoffs next year and with a decent possibility of playing for a championship in the near future.
Just wanted to say that a lot of JR hockey fans are behind you, hoping that everything works out and the team stays in Flint.

Having Flint in the OHL is good for the OHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad