Confirmed Trade: [FLA/MTL] Ben Chiarot (50%) for 2023 1st round pick, 2022 4th round pick, and Ty Smilanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Good pickup from Florida. Him and Weber were tough as nails together. Definitely a team guy, decent wheels and good enough hockey sense. Without a doubt a top-4 D in this league.

Win-win, IMO. They will love him come playoffs time.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
1st overall and 4th overall and a prospect for a 3rd pairing D who is not even very good.

I wouldn't pay that or even close, that's for sure.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
For months now hockey insiders have been saying the asking price for Chiarot was a 1st + and that several teams were in on him. The trade goes down for exactly that and you have the people who said it was Habs fans overvaluing Chiarot surprised lol. Like we were the ones making up the reports.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
1st overall and 4th overall and a prospect for a 3rd pairing D who is not even very good.

I wouldn't pay that or even close, that's for sure.
It's a good thing nobody paid that 1st and 4th overall price.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I really really really like this trade for the Habs so you can imagine what I think of the Panthers decision lol.
I like it for both teams. Habs get some great assets for an expiring contract. Cats address their biggest need going into playoffs. Every trade at deadline for a expiring contract that you probably won't resign is an overpay in a way but if you are spending 3 assets to try to sneak into a wildcard spot vs spending them to solidify your spot as a legitimate cup contender its different. This makes Florida better in what may be their best shot to win a cop in their history.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Insane to me that anyone supports Dubas. The dude started with more young talent than any GM I can think of, and he does not even have a playoff series win (he also traded a lot of draft picks and still has not gotten a win).

Classic value you own and go on defense about it. Basically the same thing said about Babcock but when they fired him, the real truth came out. I don't think Dubas is an idiot but the problem I would have if I was a Leafs fan was giving him the GM job while he learned on the job. Not a good move at the most important time in franchise history.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
when was the last time Montreal were buyers at the deadline? seems like they've been selling for years. easy to to a seller a TDL

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
when was the last time Montreal were buyers at the deadline? seems like they've been selling for years. easy to to a seller a TDL
Literally bought last year on route to final? This thread needs to be put into HHOF for the amount of delusions

Reactions: j c petit

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Literally bought last year on route to final? This thread needs to be put into HHOF for the amount of delusions
lol. picking up a few cheap D man isn't exactly what I had in mind. I don't thing Merril and Gustaffson count as big moves as montreal was planning to make finals. let's be ho est they have mostly been sellers for a really long time.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
lol. picking up a few cheap D man isn't exactly what I had in mind. I don't thing Merril and Gustaffson count as big moves as montreal was planning to make finals. let's be ho est they have mostly been sellers for a really long time.
If you not selling AND your not doing nothing, generally the last option is buying. Merril played key minutes.
To give charity to your point I think the last major buy was Petry

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Yeah you did, LOL.

Man does reading this thread brings to the realization that HF is full of loud mouth know-it-all.
I was more of a thought it all rather than a know it all but what you gonna do. You win some and lose some. What can I do about 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland