Confirmed Trade: [FLA/MTL] Ben Chiarot (50%) for 2023 1st round pick, 2022 4th round pick, and Ty Smilanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
I love what Montreal got here. Had a discussion with another poster that Chariot would never return a first and a prospect. Montreal would be lucky to get one let alone both. I was told its just logic ..... ah hockey boards logic... Always subjective but never boring.

Reactions: themilosh

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
It is a win-win for both sides.

It might seem like an overpay but Florida, but they have a stacked team and Chiarot will be a beast for them in the playoffs. When you're that close, who cares about a late first round pick, B prospect and mid-round pick.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
It is a win-win for both sides.

It might seem like an overpay but Florida, but they have a stacked team and Chiarot will be a beast for them in the playoffs. When you're that close, who cares about a late first round pick, B prospect and mid-round pick.
Exactly and remember next year Barkov is getting paid, Verhaeghe too and they still have Bob on the books who can be great but is definitely overpaid. They have next year with Huberdeau, Knight and Weegar's contracts, while after that they are due for a raise... I think FLA is right to go all in this year and I believe they will go all in next year too.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
I think the biggest thing people are overlooking is the fact that Chiarot only takes away 1,75m of cap space. Almost as if the Panthers chose him over the giordano's and lindholm's in order to save space to bring in someone else also... 👀

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
The 4th and Smilanic says to me that there was more than one team willing to give up a late 1st.

Leaving that 1st unprotected is a desperation move that looks bad on the franchise. Presuming it will be “late” is of course more likely than not. Just remember how confident Ottawa, San Jose, and VGK we’re trading away their firsts in the last three years following big seasons.

Reactions: General Fanager

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Leaving that 1st unprotected is a desperation move that looks bad on the franchise. Presuming it will be “late” is of course more likely than not. Just remember how confident Ottawa, San Jose, and VGK we’re trading away their firsts in the last three years following big seasons.
Chances are quite slim but hey aren't zero. So that's a win for The Habs.....

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad